Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

What do you think?

PIGP3NPIGP3N Registered Users 212 Posts
I'd like to know what people's opinions are in regards to what should be done to hackers/glitchers/and money dupers? I'm mostly interested in the money dupers situation, but feel free to comment on any of these topics. I think enough warning shots have been fired by CIE and now it should be fair game to raise the awareness level to DEF CON 1 (did you get the joke) anyways... I can't sit here and say my hands are clean. I admit back in Jan/Feb I duped mucho dinero. I was nearly two weeks into the game and an exploit was set in front of me on a silver platter. Only playing the game for two weeks I had zero deep rooted interest in the game so I duped hundreds of millions daily. Sure as hell beat sitting for 6 hours a day racing bots in campaign for 20k. So I did It without remorse. When the SHTF and CIE confiscated billions of illegitimate moneys they were kind enough to allow us exploiters to keep some cars and money so we could continue playing the game. You may call me a hypocrite for my opinion but I say I just have a new point of view. Lately I look on the money leaderboards and it's apparent who is duping money. I see people who blatantly name their dummy accts which advertise they sell Racing Rivals money. It pisses me off. Over the last few months I have spent hundreds of hours playing this game. Getting highs from pinks wins to aggravation and frustration from a humiliating loss. When I started I never thought I could get such enjoyment from a "simple" app. I'm used to console games and to think an app could compete for my attention was absurd. well let me tell you, I was wrong, dead wrong. This game gripped me and set it's hooks into me to the point where I daydream about RR all day at work. So when I see and hear about people who don't care about this game and who are destroying it I get angry. I'm waiting for the day when the SHTF again and not only are accts banned that duped money but all associated accts with that IP address are frozen as well. Confiscating the money from the offending acct only will not hit em where it counts. Additional steps should be taken to ensure people think twice before attempting to cheat the system. Take all the money transferred from acct to acct, follow the breadcrumb trails untill the root(s) acct is discovered and freeze all cars, money and gems on the basis that the user agreement has been violated. Let's restore this game and move on so we can all enjoy as we should.

Comments

• Options
    jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    K well me in particular I could care less about money glitches. They don't bother me none cause they don't effect me when I lose money for no reason though there's a problem. I was at 300 mil of all legit and cash and got brought down to 20. Now I'm poor (in my eyes compared to what I had) that makes me angry. Lol but as far as money glitches on leaderboards they don't get prizes for that so it don't phase me. I come on for social racing not worried about anything else i race with friends and that makes me happy. That's all that matters to me. I can't buy stuff like how I use to so I just gotta work harder to get that paper :)
  • Options
    Well Mr. binx, money glitching does (did) affect you, by your own admission you point your finger at glitching as the reason your money was taken. If that is the case, do you have any concern that this could happen again to you feel the worst passed and are we heading for greener pastures?
  • Options
    67 blown nova67 blown nova Registered Users 1,033 Posts
    Let me ask you this, would you still be mad if you knew how to do the money glitch now?
  • Options
    Nightfire27Nightfire27 Registered Users 192 Posts
    I don't really think that many people are concerned with money duplication tbh (I speak for myself on this one), whilst I have never used it I'm sure that somewhere down the line I have done a deal with someone who has duplicated money or that they did a deal with someone who did so etc. etc. Point is, had no real effect on me, I'm sure the developers and some other people would disagree and that's fair enough. But I reckon other issues should be resolved first, like the blatant hacks, glitches and other horror stories that get posted on this forum and in game, oh yeah and the scammers, never forget those, just gotta do what I always do, and that's to earn what I get, because stuff always seems that little bit better when you know that you earned it, not glitched it.
  • Options
    I can't say I'm 100% certain NOVA because it's a hypothetical situation, but I don't believe my opinion would change if I knew how to dup money. I haven't placed much importance on those numbers in a while. I rarely ever spend RR money anymore. I focus my time and energy on racing, pinks and just having fun. Tons of money in the bank really doesn't enhance the game too much for me these days. I've found that if the game can be played in a manner where an exorbitant amount of money is not necessary.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    we have cracked down on alot this past week and banned several people. More will come. Justice will be swift
  • Options
    alexxxoralexxxor Registered Users 32 Posts
    yeah funny to enjoy such an expensive game and they dont do any shyt
  • Options
    CsfenceCsfence Registered Users 58 Posts
    Here is what I don't get.. $100 a mil... that's crazy make it affordable and less people would hack, and on another note like nightfire said the money hack hasn't directly effected me what has are faster cars in turf rooms just pulling cars out of the garage and nothing being done about it. I bet outta 10 people race 4-6 of them are not in the right rating of room, and I am mainly talking for turf Ive lost so many cars to glitch or hacked cars its not even funny and more so makes a guy want to quit spending money on the game when its just taken away from a person unfairly....
  • Options
    GvosGvos Registered Users 69 Posts
    I'd love to see a list of the names that were banned, I bet I've run across more than a few of them...
  • Options
    HausIsBossHausIsBoss Registered Users 248 Posts
    If THEY can't race legit!
  • Options
    HausIsBossHausIsBoss Registered Users 248 Posts
    Hackers and guys in low rooms with maxed cars by far ruin the game the most for me. I have many cars at various ratings and wold like to race them. But if u take a low or new car out to race if and build it, u get hassled by guys that can't race legit. Scammers they are easy to spot if u remember that nothing good in life comes for free except this getting this app. Don't let the weak of heart and losers ruin our game for us.