Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst's Blog #8 - One Last Time

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey Racers,

It’s with a sad heart that I have to tell you all that I am no longer going to be the community manager for Racing Rivals.
I’m not going to get into the details about whats going on within the Glu family. There are articles out there that kinda give you a hint, but that's neither here nor there.

Instead I just wanted to say that it has been a joy to work with this community. As infuriating and frustrating it has been at times, even when being called every name in the book, it’s been quite a journey.

By being your community manager I’ve experienced what the power of a games players can be. I’ve seen how passionate you all are, something I only thought happened with huge PC/Console titles. Never would I have imagined the amount of support, love and yeah sometimes hate that this little mobile game achieved these past couple of years, but it did and that has opened my eyes to the possibilities of mobile gaming, and what types of fans are out there.

I know I have been just as frustrating to you all. Like I’ve always said, I never did knowingly lie, I’ve been vague, yes, I may have not unveiled everything, but know that an employee is always bound by policy lest you want to lose employment. That’s the same with any company and any public facing persona. Just know that behind the scenes I fought for all of you constantly, even when I get “crapped on” I still had the players in mind. I did what I could. I won some and lost some, but all in all, we, that is Glu Long Beach did do what we could with the resources and time we had. I will miss fighting the good fight for the cause.

I’m not sure what the future holds for Rivals or myself, but it is what it is. I will always cherish my time with all of you, from the Nitto days to now. I've met some great folks, some uh, interesting folks... some of who I consider good friends now.

To all my Mods, its been great, thank you for all you've done and continue to do.
To all the Community leaders, thanks for helping grow the Rivals community.
To all the people who hate me, thanks for being passionate about our little game enough to feel so strongly
To all the cheaters and hackers.... diaf
To my Player Council, It's been fun, lots of laughs, thanks for always having me and the community in your hearts and for doing so much for the game
To all the forum members and players, continue to voice your thoughts, opinions and complaints, but remember to occasionally voice your praise, continue to feel attachments to the things you love and never feel ashamed for them.

Good luck Racers… kick the tires and light the fires.

One last time…
Ryyst

Did I ever tell you how I got my name.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    Adios amigo
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
  • DeynnispDeynnisp Registered Users 123 Posts
    @Ryyst , I wish you the best as you go forward and I hope that this will only bring good changes to this game that we love to play and as you stated are so passionate about. We the community certainly have been at times very outspoken but to me that's further proof of the passion that most have for this game. I can't say the same for GLU because from where I stand they could have done/shown more to/for the RR community. But I won't revel in their downfall if you like to call it that. I just hoped they would have been little more transparent with us.

Best of luck.

Adios Amigo.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Bye big chief
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    Thanks for all your hard work and keeping us in the loop on things. Wishing you the best of luck in your new adventure. Please, do tell, how did you get your name?
    Seeya on the track
    Tawny D
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Bye Bye, you will for sure be missed. Hopefully this wont be the last time any of us here from you
  • hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    Good luck to you Ryyst. I'm sure you will do just fine wherever you end up next. Take care.
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    Should have been fire years ago :D

IGN : 1320killer
  • db8kaydb8kay Registered Users 1,513 Posts
    Gooood luck on your future endeavors and have a dooe new year!
  • JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    I still say you should have voted for us to have in game testers, like I said some of us would have loved to have a part in helping but nooo. Did yall ever fix the credit card trick. XD
  • Drivefaster88Drivefaster88 Registered Users 1,101 Posts
    Good Luck to you. Take care
    JDM Lover
    Ign - Chrome platinum 884
    - Money may not buy happiness, but its better to cry in a Nissan
    Owner of a 2004 Rocket Bunny 350z
  • ZacharySage1738ZacharySage1738 Registered Users 7,066 Posts
    Nice having you bud, best wishes to you in your endeavors.
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    The new owners will straighten a lot of stuff out that was never addressed.
  • killinemsoftlykillinemsoftly Registered Users 4,432 Posts
    Take care boss

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @Ryyst that sux. Even though we've disagreed on a few things. You've always been there to answer any questions I've had and explain things I didn't understand and help where you could.. best of luck going forward.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • g4h_nosferatug4h_nosferatu Registered Users 5,727 Posts
    One
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    Thanks for all your help
  • tequileros97tequileros97 Registered Users 911 Posts
    @JSE Racing i must know this credit card trick lmao

Also I'd like to hear how you got your name :)
  • TedBaker2TedBaker2 Registered Users 1,009 Posts
    Miss u man
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Looks like 6.0 wasn't the way to go. Maybe if you guys had listened to the consumers, you'd still have a job. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Im going to say the same thing I did in another thread about this...
    Im pretty sure all the pathetic..d-bag...broke...hooommo.....digital pixel obsessed.....mommas boys, who went crazy with all the chargebacks....Probably cost Real people, Real Jobs...... Congrats you pathetic FCKS.....
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    CHSJA said:

Im going to say the same thing I did in another thread about this...
    Im pretty sure all the pathetic..d-bag...broke...hooommo.....digital pixel obsessed.....mommas boys, who went crazy with all the chargebacks....Probably cost Real people, Real Jobs...... Congrats you pathetic FCKS.....

can ya just assume that? in some other games they penalize chargebackers lol by bannin em
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    edited January 2017
    Soo, a level 2 Account on Bluestacks emmulator got banned for a chargeback , after purchasing enough gems to earn Enzo Ferrari, and transfer it off to another account somewhere in digital pixel land....
    Pretty sure GLU still lost on that one..
  • rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for all the help, too bad GLU did not listen to the players
  • Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    :'(
    What's up beautiful?
  • Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst does that mean forums will shutdown? And then slowly RR?
    What's up beautiful?
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Hey I wish you luck. I've also had a job that was exactly as you described, fighting the good fight but my hands were tied. You'll be fine. It's not any one workers fault this happened. It's the guy who made the policy for glu mobile.

Anyway, good luck
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    edited January 2017
    I posted a quote from above about charge backs costing jobs, it didn't link, would I expect anything less. Adding this note so you can reference the below.

That's the way life is, if you can't do the job correctly, you get fired. I'm in no means talking about the workers. The guy that made the decisions for racing rivals did this.

If the mail man never delivered the mail to your house do you just allow that?

Modified apk runs rampant. It could have been fixed but they give a song and dance about the core code.

It honestly doesn't matter at this point. The game was dying, now maybe it wont.
  • BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Sorry to seeu go
  • daniel001daniel001 Registered Users 12 Posts
    You should remove all the mods before you leave. They will run ruckus all around scamming people and banning them with no Admin.

One of your mod TheGangsta scammed me yesterday and threatened to ban me if I come to forum.

I have screenshot. Tell me how to send and I will