Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Next Update - Racing Rivals 6.1

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
As we move into the Holiday season we have another update coming soon. Racing Rivals 6.1 will bring some new features to the game!

• Personal Mechanic – Does your car need an upgrade? Not sure where to start or what part will give you the boost you need? Alex will help you with her suggestions on what upgrade will give you that needed edge!
• Quick Match – Just want to get right to racing without the hustle, bustle and fuss of the lobbies and betting? Head to the map and choose Quick Match to get right to racing with similarly skilled racers and cars!
• Test Drive – Not sure about that car in the showroom? Go ahead and take an upgraded car for a spin to see what it’s capable of. If you like what you see, buy it! Want to try out those new parts you just installed without having to bother with finding a bot racer, teammate or random player? Go ahead and test drive your new build from the garage!

The update will also contain more fixes.

• The majority of wheel & paint issues
• Additional performance improvements

Coming soon!
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• custom_s1ick_203custom_s1ick_203 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Is this gonna also help with the hackers running faster times than there supposed to
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    VGU said test track. You don't mention it. :(
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

VGU said test track. You don't mention it. :(

Its called Test Drive

• custom blur 227custom blur 227 Registered Users 126 Posts
    What about the hackers will they be gone?
  • FRIDGIEFRIDGIE Registered Users 7 Posts
    Ok since I havnt commented to the other 2 about the hackers I take that as a "NO" so this turf we will have to deal with them again lose extra cars because of them which also cost us more money to build as we lose more cars than we want..
  • The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    The "hackers" issue is being addressed as fast as it can be by Glu.

What about the hackers will they be gone?

If you are referring to the reports of players getting times that seem unusually high given the history of those cars and the public observation of unofficial times, we are looking into it. We can't get into specifics as it is an ongoing investigation.

• RacingRIvalsAddictRacingRIvalsAddict Registered Users 1 Posts
    edited December 2016
    Hello Mr.Ryyst, I was an IT person, I am also a RR player for a long time, I want to help your team. I've discovered how they could make their car faster than normal, the people called "APK JET", I discovered what they do on yours APK, and I also have tried it and it is successful, the car will go faster and not exposed disqualification. I know who they are using Jet APK because I spy on them, I want to give you information about everything I know about this hack to you and your team.

allow me know your personal contact or any member of your team (email or anything that makes i reach you fast). I did not ask for in return, I want to contribute to make RR for the better and hacker free. In the future, I also will observe hacker activity and I can report back to you.

please trust me, at least just for this time. because this is very dangerous for us legit player ..
    Thanks, i hope you see my post fast and reply..
  • juniorcalopr1787juniorcalopr1787 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Racing rivals since their new updates will never be again the same that one smooth original racing game with no lag problems since the updates my game does not stop lag and lag and lag and lag this sucks ass Great job Glu
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Racing rivals since their new updates will never be again the same that one smooth original racing game with no lag problems since the updates my game does not stop lag and lag and lag and lag this sucks **** Great job Glu

Maybe ask Santa for a newer device for Christmas? ;)
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited December 2016
    Really you are blaming it on people's devices? RR ran fine before 6.0. Other better looking games like cough cough CSR2 runs fine on older Android devices.

Do you think everyone needs to run and buy new devices or Glu should fix the mess they created by being stubborn and not listening to players other than the Video game underground which is selling illegal APKs, but he is part of the players council.

Really you are blaiming it on people's devices? RR ran fine before 6.0. Other better looking games like cough cough CSR2 run fines on older Android devices.

Do you think everyone needs to run and buy new devices or Glu should fix the mess they created by being stubborn and not listening to players other than the Video game underground which is selling illegal APKs, but he is part of the players council.

Did you not see the wink at the end of the post? Loosen up man - it was a joke. You also might want to watch the accusatory remarks unless you have 100% verifiable proof of your claims (VGU selling APKs, for example).
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    This days there is no room for jokes around here. People loosing their cars to scammers with illegal APKs, and one of the players council selling them, yes I have proof, he even admitted it in one of the threads here.
    edited December 2016
    Care to link me to that thread? I recall the thread where you accused exxplosion of selling apks - to which he did not make any admittance. He simply ignored you. Apk users or not, the old adage is still true - don't risk it if you aren't willing to lose it. There's ALWAYS a chance that your opponent will have an advantage over you. Don't get me wrong - I don't support cheating, apk users, etc...but then again, if I'm not willing to lose the car, I don't take the risk - which means that the only thing the apk user gets from me in the end....is winning the race.

Hello Mr.Ryyst, I was an IT person, I am also a RR player for a long time, I want to help your team. I've discovered how they could make their car faster than normal, the people called "APK JET", I discovered what they do on yours APK, and I also have tried it and it is successful, the car will go faster and not exposed disqualification. I know who they are using Jet APK because I spy on them, I want to give you information about everything I know about this hack to you and your team.

allow me know your personal contact or any member of your team (email or anything that makes i reach you fast). I did not ask for in return, I want to contribute to make RR for the better and hacker free. In the future, I also will observe hacker activity and I can report back to you.

please trust me, at least just for this time. because this is very dangerous for us legit player ..
    Thanks, i hope you see my post fast and reply..

Appreciated. We know about these modded APKs and we are investigating.

• PsalmC34V22PsalmC34V22 Registered Users 40 Posts
    I understand it's impractical to give a date, but can we get an anticipated submission date for this update?
    edited December 2016
    We're going to try for this week

@[rr] ryyst my main problem.

Are my devices going to run flawlessly and without lag? Pre 6.0 all my devices no matter how old and outdated ran perfectly. Now they can bearly load the app. Racing is absolute.
    Will there be performance tweek or we just getting the same crap with a load of extra crap we don't need. I want to race. I invest in your company to race. Forget everything else y'all are working on and please make the game playable.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

dwdtuning said:

@[rr] ryyst my main problem.

Are my devices going to run flawlessly and without lag? Pre 6.0 all my devices no matter how old and outdated ran perfectly. Now they can bearly load the app. Racing is absolute.

Will there be performance tweek or we just getting the same crap with a load of extra crap we don't need. I want to race. I invest in your company to race. Forget everything else y'all are working on and please make the game playable.

We've made performance improvements. Whether or not that will mean your device(s) will run flawlessly, we can't promise. Don't know your device, or your specific situation. My iPhone can run the game flawlessly, yet someone with the same exact phone could have problems, really depends on specifics. What I do know is that we've tried our best top make sure in general, most devices will be able to run the game.

edited December 2016
    That's all we ask for boss man. Y'all are trying. Keep up good work

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Oh my god you have got to be kidding me... So the people have spoken in a clear and resounding voice that this update is terrible. Glu hasn't listened and continues to push its new product onto the consumer. I'm sure there are a few out there that enjoy the update but they are the minority.

What kind of company basically says "this is the direction we feel the game should go and don't really care if you like it or not"? I can't understand why this version is still being pushed onto us. I blame those who still buy gems and support the game. If everyone just stopped buying, made it clear that they are fed up with this junk, Glu would either have to change it or lose the game. The consumer has a ton of power against companies who forget that the consumer controls their product.

I'm glad 6.1 is almost here but all I've read is the new features that will be introduced.. Yay!!! It's so awesome that new content is being added yet the major issues haven't been fixed yet. So glad the priority is to add more and more yet not fixing the playability. Test drive woohoo!!! An in garage mechanic? OMG how can this be? As for the hacks that are out of control, we are still investigating... people have given Glu all the answers they need yet they still need more time to investigate? Murders are solved in a fraction of the time it takes Glu to solve this.

Go online and look up 6.0.2 apk's and you will find a bunch of them with instructions on how they did it, how it works and how to install. How much more info do you need to block it? These have been going on since 6.0 came out, how much longer will it take? So many problems with this game now but it's ok cause we have new content, crates and tokens. Pay no mind to the fact that the game is choppy, sluggish and hacked out of control... Please don't focus on the many issues with playability, instead focus on the shiny new paint job they have slapped on the broken down junker that sits in the front yard. This seems to be the mindset around the Glu offices
    ^ dang double post. He ment that lol

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Lol double posted off of one tap lol
    C y r u s said:

Oh my god you have got to be kidding me... So the people have spoken in a clear and resounding voice that this update is terrible. Glu hasn't listened and continues to push its new product onto the consumer. I'm sure there are a few out there that enjoy the update but they are the minority.

What kind of company basically says "this is the direction we feel the game should go and don't really care if you like it or not"? I can't understand why this version is still being pushed onto us. I blame those who still buy gems and support the game. If everyone just stopped buying, made it clear that they are fed up with this junk, Glu would either have to change it or lose the game. The consumer has a ton of power against companies who forget that the consumer controls their product.

I'm glad 6.1 is almost here but all I've read is the new features that will be introduced.. Yay!!! It's so awesome that new content is being added yet the major issues haven't been fixed yet. So glad the priority is to add more and more yet not fixing the playability. Test drive woohoo!!! An in garage mechanic? OMG how can this be? As for the hacks that are out of control, we are still investigating... people have given Glu all the answers they need yet they still need more time to investigate? Murders are solved in a fraction of the time it takes Glu to solve this.

Go online and look up 6.0.2 apk's and you will find a bunch of them with instructions on how they did it, how it works and how to install. How much more info do you need to block it? These have been going on since 6.0 came out, how much longer will it take? So many problems with this game now but it's ok cause we have new content, crates and tokens. Pay no mind to the fact that the game is choppy, sluggish and hacked out of control... Please don't focus on the many issues with playability, instead focus on the shiny new paint job they have slapped on the broken down junker that sits in the front yard. This seems to be the mindset around the Glu offices

We're sorry you feel this way. However, we are listening.

1. 6.0 - We know. A lot of people didn't like the update. This is why we reverted back to 5.3 graphics. While no, we didn't just roll everything back, we are doing what we can to fix the issues. We have a team on it. Meanwhile we have other teams that are working on moving the game ahead. Instead of working on a new version of Rivals, where we would need everyone to start over, we decided to keep Rivals going, so that is what the other teams are doing. Working on new features, some of which have been asked for since day one, like the test drive/track.

2. We never said we don't care. This version is the version that is out there. We realized that having higher fidelity graphics was ruining the experience for a bunch of people so we reverted back. We're also revisiting some of the other feedback we've gathered about some of the UI graphics, which IS being worked on. It's not just a simple thing. All our teams have been working hard either on moving the game forward or on addressing the issues and feedback that has been provided. Unfortunately we do not have a "fix everything" button. These things take time and while that is being worked on, we do have to keep going on other aspects.

3. Priorities are not that simple. We have multiple teams working on different things with their own priorities. The team dedicated to fixing specif things do have priorities. One of which is a better "cheat" detection system. Yes, we too have the modded APK files, and just because we have it doesn't mean we can just stick a band-aid on it. We need to treat the disease, not the symptom. Which again, does take time because as we've learned before, a "simple" fix can have epic repercussions so we need to make sure things work. I'm going to assume that you would agree it is better for us to be safe than sorry.

Bottom line is that we've been to hell and back before. We've dealt with cheaters before. We've fixed things before. We're going to keep doing what we do. We're going to keep dealing with cheaters, we're gonna keep fixing things, and we're going to continue to take risks and bring new features to the game, we're going to continue to tweak aspects of the game, we're going to keep the game evolving with time, it's the only real way to ensure that this game has legs. Will we be correct all the time? No. After wall we're all human like you. We all make mistakes. Then we pick ourselves up and we learn and we grow. What we will try not to do is go backwards. We still feel this is the right direction for the game. There are issues now, but as we've done in the past we'll work through them. Contrary to myth, we all don't just sit here smoking $100 bill cigars swimming in a vault of money. We actually work, and we work hard every day, our teams work long hours, some of the couches here become beds during late night hours. We are dedicated. What we are not though.. we aren't infallible, we will make mistakes. We aren't a huge company with infinite resources, we make do with what we have, we aren't content, we will keep working on this game, and we don't give up, even in the face of backlash and a barrage of ill wishes, threats, and general ire, we will keep on going.

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited December 2016
    @[RR] Ryyst ok, let me ask one question. How can cheat detection be a top priority when people still can't play the game at all??? I would think that getting everyone playing smoothly again would be no 1 priority. Just asking as I haven't been able to race on my phone since 6.0 came out. And yes I have a new phone. That should run this game with no prob.. it runs crs2 (a much higher res game then RR) with absolutely no problems..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi

@Ryyst ok, let me ask one question. How can cheat detection be a top priority when people still can't play the game at all??? I would think that getting everyone playing smoothly again would be no 1 priority. Just asking as I haven't been able to race on my phone since 6.0 came out. And yes I have a new phone. That should run this game with no prob.. it runs crs2 (a much higher res game then RR) with absolutely no problems..

This is why I say priorities a tricky thing. Multiple teams, multiple priorities. For one team, cheat detection is a priority. For another its optimizations.

Also remember that some of these fixes need an update. We can't just update the game at will. That is controlled by Apple/Google. So we create updates which contain multiple fixes and features. So as the update says, outside of the new features, we also have a bunch of wheel and paint fixes and performance improvements.

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @Ryyst I know y'all workin hard.. just get frustrating not being able to race for like 3-4 wks now....
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • mandIngomandIngo Registered Users 1 Posts

As we move into the Holiday season we have another update coming soon. Racing Rivals 6.1 will bring some new features to the game!

• Personal Mechanic – Does your car need an upgrade? Not sure where to start or what part will give you the boost you need? Alex will help you with her suggestions on what upgrade will give you that needed edge!
    • Quick Match – Just want to get right to racing without the hustle, bustle and fuss of the lobbies and betting? Head to the map and choose Quick Match to get right to racing with similarly skilled racers and cars!
    • Test Drive – Not sure about that car in the showroom? Go ahead and take an upgraded car for a spin to see what it’s capable of. If you like what you see, buy it! Want to try out those new parts you just installed without having to bother with finding a bot racer, teammate or random player? Go ahead and test drive your new build from the garage!

The update will also contain more fixes.

• The majority of wheel & paint issues
    • Additional performance improvements

Coming soon!