Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Glu is responsible for ruining racing rivals

Mike wisemanMike wiseman Registered Users 33 Posts
Among all the other half ass decisions put into effect by glu.....almost none of which I'm sure are requested by actual racers....you people crying about ghost shifters have now created a huge problem.....i for one have no problem with ghost shifting. I'm not that good at it but ive been successful on occasion. But glus crap about ghost shifters being cheaters is a joke. They are just feeding you cry babies with bullshit you want to hear. Ghost shifting in fact will never be gone. It has only become a perfect excuse for glu to NEVER replace a car you lose to an actual cheater (speed hacker) cause they can just blame on it ghost shifts no matter how insane the time may be. Even if it is impossible to ghost shift the particular car. EXCUSE MOBILE

Comments

• mikewyszmikewysz Registered Users 541 Posts
    Mad?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We've never made an official stance on Ghost Shifting. It is something we will discuss in the future.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @Ryyst So I guess you guys are basically done for now with overall game performance? Cause my Note5 and LG V20 can't get above 30 FPS for jack shìt

@Ryyst So I guess you guys are basically done for now with overall game performance? Cause my Note5 and LG V20 can't get above 30 FPS for jack shìt

We also never said we were "done" with working on performance improvements.

• NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    Doesn't seem like anything has been done...phone is still laggy and launch is always above .120. I sent in tickets to get this looked at. One response was my device is too old and that I will have to wait till next update. Well the update is here nothing has changed and now i can't even race. The device im using is nexus 7. My note 3 same issue. One ticket I had responded back stating that in forums you or another had said that we didn't need to go out and get another device...just sucks that you guys give the worst responses and leave it at that. My devices all did good until the update. I have played other games that work just fine on these devices.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited January 2017
    I've given up on playing on my phone anymore. Even though I can run cr2 or even stream movies flawlessly.. can't race on my phone because lag is so bad. So now I race on an emulator on my laptop.. it works, just sux I can't race anywhere but at home.....
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    NASTYTHUG said:

Doesn't seem like anything has been done...phone is still laggy and launch is always above .120. I sent in tickets to get this looked at. One response was my device is too old and that I will have to wait till next update. Well the update is here nothing has changed and now i can't even race. The device im using is nexus 7. My note 3 same issue. One ticket I had responded back stating that in forums you or another had said that we didn't need to go out and get another device...just sucks that you guys give the worst responses and leave it at that. My devices all did good until the update. I have played other games that work just fine on these devices.

Our every intention is that the game works on a lot of different devices. We are still trying to improve performance on older devices, Maybe we'll succeed sooner than later, but as with technology, at some point older devices will cease to be compatible as we keep up with technology. The Nexus 7 and Note 3 are coming up on 4-5 years, so while we'll keep trying to cater to older devices, they may not perform as well as newer ones.

@Ryyst so my Moto g 4th gen that came out in may of 2016 is considered old tech??? Cause I have been able to play since 6.0 came out....
  • itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts
    my game run smooth and dont lag and it on a 2gb ram

@Ryyst so my Moto g 4th gen that came out in may of 2016 is considered old tech??? Cause I have been able to play since 6.0 came out....

Never did I say that.

I quoted 2 previously mentioned devices from 2012-2013. And commented on OLDER devices.

There are 1000s of Android devices out there and they are all not the same. We have a handful of the most used devices here to test on. Again, we are doing what we can, and we also do what we can to optimize performance.

Again, never did I say we were giving up, never did I say we were done trying to make improvements for everyone.

My point is, and this is the same with any kind of technology, as time moves forward, tech seems to grow exponentially. At some point, especially in a advanced games, and especially in the mobile world, at some point software will outgrow older hardware to keep up with newer hardware and tech. That's just how it goes. We still, and this goes for a lot of other companies as well, try and make sure older devices and even devices with less resources (which also can be newer devices) can still be used, but we can only go so far.

• HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    I'm sure Samsung S6 is old, but I have no problems playing and I'm not complaining.
  • Mustang65Mustang65 Registered Users 290 Posts
    So eventually ghost shifting wont be a thing?
  • moparman406moparman406 Registered Users 58 Posts
    What future? Latest news says your all being laid off wonder why lmao
  • ihateoystersihateoysters Registered Users 24 Posts
    .... SOOOOOO MUCH LAAAAAAG ON LAUNCH , SHIFTING AND GRAPHICS R TERRIBLE SAMSUNG TAB A..... WAS RUNNIN GREAT BEFORE THIS TERRIBLE UPDATE .. CAN'T EVEN RACE NOW... AND JUST GOT AN EMAIL SAYING THIS DEVICE MAY BE TO OLD!! Release date was 2015!!! UPDATES!!!!!!! AT LEAST TELL US THAT YOU ARE WORKING ON IMPROVEMENTS!!!! SoOOOOO disgusted there's no words for it..... SO MUCH TIME AND ENJOYMENT PEOPLE PUT INTO THIS Game.... U P D A T E.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    You don't spend much time on here, do you? Have you seen the thread about the Samsung software...some have turned down the resolution and that has resolved their slowness / lag issues. Yes...a tab that's 2 years old...as fast as devices are rolling out now....is considered old.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @Roush Sport That Tab A isn't even old, it's just using poor hardware that really is only usable for YouTube and Internet browsing
    No I don't spend a lot of time on here. I do wen I can.. this tab is less than 2 years old.. other version couldn't run any better, also I do not the see anyway to turn resolution down. From wut I read, there not done with updates. Still a ton of people with issues with a ton of different devices... all other intense games and graphically demanding games run FINE on Tab A....

All this "you device is old or you got crappy hardware is a bunch of BS. My phone is less than 9minths old. It doesn't have the newst and best hardware. But I can play csr2 (a much higher graphic resolution game than RR) without a prob. Zero lag.. I can stream HD movies with zero buffering.. it seems like they made this newest update for iPhone 7 and Samsung's newest phones and that's it... Hopefully Carbonate come in and revamps it so I can race again...
  • JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    My s7 edge runs perfect all my other phones suckk and they were perfect before this update.. i have to guess shifting and my drop launch on all devices previous to 2016 for some reason and i usually buy 2 or 3 phones a year.. the update just sucks. Carbonated will pick this bullshittt apart im sure.
  • KamonsellKamonsell Registered Users 144 Posts
    Although I'd love nothing more than to bash GLU (your in game cust. support is a joke), they didn't "ruin" the game. There was just as much cheating going in when CIE ran the game.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    edited January 2017
    Kamonsell said:

Although I'd love nothing more than to bash GLU (your in game cust. support is a joke), they didn't "ruin" the game. There was just as much cheating going in when CIE ran the game.

There was cheating but it wasn't race cheating like what has surfaced as of late. We also have to remember the game is 3 years old (almost 4 years old - The Rumor Troll) and in mobile terms it's old as hell. It was a matter of time before the code was really cracked and cheating would slowly creep in. The team there at GLU LBC has done a great job of addressing the cheats as they can.

CSR2 is still plagued by speed cheats that were available on day one of it's release.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
    Lol!! Good for only YouTube and browsing and tango and streaming effortlessly and graphically demanding games, ECT ECT .... BUT NOT THE NEW. (RR) UPDATE!!! Sure ok IT MUST BE THE TABLET WITH POOR HARDWARE..... Lol. Gimme a break. Sorry I have to say it. Again... LOL