Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Devs take note about Latest update

AdwyryAdwyry Registered Users 52 Posts
edited November 2016 in iOS Bug Reports
I hope this help you devs, after installing the new update I tried both settings of Experimental graphics on and off. The result with Experimental graphics off is all my cars with Matte paint are back to pre update texture and color except Matte Black which is darker. However the wheels I have applied the have special tints are not showing anything but black wheels and none of my Chrome wheels are showing pre update texture or shiny as a chrome wheel would.

With Experimental graphics On, all my wheels are closer to what they were in appearance and color prior to the update. However some Wheel Colors revert back to either all Black in color or washed out Grey looking wheels. Also the Matte paint colors no longer look like they did prior to the update, they look like shiny versions of the original Matte colors and are not the correct color. In either Experimental setting though the cars are much better looking and closer to pre update appearance.

I am running the game on an iPad Air using 10.1.1. I have yet to try this on my iPhone 6. I hope this helps moving forward, the cars now look much better.

Ad

Comments

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    @Adwyry One thing to note - they are still working on the colors of the cars and wheels/ rims. What you are seeing right now, from what I've read on other posts here, is / are not the finished product, and will be updated again in the future. This update was mainly designed to give players the option to turn off the enhanced graphics, so that those with older devices that struggle with the updated graphics can still play, albeit at a lower graphical fidelity.
  • AdwyryAdwyry Registered Users 52 Posts
    I was merely trying to help by giving positive feedback instead of griping about the update. I read the post indicating they were still working on the paint, I must have missed the part about wheels being included with paint issues. I assure you I will not take the initiative to say anything positive about the game in the future nor comment in this forum again. Have a nice day!
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    @Adwyry I think you took my post the wrong way. I wasn't attacking you in any way - I was just merely letting you know that they are aware of the exact things you are seeing, and that they are working on it. I just wanted to reply and try to be informative / helpful to you (and to anyone else that may read this thread). I'd hate to see you leave the forums, but that is entirely up to your discretion.