Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Speed Hack Update

DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
edited December 2016 in Talk About Racing Rivals
Updated with some clarifications:

Hello fellow racers!

A few days ago we quietly pushed out a fix to deal with the speed hack cheating around pink slip races and people losing their cars due to this. After careful monitoring over the last few days, we are no longer seeing any invalid races. It’s entirely possible there will still be some edge cases and other parameters that could cause this that we’re not aware of – we’re still on the hunt.

I realize we’re normally pretty quiet about our cheat fixing efforts other than “we’re looking into it” but due to the large volume of people messaging us about it, we though a more official announcement would be appropriate in this case.

We are always looking to create the safest & cheat free environment for our players and greatly appreciate all of you who continue to go above and beyond to help us track down these issues.

If you feel like you are still seeing this issue, please contact customer service so we can investigate on a case by case basis.

Happy Holidays to all of you!
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @ryyst did this address the speed hack?? It didn't make an invalid race.. just cars going way faster than they normally can...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options

@ryyst did this address the speed hack?? It didn't make an invalid race.. just cars going way faster than they normally can...

This is indeed the fix for the speed hack. Let me update my post to be a bit more clear on that.
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @ryyst cool good job.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

@ryyst cool good job.

Its not me. It's the hard work, late nights, and dedication by the Glu staff, like DownShift and his peeps. They will continue to fight on.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    birdbrains2518birdbrains2518 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 172 Posts
    @Ryyst can you now tell us why players on the council are selling hacked apk force painted cars for extortion amounts of money
  • Options
    dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    It seems that since the live hotfix update, my launch Reaction time is in approximately 0.04s increments rather than an accurate reflection of my true RT-I'm either right on the money, or so late that the entire race may as well be over.

I hope the 6.1 update you are bringing will make the game better again.
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited December 2016
    And with this fix we see new hacks that block shifting. It's either that or an enormous bug because it's happened numerous times lately. Seems everyone I talk to in game has run into this as well but only seems to happen during pinks races. What happens is, you'll launch and maybe shift to 2nd or 3rd and then won't be able to shift any higher than that. You can tap the shift button a hundred times, doesn't matter, it won't shift. The person your racing against, however, will fly passed you and you will lose your car by a ridiculous time. One fix seems to bring on 3 new problems.
  • Options
    MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
    C y r u s said:

And with this fix we see new hacks that block shifting. It's either that or an enormous bug because it's happened numerous times lately. Seems everyone I talk to in game has run into this as well but only seems to happen during pinks races. What happens is, you'll launch and maybe shift to 2nd or 3rd and then won't be able to shift any higher than that. You can tap the shift button a hundred times, doesn't matter, it won't shift. The person your racing against, however, will fly passed you and you will lose your car by a ridiculous time. One fix seems to bring on 3 new problems.

Not only in pinks races but in free or RRC races too, it's either first gear gets stuck or the third for me which makes me loose or any other racer
  • Options
    MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
    By the way i have raced yesterday in Turf Wars and this one player raised me to some amount of RRC and i accepted the challenge, after race,which he lost by very close range with his car, by the way it was too close for that car, the race was invalid and tie. So this speed hack is still out there
  • Options
    FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    @C y r u s id like a video showing this
    very hard to believe imo
  • Options
    Submit a ticket and we can investigate and tell you of it was a valid race.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @[RR] Downshift
    any word on when the update might be released?
    like a time frame
  • Options
    As always, we're at the mercy of Apple and Google
  • Options
    @[RR] Downshift
    well i hope they hurry up cause i wanna test that new test track
  • Options
    BROCK1507BROCK1507 Registered Users 1 Posts

By the way i have raced yesterday in Turf Wars and this one player raised me to some amount of RRC and i accepted the challenge, after race,which he lost by very close range with his car, by the way it was too close for that car, the race was invalid and tie. So this speed hack is still out there

yes it is still out there yesterday i lost my m3re in 56 lobby to a z28 wrapped ran a 8.9 with a 0.88 rt that time would possible in a unwrapped z28 with cf parts
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @FuraiPinker This may be dumb to ask but do you pink Furai's?
  • Options
    @BlitzChaos haha not really, just one of my favorite cars before this forum lol
  • Options
    @BlitzChaos it's a ***** to launch and the shifts are awful
    but i still love driving it haha
  • Options
    For those of you in here saying this is still happening, the best thing you can do to help is to submit a CS ticket with as much info as you can so we can dig up the data and look at the race you're commenting about. As I said in my post, there still may be ways around what we did, you just never know.
  • Options
    @FuraiPinker Yeah, the only thing I hate is it's launch.
  • Options
    regan21regan21 Registered Users 7 Posts

@Ryyst can you now tell us why players on the council are selling hacked apk force painted cars for extortion amounts of money

youve noticed that to
  • Options
    Honestly, I've wondered that for months and is still confused on that part
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    edited December 2016

And a Tie race is doing exactly what its supposed to be doing, catching things like that. No one wins, no one loses. It's as if the race never happened.

So, yes, the "hack" is out there, but it is ineffective.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Just raced this guy today on Christmas. Speed hack alive and well. Oh, and submitted a ticket just so Emily can tell me whatever she wants - probably that I would have lost anyways like before...
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    And it's back, 1666 rated car running 7.9

photo 8C739FFC-33D6-44DE-9E1D-A4A9CD167EC7_zpslivh07hf.png
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Its glitched, especially the high-end Acura,.. I just changed tire to stock, from max,.. and the rating dropped from 68 to 66 on both a metallic glu edition, and a LE...
  • Options
    CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Meant to include, Im still running 7.8x...
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    mikewyszmikewysz Registered Users 541 Posts
    https://imgur.com/gallery/HhKBl I don't think this is right.....
  • Options
    Neither of those are speed hacks. The charger is lobby glitched for tournament and multiplayer, you can thank GLU for that. The nsx re is just fast. Complain about the smoothness of the entire game and ask for that back - or ask for better customer service policy..