Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Dead launch

dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
You know there is nothing better than loosing a car because you hit launch, yet you go no where. Shows a rt of .000, your nos is ticking away. Your synch is greyed out, and you sit there on the starting line awaiting your pinks to be taken.

Why is this happening. It happened 3x in a row in my zr1.

So I guess it's come to this. The hackers are rampant. I refuse to pinks away my garage. I don't mind losing. It's the ebb and flow. As long as the reason I'm losing is I was flat out beat, or I made a mistake.

I stood by the update fiasco and said give them time.

I guess it's good news though as I refuse to pinks anything over a c class now. Going to lean on d class.

Ypu said you were going to ban the cheating accounts. Yet they are clearly cheating and you say collective records isn't the max times? You admit to knowing people ate cheating, but when ate you going to stop it, when we all lose everything we have.

I run in the top 10 every week, we'll, not any more. I'm going to sit around tune some cars and trade them for that weeks turf car. I'm tired of investing my time and being cheated, then having it ignored or told it's not happening.

Here's an idea, how about someone from glu go get an account from the site I refuse to mention as it will only give someone in the forums ideas. Then again maybe it won't because Noone comes here. Because it's a waste of our time. I'm fact I should have written this on a piece of paper and burned it.

Hey bit you guys are doing a great job at releasing more crates every few weeks.

I'm not saying this to be anice asshole, but I just don't get you guys at glu. You read these forums every few days I've seen it said by one of you. You can't take 15 min a day and glance at them? You do realize I know that the player base has taken a hit. I know because I can go to 4 showdown races and finish above 3500 rank.

You know what, I've totally lost all faith. This is a game and community that has meant a lot to me. It still does. But if you at glu stand by as the player base are blatantly cheated. And only make idle threats about bans that aren't being enforced, I don't get it.

I've seen some people get stuff cars cheated from them back, and others told there was no proof. So it's the same thing over and over and over with you guys.

You act like it's not happening, the players get burnt, you snub it until your sticks drop, a half as fix is implemented and then you return to say, oh now we see it.

Screw it i won't post bout it again. In fact don't even reply because I'll never know.

You guts have broken me by your cash grabs, denials, and apathy to your loyal customers plight. I expect nothing from you at this point.

I'll put my faith in the people in the community that care. I'll stand by those that are honest even when it's hard. Thise that sacrifice their time, for free, to make it a better community.

I'm done here. D class pinks anyone?

Comments

• Options
    FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    is there any video proof
    im curious how this happens
    and how they do it
  • Options
    kellyphastkellyphast Registered Users 24 Posts
    edited December 2016
    Apk is how its happening. Of course some people will get banned when Glu gets around to it. They'll just set up new accounts and keep using an apk. Pink loses won't be returned. Someone will say "updates are coming but we can't give specifics. We don't want the hackers to know how we're safe guarding the game". Apologies will be made and maybe some crates will be thrown to the masses in an attempt to silence the mob.

It's happened before. It's happening now. It will happen again.
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @kellyphast I thought GLU was banning the ip in which the apk's and such were coming from so they could never yuse that device to play Rivals ever again. So really what they would do is go onto another device, and get banned from that too
  • Options
    Proof of banning? It's not that I don't believe you, but I don't know if IP bans would help. Imagine being on a shared wifi in an apartment or restaurant/coffee shop. Banning one IP could impact honest players. I don't think Glu would do that.

I know that Glu works to resolve the issues with cheaters in the best way they can. I do believe it can be improved with some transparency.

During this last apk wildfire I have seen many racers submit screenshots of cars that ran impossible times in a pink match be told the opponent ran legit times. Their request for replacement due to a cheater is denied. It's as if Glu sides with the hackers.

Stellas don't run 6.7s. Never have and never will.

Maybe glu can look into establishing a legitimate, Glu approved, world record page that their support team can utilize for issue resolution. Having a company backed listing of appropriate times that are visible to all would be nice.

Or they can use the RRCR page that is already used by the community and very trusted. Glu already invited Prodigal Grim to their headquarters so I'm sure they trust him. Why not have their staff use this existing resource?
  • Options
    PsalmC34V22PsalmC34V22 Registered Users 40 Posts
    I can understand the frustration here... But at least you can play.

Ffs... I haven't been able to play since 6.0 dropped. I even went out and purchased a good tablet (Galaxy Tab S2) just to be able to play this game post 6.0

It blows my mind that the game has been rendered literally UNPLAYABLE by such a vast amount of the player base... But nothing is done to fix it. I can understand that losing cars to cheaters sucks... But imagine getting such terrible fps that you can't even play. I'd be thrilled just to race people with a 5 rating handicap if I could have playable fps.

If this next update doesn't make the game playable I'm seriously just deleting it. I would do what everyone else does and say "I'm just going to quit and give all my cars away". My FPS is SO BAD that it would be more stressful to try and navigate through the game to give my stuff away than the contrary of just deleting the app.

Seriously how the hell can a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 NOT BE CAPABLE OF RUNNING THIS GAME!!!!!?!?!????? Ffs... Now I'm just ranting and pissed off all over again. I hate this game now. Why am I even posting. It all falls on deaf ears
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Proof of banning? It's not that I don't believe you, but I don't know if IP bans would help. Imagine being on a shared wifi in an apartment or restaurant/coffee shop. Banning one IP could impact honest players. I don't think Glu would do that.

I know that Glu works to resolve the issues with cheaters in the best way they can. I do believe it can be improved with some transparency.

During this last apk wildfire I have seen many racers submit screenshots of cars that ran impossible times in a pink match be told the opponent ran legit times. Their request for replacement due to a cheater is denied. It's as if Glu sides with the hackers.

Stellas don't run 6.7s. Never have and never will.

Maybe glu can look into establishing a legitimate, Glu approved, world record page that their support team can utilize for issue resolution. Having a company backed listing of appropriate times that are visible to all would be nice.

Or they can use the RRCR page that is already used by the community and very trusted. Glu already invited Prodigal Grim to their headquarters so I'm sure they trust him. Why not have their staff use this existing resource?

The Unofficial records pages get their info from races. We get ours from our internal tools. We know what a car is capable of
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We wouldn't ban an IP. The clever "hackers" change IPs all the time. So basically we'd end up punishing innocent players who share wi-fi. We've run into that issue on these forums in fact. We've had to ban a whole school due to issues from a few posters.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Idk it is not that hard to ban the hackers at all. Most other games link automatically to your itunes or google play account. I know when I played Blood Brothers 2 it was inpossible to ever have more than one account on a devices. Lots of other games do that infact most games on the offer wall are like that as I download them and it autolinks to my google. I have no clue why racing rivals doesnt do that and if you did ut makes banning hackers very easy.

Infact of playing BB2 for 2 years on a high level being a big contributor on the forums and in line chats with the community repsfor the life of the game I only ever heard of 1 person hacking that game in 2 years and he was banned with in 20mins of doing it. So I am baffled at how this game can have so many hackers and cheats.
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Unfortunately the prominence of hackers and cheats ties back to the popularity of the game itself. If there weren't an economic benefit to be derived from selling cars and mills, there would be a lot fewer people coming up with ways to steal mills and cars. Unfortunately, many players want a veteran garage before they've legitimately won their first turf car and are willing to pay money for that pleasure.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @[RR]Ryyst
    So you are telling me that resources that are available for the staff at Glu indicate that Stellas can run 6.7s?
  • Options
    dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Ok I lied I came back because I'm still a junkie and I lost 4 zr1 all to dead launch. Tap the button hager was the magical fix??? This is ridiculous cause guess what, it isn't fixed.

I don't believe you know what the issue even is. I have a ton of photos of me sitting at the starting line nos empty, launch button greyed out. I've never asked for a car back. I just want it fixed.

I used to shit talk all the self crushing teams but you know what, they control the damage. I have to sit there and watch my 600 gem cars go up in smoke because why? I've heard so many excuses aboit it. Won't run top 25 anymore not worth putting up 35k when cheaters are rampant.

Now I'm competing with myself not to screw up, a bunch of cheaters from the unnamed site, and now broken game mechanics? It's pointless as I said. You can say how you care about your player base, you guys have shown me other wise.

But on a side note I've saved a ton of money, I refuse to fund this game that allows me to be cheated in so many areas. That's a plus
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @dahater75 they know excatly what the dead launch is and it has been posted up several times. The downshift and launch button have an over lap. Hit higher up on the launch button and boom no more dead launch.
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @JohnKIV that's not a fix or even a good excuses. We shouldn't have to change how we drive to accommodate another botched update.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)