Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst Blog #5 - Player Council II

124Next

Comments

• shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    They killed copos :(
  • Drivefaster88Drivefaster88 Registered Users 1,101 Posts
    6.0 needs to be fixed. It looks horrible and runs horrible as well
    JDM Lover
    Ign - Chrome platinum 884
    - Money may not buy happiness, but its better to cry in a Nissan
    Owner of a 2004 Rocket Bunny 350z
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    If the player council played this game at their last meeting and gave it a thumbs up, I have a big middle finger for you guys. No way did they play this choppy, mangled mess and say "woohoo what a great idea" or is it they voiced their dislikes and you guys at Glu took all their feedback and threw it in the trash? It looks like a crappy version of csr now but it runs like windows 95... way to take a somewhat good thing and revert it back 10 years
  • penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    edited October 2016
    Now what they did is ask "what recommendations do you have".

And then they said great now we will do the total fuckin opposite of that
  • RuttchenRuttchen Registered Users 4 Posts
    Racing Rivals R.I.P
  • RuttchenRuttchen Registered Users 4 Posts
    Finaly they killed the game, good work glu !
  • BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    It sux the graphics are horrible lags tthe chat u cant hardly read and y do we need global chat smh
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    Global chat is full of rambling idiot children. Very annoying. Where is the OFF button?
    why is the font on everything soooooo small? The tach shrunk, the font is unreadable as well as race results etc... who the hell thought of this and who the hell ok'd it? Looks like something a couple 12 year olds created in their garage
    Next time you have a player coucil it may be wise to get actual racers on there. Not a youtuber, some ex racers, a guy who pretty much only races for wr's and a guy who doesn't even race, just exploits the game for his on personal gain. Any actual racer would have ripped this update apart at the coucil. They would have had nothing but negative things to say about this version versus the other version..
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    edited November 2016
    edited for callout
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Trex824Trex824 Registered Users 655 Posts
    So how do we participate in player council
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    C y r u s said:

Next time you have a player coucil it may be wise to get actual racers on there. Not a youtuber, some ex racers, a guy who pretty much only races for wr's and a guy who doesn't even race, just exploits the game for his on personal gain. Any actual racer would have ripped this update apart at the coucil. They would have had nothing but negative things to say about this version versus the other version..

You think you know everything? But you are on to something. The council played and saw an early betaversion or some non finished version. Probably on some highend devices, running on a local network. According to pigpen(who btw turfs every week!!) they for sure didnt play with this update or close to. They saw something that ran smooth and wasent lagging. So now glu pushes this crap update trough, and pretty much makes the council members look like idiots,mbecausenthe approoved and said all over the web, that 6.0 was something to look forward to.

Further more. Ryyst says in a reply to me that the council has no power. Imo its just odd they even gonna spend money foying them to long beach, and then just trash all the ideas that comes on the table, not using even one of them.. THATS odd, i know some of the things they presentet for glu, but glu obviesly didnt took any of them and used them. Just a shame that long beach office are more into bling, than prober gameplay!!

Greeting from Denmark HOWISTHAT.
  • errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    I think it's great that you're picking people out of the real world to help with the game but before you make any future changes could you put a ballot or something you know something that's a little bit more broader feedback I mean you guys already do a lot on Facebook and this forum why not just put a pole hey you guys want to try this new update yes or no maybe give a little video what gameplay looks like have a redirect to a beta of it or something be willing to spend $0.99 to play the beta to see if I like the new update or not when it's something major like the 6.0 update you know what I mean
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Howien said:

C y r u s said:

You think you know everything? But you are on to something. The council played and saw an early betaversion or some non finished version. Probably on some highend devices, running on a local network. According to pigpen(who btw turfs every week!!) they for sure didnt play with this update or close to. They saw something that ran smooth and wasent lagging. So now glu pushes this crap update trough, and pretty much makes the council members look like idiots,becausenthe approoved and said all over the web, that 6.0 was something to look forward to.

Further more. Ryyst says in a reply to me that the council has no power. Imo its just odd they even gonna spend money foying them to long beach, and then just trash all the ideas that comes on the table, not using even one of them.. THATS odd, i know some of the things they presentet for glu, but glu obviesly didnt took any of them and used them. Just a shame that long beach office are more into bling, than prober gameplay!!

Greeting from Denmark HOWISTHAT.
    The purpose of the Player Council was to show them what we had in store. True, we had it on a semi-high end device, and it was still early. I still say, on high end devices, the game looked better than the version they saw. Truth is, we bit off more than we could chew. We tried to up the ante by giving the players high end graphic fidelity. We thought, with graphic scaling older devices would still be able to play it. We were wrong. We didn't realize the scope of what that meant. We didn't realize that there was no way to tell how this would affect the 100,000s of players we have on all their different devices. We were wrong in our approach. We had intention, but ultimately we weren't able to accomplish what we set out to do on the grand scale.

I'd like to point out that we didn't feel we released a "crap" update. Obviously if we had forseen all the issues players encountered, we would not have released it in the state it was. Now, you can believe that statement or not, I know how it goes. I can only assure yo uwe had the best of intentions, again, business-wise, it wouldn't make sense if we did this purposefully.

It can be argued that we didn't test this enough. Well, maybe not, however, all QA departments are finite. They only have so many people, so much time and in mobile gaming, so many devices. On our last count, there were over 500 different Android devices. There is no realistic way to make sure a lot of those work. We did what we could. Again, scope was too big. We admit that.

That doesn't mean that we failed 100%. We did make a game with "better" better graphics that runs fine. Unfortunately, it only happens on high end devices under ideal circumstances. So we're doing what we can, which means yes, we are going back to 5.3 car graphics.

We tried. We had good intentions. Unfortunately, this didn't pay off like we wanted. Believe me, we aren't happy. We haven't been. We've been disappointed, mostly in ourselves. We're going to look at our future plans and re-evaluate things, we're going to get introspective and we'll probably continue to beat ourselves up over this. But we've persevered through other updates that were "game ending" and we've pulled through. That's what we do as humans right? We get kicked down, we get back up and we try again. We may fail again at some point, we may triumph. That's what we do here at Glu, we keep moving forward.

As for the Player Council. Who said we trashed their ideas? 6.0 was already pretty much done in regards to what were were including when they got here. Doesn't mean we aren't taking their ideas for future releases. We are definitely looking into much of their advice and feedback. They themselves have seen and heard some of the things we are planning to still include in Rivals.. True, some of them were a little confused into what was going into 6.0, but much of what they reported is still in the works, and like I said, a lot of what they shared with us is still on our minds. So no, we didn't invite them here to make 6.0, we invited them hear to help shape 6.1, 6.2, 7.0 and what else lies ahead of us.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

I think it's great that you're picking people out of the real world to help with the game but before you make any future changes could you put a ballot or something you know something that's a little bit more broader feedback I mean you guys already do a lot on Facebook and this forum why not just put a pole hey you guys want to try this new update yes or no maybe give a little video what gameplay looks like have a redirect to a beta of it or something be willing to spend $0.99 to play the beta to see if I like the new update or not when it's something major like the 6.0 update you know what I mean

We plan on including the community more in future releases using polls and discussions.

• 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Back in the day CIE beta tested the Android interface for probably a month or so before introducing both platforms together, you would probably get better feedback using 25-50 individuals to run the update prior to roll out. Just an idea
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Better graphics haha i cant even tell wat color my cars are and wat happened to the arrows at the bottom in the garage u cant scroll thru its a mess smh
    2HIPSI said:

Back in the day CIE beta tested the Android interface for probably a month or so before introducing both platforms together, you would probably get better feedback using 25-50 individuals to run the update prior to roll out. Just an idea

Unfortunately, quality of feedback wasn't that great. It's one thing to do a beta test release, it's another to actually get these people to submit useful feedback. Once people realize it's actually kinda like work, they lose interest. Selecting specific players would take time even then, again, at some point players realize its work and lose interest.

• dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    When dealing with a game that deals very much on smooth gameplay, why has GLU decided to lower the frame rate limit on devices? It was 60 in 5.x, now locked at 30 in 6.0.2 - you can't expect us to have a smoother experience if you are locking the frame rate to 30.
  • King Of Street 2014King Of Street 2014 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Please unbanned my account. Loggin name is king of the bed. Much thanks.