Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Why racing rivals promote apk?

moparman406moparman406 Registered Users 58 Posts
Just wondering why glu would have a promoter of apk mods at players meeting?

Comments

• Options
    shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    They're player council for a reason.

Glu doesn't control them like their staff
  • Options
    Ok just thought it was odd guy posting thanks and stuff about being at players council and then in his next post. post promo code for discount on apk mod to mod the game. And promoting sites like sinfulandroid
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Each one was chosen for a specific purpose.

For some things you want the Justice League... and sometimes you need the Suicide Squad.

or the Dirty Dozen... the Magnificent Seven... Leo DiCaprio from Catch Me if You Can.

We need insight from different aspects of the community.

And again... he's helped this game more than most.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    So then it's ok to mod game? make others lose without even race run DC's unlimited boost list goes on
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Apparently as long as you "help the game" in some other way.....
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    GLU logic.

Takes a snake to find a snake.

Now if that snake is helping take out the other snakes. He's a good snake.

Their snake.

Understand now?
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    More like just narrowing the market for their snake
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @c y r u s

Well sometimes you have to feed the snake to keep it from biting back. Easier to feed the snake, then bandage the wound

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    You all can think what you want of the people chosen to come here and talk about the game. Not gush about it,not to feed our egos about it, but to tell us whats wrong, what needs to change, what the community thinks. To get that info, we need people who are involved in every aspect of the community. Every... Aspect.

No one mentions the other player council members and their contributions to the community, you seem to just want to focus on one. There are several players we chose. Yes, one you probably consider "shady" and maybe he does get involve din less favorable aspects of the community, but its an undeniable aspect of the community. With or without him that part will always exist. So wouldn't it be prudent to have a connection to it? Just like I have a connection to someone who knows the market? Someone who knows the record side of things? Someone who knows he different dynamics to racing? Someone who represents the common player? Someone who represents Turfing?

So yeah, think what you want about the people that were chosen. There is no way we could have chosen everyone. We chose contributors to... again... all aspects of the Rivals community. Good and bad.

Should we have another player council meeting, we will again choose those from the community that we feel represents all parts of our player base.

• Options
    And to answer to the title of this thread...

We don't promote modded APKs. In fact we work to stop them.

Ever wonder why they stopped working for a good while? Was it because they all of a sudden stopped making them? It was because through our continuing research and development we worked on ways to stop them, For a good while we did.

Even now, these APKs don't really do what they promise to do. Some aspects work, but we already know how to fix them and will be in our next update.

"Hacking" is not a one and done deal. Hackers don't stop. If they did we would stop hearing about them all the time. They will always continue to break what is out there, and we as software developers will continue to fight against them. We're always attempting to build a better mousetrap... and people will still try to prove that mousetrap wrong. Endless cycle.

• Options
    dwdtuning said:

GLU logic.

Takes a snake to find a snake.

Now if that snake is helping take out the other snakes. He's a good snake.

Their snake.

Understand now?

Pretty much

• Options
    dwdtuning said:

@c y r u s

Well sometimes you have to feed the snake to keep it from biting back. Easier to feed the snake, then bandage the wound

He doesn't get as much as people like to imagine. In fact the council members feel that the opportunity to come to Long Beach and not just meet us, but to discuss in depth their thoughts on the game is "payment" enough.

Sure we may throw them a bone here and there, a car or two, but its not like we pay them or give them a bunch of things to "like" us. They still tell me exactly what they think sucks and what the community is saying.

I don't want to perpetuate the notion that these guys are "paid" to defend us. They are free to bash us if they are so inclined... but these guys know how to rationally express their concerns without the "get out your pitchforks" mentality. Which, is always a good approach to take... especially if you want to be considered for a spot on the "Player Council".

• Options
    Usually if a company uses a hacker to help find other hacks/hackers. They make them stop hacking the program they're there to help protect... If not, he's just eliminating his competition and helping to find hacks he doesn't use. Just seems weird that you guys would use someone who's still hacking the game to find others who are doing the same thing...
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Usually if a company uses a hacker to help find other hacks/hackers. They make them stop hacking the program they're there to help protect... If not, he's just eliminating his competition and helping to find hacks he doesn't use. Just seems weird that you guys would use someone who's still hacking the game to find others who are doing the same thing...

That's an interesting perspective. Back when I went to school for Network Engineering, I actually had a professor that, according to what he said, was playing around one day and "cracked" and or "hacked" into something he shouldn't have. Shortly there-after, he received a call, and was told "You have a choice. You can come work for us as a consultant, or we can prosecute you." Faced with that, he went to work for them. He said their philosophy was that he was able to beat their security system....so who better to bring on as a consultant with the understanding that he would explain how he did it, so that they could built a more secure system?

I have a feeling that's along the lines of what Ryyst is saying.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    @Roush Sport yes I agree. But to continue to allow said person to hack the program he's been hired/asked to help fix just seems asinine... Like he's gonna help you find the hacks he's actually using to make money ie selling apk programs...
  • Options
    @Roush Sport lol you act like when y'all patch it the forced paint goes away...it doesn't.. so for $50 I could force paint as many cars as I wanted.. when y'all finally do get around to patching it. The cars will still be force painted.... Just like all the force painted and cloned cars in game now.....sigh
  • Options

@Roush Sport lol you act like when y'all patch it the forced paint goes away...it doesn't.. so for $50 I could force paint as many cars as I wanted.. when y'all finally do get around to patching it. The cars will still be force painted.... Just like all the force painted and cloned cars in game now.....sigh

Lol you keep referencing me like I work for Glu. I don't. You want to spend 50 real dollars to put colors on a car? Go for it. To each their own. You assume that the newest upcoming patch won't remove the force paint, or the cars altogether. I don't know what it's going to do either...all I know is that the apk itself will be addressed in the update.
  • Options
    @Roush Sport well as a mod, you rep Glu on this forum.. that why I say "y'all" (other than me being a redneck. Lol) they haven't removed force paint or cloned cars so far. So there's nothing to indicate they will now....
  • Options

@Roush Sport well as a mod, you rep Glu on this forum.. that why I say "y'all" (other than me being a redneck. Lol) they haven't removed force paint or cloned cars so far. So there's nothing to indicate they will now....

True - but same could have been said for every update prior to 6.0. Glu has never done a major graphics overhaul in any previous update, so why would they now......we all know what happened with that.
  • Options
    You do realize, we don't pay him. He's not on our payroll. He doesn't work for us. He helps us. That's it. Its like any shady "informant". We can't really stop any of that. Like how we can't stop the black market. Any of you that buys and sells cars are technically "breaking the law" but we don't go after you guys. It's a part of the community, and it's going to happen. We have accepted it. The most we do is say that it isn't supported so we won't help if some deal goes awry, but we also don't really take any actions to stop it. Hacking will always happen. It's what they do. We could just wait and let things happen and then try and try to figure out whats going on... or we can get help from someone in the know.

He just happens to volunteer info. He continues to answer questions when asked. Sometimes, instead of us going to him, we bring him here.

He isn't a programmer. So he isn't "hacking" our program. Hek, the guy making these APKs is hardly hacking our program. Endless boosts? No, that doesn't happen, and hasn't. We've looked, and we've studied the APKs. Is it able to put performance kits on a car that technically should but is locked? Sure. That is going to end soon. Can you apply paints on a car that shouldn't? Sometimes, under very specific circumstances. Are people turning in times that are "faster" than you think? Kinda, but not really. That should also be fixed soon.

As far as actually hacking the game? No. That's not what they do.

So you can complain that we know him. That's fair. But we don't employ him, so not sure what you want us to do... not talk to him? Not accept his help? He's done far more good than harm, and hasn't really asked for anything for it. Sometimes the council asks for some assistance, and I help when I can, but for the most part they will all tell you I tell them to go through the proper channels, which is normally our Customer Service dept.

Does he do shady things and is he involved with less than favorable members of the community? Sure. Best place to get info though. Like that dude that hangs out at the docks that knows everything in all those movies and TV shows.

His tie to Glu is strictly voluntary. We've twice asked him to join us here to talk about the things he knows about and is involved in, and that's about it. He doesn't make choices, he doesn't dictate our actions. He doesn't even need to provide us with info, he doesn't need to answer our questions, but he does. He simply provides info... and mostly info that only someone with his connections can answer.

• Options

The 6.0 graphic update technically addressed that as old APK painted cars were no longer force painted, but we've had to revert back to 5.3 shaders so they are back. We're currently mulling about what to do with these cars. So, anything can happen. If people want to pay money for cars that at any point can be reverted back to how they are supposed to be or for cars that will cause errors, that is all entirely up to the buyer.

Just know, there may or may not be some mass bannings in the near future.

• Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    Over the past 2 years the players council members have helped shape this game into what you all love to play. Perhaps more thank you's and less complaining about who went is needed.
  • Options
    @Ryyst I hear what you're saying.. it just seems funny to me y'all let the fox in the hen house turn in all the other foxes. But still allow "your" fox to steal some chickens. Besides I don't even know who the fox is.. lol i was just voicing my opinion on the apk situation..
  • Options
    @The_Rumor_Troll lol you come straight out left field.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    @The_Rumor_Troll Lol I have no idea who went.. and if they helped make the game better cudos to them. And they should be rewarded by Glu.. but to allow someone to continue to "hack" the game just because the helped find some other exploit, seems counter productive..
  • Options

@The_Rumor_Troll Lol I have no idea who went.. and if they helped make the game better cudos to them. And they should be rewarded by Glu.. but to allow someone to continue to "hack" the game just because the helped find some other exploit, seems counter productive..

FIrst, he doesn't make them. He isn't a programmer. But here is the flip side to having him. We are informed about the APKs and what the supposedly do, then we look into it Thats how we also figure out the holes that these things exploit. Again, he can provide a little more information to us that helps in that regard.

Its like... getting the Death Star plans first and then attacking it vs seeing the Death Star and then wondering "Well... thats a small moon with a big gun. So any ideas on how to destroy it?"

Also, lets now just agree to disagree on the help and importance of someone like him to Glu. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.