Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

is glu going to give us free gems?

kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
Was wondering. Everytime glu fuckks shitt up they always hand out free gems. Was wondering if any gems will be given for this MAJOR fuckk up. Glu always seems to fuckk up everytime a rare turf car comes out. Very disappointing

Comments

• Options
    GuardonGuardon Registered Users 4,244 Posts
    They are handing out a civic re ;)
    IGN:
    X CLASSIC X
    TUNER/TRADER
  • Options
    redstarbelgraderedstarbelgrade Registered Users 22 Posts
    stuff the gems anymore, for real. what we need is to get shit sorted properly for a change and enjoy rr on a consistent basis without issues and complications poppin through so often. while im here patiently waiting for one thing to be fixed another prob arrives and for me they seem to be all rackin over the top of one another leaving existing issues half way there like wtf is goin on im spun in confusion diggin around suddenly feeling like the biggest noob :/

still hopeful tho.. lol
    ".. you cant kill me, i was born dead"
  • Options
    HOTSLAMMED2061HOTSLAMMED2061 Registered Users 22 Posts
    LOL the fix? The band aid they place over, but that band aid is reusable so they fix one thing but used the band aid to fix the dual conversion! So guess what dual conversion is back. It's like glu updates but the band aid falls off and people figure out how to cheat.

• Options
    dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    At first they release 6.0 when all the paint/wheels/lag/stutter/performance issues, and to say sorry they give us some 4 Honda crates that don't complete anything and require you to use gems to maybe get something (I sold my blueprints by the way, they were useless since I didn't have money available at the time) and gave us a slow, underperforming car to say sorry. Now, cheaters run the streets, another update where they're supposed to finally fix the paint problems, and are also likely going to break a bunch more stuff or force-nag us in our garage or selection screens, and possibly not even patching the cheaters... maybe this time they'll actually shell out some gems if they can even get the game working right. Merry Christmas I guess.