Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Same Issues... This Really Sucks.

PsalmC34V22PsalmC34V22 Registered Users 40 Posts
Same issues. Game runs great for 10mins then fps drops. Can run about 4 or 5 races with smooth flawless gameplay. Then all of a sudden it gets choppy. If I hit the home button on my device, then re-select racing rivals... The fps goes back to smooth but only for a short moment. This game has truely gotten the best of me.

I mean... I literally went out of the way to purchase a new device JUST for this game... And still can't play. Seriously... Look at my logins. I used to be online all the time and play daily. This login today was my first log in in weeks. If this is how you're going to do your customers then so be it, I'm not your boss. Just really sad. But hey, I'm just one of thousands that play this game. Yall can afford to lose me, so you will.

I suppose all I've gained from buying this tablet is the fact that I can just make it a Christmas gift for my son.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. I'll never invest my time in a game like this again. It's my own fault for trading so much of my time and money for the enjoyment I received from this game. Maybe this is for the best. I just feel personally s*** on by the devs.

I don't expect any optomizations or fixes. If there were going to be then it'd be done by now. I'll post my device once again just to amuse you. I apologize for my ranting. Yall win though. Yall win.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Comments

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Just wanted to ask - bear in mind I don't know much about current droid phones / tablets - but do you have a lot of stuff running when you try to play the game? I know on Android it's possible to have apps running in the background and eating up resources. I'm wondering if you have an app or apps that are chewing up your resources running in the background unknowlingly. I know on my pc, there's a website that I use for work that is flash based. The more I use the website, the more flash hogs up resources. The only way i can get it to release the resources it takes up is to log out and then close that website.
  • PsalmC34V22PsalmC34V22 Registered Users 40 Posts
    There's several apps running in the background but only apps that have to run. I go into smart manager and close all apps before launching racing rivals, but most of them open back up in a matter of a minute. Just background processes that the OS requires are running. I have no third party apps running. I'm out of ideas. Mentally burned out as well. I'm used to not playing now so it's w/e.
    Hmm. Sorry bud, wish I was able to help you more and get you back up and running 100%.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @PsalmC34V22 Yeah, it could be a RAM management issue involving Samsungs extremely bloated and heavy software asolutions your phones chipset is more than sufficient to run the game. Same happens with my Galaxy Note5, despite it having having 4 GB of RAM, I still can run into problems at times even if no apps are open in the background.
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited December 2016
    I run RR on a Galaxy S4 and 10-15 min later the FP drops and phone gets very hot.

Same phone I run CSR2 for 2 hours, no issues with performance or no heating up the phone.

Same phone, and only these 2 games installed on the phone to do a comparison. One game runs fine the other runs like garbage after 15 min of playing

RR 5.3 used to run fine for hours, but not 6.0 or 6.1
    I have to wonder....I know when 6.0 launched, I couldn't load the shipyard anymore. Granted, I'm on an IPhone, but the reason had to do with the way the graphics engine works in 6.0, and how it interacts with Unity (which is what apple uses). I had to update my phone from IOS 9.3.1 to IOS 10. Once I did that, the game ran flawlessly.

With that in mind, I have to wonder if the same is true on Android devices in the sense that 5.3 ran on a different engine / coding / platform compared to 6.0, and that the change in that engine / coding / platform is causing the issues that you guys are seeing now.

Being that I had to update - forgive me if this is a stupid question, but are you guys running on the most current version of Android (I believe they refer to it's latest iteration as Marshmallow??) on your devices? (Back when I had a moto X running android, it was called Gingerbread)

Completely agree with you SpeedTrapp. My tablet is experiencing the same thing as your phone. Runs great but after a few races or 10mins it gets warm and fps just completely craps.

Either way, as stated before, I've grown used to not being able to play. Eventually I won't even care anymore. I've already picked poker back up. I'll be honest and say that I will always miss this game. But I miss what it "was". Not what it "is".
    Yes Roush Sport, I have the latest firmware installed.
    @PsalmC34V22 Rats. I'm hoping to help and possibly uncover an "ah ha!" moment that resolves your issue. If only I could get my hands on the same device you have so I could tinker with it. I have an android emulator on my PC, but trying to compare what that does to what your device does isn't even relevant. I'm truly sorry I'm not able to be of more assistance.
    Am I correct in presuming you've googled your issue @PsalmC34V22 and tried troubleshooting the device? Similar to what this says (below):

Many Galaxy Tab 2 owners emailed us complaining about their tablet’s performance. Majority of the emails were asking how to speed up their device once again, so I think it would be helpful to publish a short article on how to fix or remedy a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 that’s running very slow.
    1.Reboot your tablet. This is, by far, the most basic troubleshooting step you can do; the device will try to run necessary services during boot up. Do not overlook the importance of this step.
    2.Close apps running in the background. After months of use, you must have acquired a lot of apps on your tablet. You should know that switching between apps does not close the ones you previously used. Instead, they continue running in the background eating up RAM. The more apps running the background, the slower your tablet becomes so you need to close those. Hold the home button so that Recent Apps screen shows up, swipe each app to left or right to close them.
    3.Check memory usage. You need to do this to make sure your device still has available memory to accommodate apps. As mentioned in step 2, there could be a lot of apps or services that are running in the background. If there’s not enough memory left, other apps couldn’t launch while some would eventually force close and would create conflicts to other processes. Clearing up the tablet’s memory is one of the recommended procedures to speed up an Android device. Bring up the Recent Apps screen and tap Task Manager. Look for the RAM tab, and tap Clear Memory.
    4.Uninstall problematic applications. After months of use, you could surely notice that some apps just take time to load especially bigger ones like games. Apps like that need to be maintained by clearing their caches and data from time to time. Moreover, unused apps should be uninstalled to free up some space and correct conflicts if there are any. Just go to Settings, then Application Manager and look for apps you want uninstalled.
    5.Easy on the widgets. If your home screen is full of these little apps, you could experience some lag whenever you press the Home button. While they are light, widgets still eat up memory and if there is a bunch of them running simultaneously, your device’s performance will surely be affected. Therefore, minimize on them. Just use the ones that are important like a calendar, clock or weather widgets.
    @Roush Sport the latest iteration is 7.0 Nougat but only like 2% of all Android Devices actually have it. But as for me I have the latest version of Android Samsung has released as of lately.
    Thanks for the advice Roush. I've done all of those things. I've even factory reset the tablet. It literally runs the game flawlessly, but only for 10mins or so. Then it gets warm and the fps drops to an unplayable rate.

I've debated attempting to root the tablet to take advantage of the devices power so it's not limited and gimped by all of the unnecessary background processes. But I'm too concerned with bricking it due to my inexperience. And I still can't justify having to do anything to this device to play this game. It should be FAR more than capable.
    edited December 2016
    Not a problem at all - I'd really like to help / resolve your problem. I have to wonder if it's the game itself that is eating up your resources, so much so that after 10 minutes, it's slowing your device down. Only way to check that though would be to run the game, and then once it slows down, check the memory usage and see what app is hogging all of the resources. If it turns out that it's racing rivals, then atleast you'll have nailed down where the problem lies. Now, once you do that - how to go about fixing it......I'm at a loss for suggestions.
    Just watched the processes running when the game started to lag. Racing Rivals is using 320gb of RAM, and the closest behind is Facebook using 40mb RAM, then the rest following those are 9mb or less. What's weird is it says CPU usage at 0.00% next to each process/background app, only shows RAM usage. But maybe that's normal I don't know. When Racing Rivals is running, my RAM usage is at like 54%. My RAM usage at idle without any background apps is at like 27-32%. Which still seems high to me but I hear these Android devices run that way.

I don't know what else to do. All I know is that I can play any high graphic game at max settings with this tablet with no fps or performance issues. Racing Rivals however is unplayable. Unfortunately, that's the only game I want to play. Fml
    @PsalmC34V22 Yeah, if you have over a gig of RAM available, then really it is just optimization issues that need to be fixed as most other Android devices still have the same problem
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited December 2016
    There must be a memory leak or something causing the android devices to choke when RR is left running for more than 15 min

The devs should be able to debug it, but they don't even play the game before they release updates, otherwise all these issues like the Launch button would get caught before the update gets released.

BTW someone at GLU must get fired, 3 updates 6.01, 6.0.2, and 6.1 and things are getting worse by the update, what a gong show
    @SpeedTrapp @Ryyst @DownShift Yeah this game has been much improved but almost 2 months later and we still just aren't there yet. Like honestly after 3 years I'm beginning to reconsider playing this game.