Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

6.0.2 is LIVE!

DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
Just a quick note that iOS is live and Android is expected to follow in about an hour.

Comments

• DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    Android is now live too!
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Removing and re DL'ing now, here's hoping it actually opens on my tablet
  • adam75beastadam75beast Registered Users 29 Posts
    @downshift Where's the compensation at

@downshift Where's the compensation at

We're working on that still. It will come
  • breakofdawnbreakofdawn Registered Users 10 Posts
    Runs better and the Cars look much better. good work! I had just a hang up while I try to repair an engine...

Runs better and the Cars look much better. good work! I had just a hang up while I try to repair an engine...

I had that as well, but was only the first time, shutdown and restarted it was fine afterwards

overall it's not bad, I say leave the experimental graphics off, it looks better and lags much less

And yes it actually loaded after i removed 6.0.1 and re dl'ed
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    crazyjr said:

I had that as well, but was only the first time, shutdown and restarted it was fine afterwards

overall it's not bad, I say leave the experimental graphics off, it looks better and lags much less

@crazyjr
    Glad to see you are able to get back on to the game. Safe to say you'll be sticking around now? :)

crazyjr said:

@crazyjr
    Glad to see you are able to get back on to the game. Safe to say you'll be sticking around now? :)
    for now, actually found i can drive some of my cars now. maybe a week off was what i needed to get some bearings
  • CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts
    thank you for the quick update!! Game is SO MUCH better now. So far all the issues I had on my iPhone 6s seem to be cleared up.
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • XSTACKSXSTACKS Registered Users 1,862 Posts
    Rims still look like crap.
  • portugal2100portugal2100 Registered Users 49 Posts
    It's better now, I can't see my white and red spike rimms, they are black
  • tequileros97tequileros97 Registered Users 911 Posts
    I'm still experiencing some fps lag on my Galaxy Note 4, but at least the fps has roughly doubled for me. The battery heats up a lot less now thankfully, but it still feels warm when I play (at least warmer than it would be before 6.0).

I'm still experiencing some fps lag on my Galaxy Note 4, but at least the fps has roughly doubled for me. The battery heats up a lot less now thankfully, but it still feels warm when I play (at least warmer than it would be before 6.0).

Thank you for the info. If you experience further issues, please post them in the 6.0.2 bugs thread.
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    LOL...I can't even get in to the shipyard. This game gets better and better.....
    NASTYTHUG said:

LOL...I can't even get in to the shipyard. This game gets better and better.....

Remind me what device/OS you're on please?
  • tequileros97tequileros97 Registered Users 911 Posts

Thank you for the info. If you experience further issues, please post them in the 6.0.2 bugs thread.
    no problem, good job on the update
    My advice to you guys (GLU), Keep the old graphics. They look much better, on my device at least, and lag is much less. If the new graphics go in as is, that will kill the game for many players. including me
    @[RR] DownShift, I have the nexus 7, pixel lx and the note 7. This is horrible nothing but lag and now that I can actually get in to my garage it takes like 2 mins for me to get in the shipyard and when I try to get in a lobby it takes just as long. I don't care about the cheap as gift that everyone got...I just want no lag. Once again I will be missing turf cause the lag is bad. IGN: N A S T Y (2 spaces)
    Just a FYI...I never had these issues before the update...none!!
    NASTYTHUG said:

Just a FYI...I never had these issues before the update...none!!

I'm going to have someone look specifically at you today to see if we can gain any info. Your experience should not have downgraded. If you could PM me with all your additional account info, that will help me track you down in our system.
This discussion has been closed.