Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst's Blog #6 - Six Point Oh

15678911Next

Comments

• itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts
    i love the game even with the problems...cause i know its going get better
  • itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts

Well, here we are with another update, and here I am again addressing all the insults, the hate, and complaints that come with every single update we’ve done. So let me go ahead and address some things.

“Everything sucks!”

Look. It’s never our intention to “ruin the game” at honestly, we still believe we haven’t. There are issues. There are always issues. I’ve said time and time again, there are 1000s of different devices in 1000s of different circumstances that no company, no matter how big they are, can successfully test. All we can do is try our best with what we have. It’s the same song and dance we go through every update. Every update is the “worst update ever”. Why? Because once you go from a handful of test devices, testing all they can for months, then the game goes to 100,000s of players in all those circumstances, that’s when things happen.

So lets look at some things…

1. Lag. Always happens when we update. Why? Because everyone is downloading the game and in the beginning, everyone has to also download assets. It causes a lot of stress on the servers, and also uses resources on your device.

Outside of the normal “New Update” latency we’re still assessing the performance of all the different devices out there. As time goes on and we gather more data on the various devices players use, we will be able to determine just what each device is capable of and

2. Issues – We’ve always addressed the major issues. Not always the day of launch. In fact rarely is it day of launch. We spend the first few days gathering info about what’s happening. Then we get to work. After a while things normalize and everything is honky dory.. .every single time. That isn’t about to change.

3. Moving Forward – We’ll always move forward. We’ll always try to improve the game. That’s what we’ve done since day one. Turf Wars, Racer Showdowns, Tournaments, Mystery Crates, WWE integration, BMW events, Halloween events, April Fool’s Cars, better single payer experiences, partnerships and now graphic and tonal improvements. Some are hit, some are miss. Some things we keep tweaking, and through it all, we’ve made the changes we’ve needed to, we’ve fixed what needed fixing and we’ve removed things that weren’t working. We’ve also added improvements to fight against cheaters and exploiters. All for little or no fanfare, even after being bashed verbally for months. It’s fine, we understand, and yet ,we keep doing what we do.

4. Cars look worse - On our newer devices, they don’t. We achieved what we wanted. That being said, we’ve also scaled things. That means we’ve tried to optimize the game for most devices. In some cases, we’ve had to “turn down” the graphics some users on older devices, and devices that don’t support our newer graphic programs. Each Android device is NOT the same. Capabilities vary from device type to device type and there are 1000s of them. We’ve looked at the most popular devices and automatically set your graphic settings accordingly. However, we’re not perfect and we don’t have profiles for all the devices out there. So maybe your device IS capable of handling the newer graphics and special effects but we’ve set your device to a lower setting. We can see about helping. You just need to let us know via a ticket in game so we can see what device you are using and assess it’s capabilities.

For those on older devices, unfortunately, to play the game, you may experience less than optimized looking graphics. That’s the nature of technology and video games. At some point, the games advance as tech allows and older machines get left in the dust, with Racing Rivals, we’ve tried our best to still give players on such devices, the game play they know, while sacrificing graphics.
    We’ve added Graphics options. You want to improve performance? You can turn off the shaders and special effects. (Those on iPhone 6s and up, that option isn’t there, but will be added shortly)

We’re still sorting through all the devices we don’t have info on. In the future, we’ll also allow you to scale the graphics on your own. Kinda like with PC games, it usually picks the best settings for your hardware, but you can manually override that and choose higher graphics setting or lower graphic settings.

5. Some paint and wheels and (whatever else) look weird - We’re working on that. We’re looking into the fleck and matte paints, we’re looking at metallic cars, we’re looking into wheels, we’re looking into car wraps. We’ll get that sorted out. We always do. No need to think we won’t now.

6. Chat - Like I’ve said. It’s easy to test global chat between a handful of people, it’s quite different when 100,000s of players join in. We’re already working on optimizing it. We’ve seen the feedback. You guys would like the opportunity to ignore it or turn it off. We’ll look into that for the future
    7. Other Issues - Other things may pop up, especially between players that are on two different versions of the game. As they are reported, we’ll look into them.

8. Light Laggers - We’ve done what we can. At this point, it’s not really affecting races. You can still effectively race. You can still get the same low RTs. Its been done. I’ve seen it done, I’ve done it myself.

As long as YOU are paying attention, the game gives you ample warning when a race is about to begin, and you have enough time to prepare for it.

Doesn’t mean we quit trying to find ways to alleviate the issue. Problem is, there are too many false positives. Punishing every instance will bring us back to the days where players brought out the pitchforks because of these false positives.

9. Ghost Shifting - We don’t have an official stance yet, but we are looking into the whole issue.
    So yeah, I get it. Things have changed. The update didn’t go as smoothly as it could have, but this one was harder to do. Updating the graphics of a game is easy… ish. Updating the graphics of a mobile game to take advantage of newer modern devices while trying to cater to older devices and make that all work on 1000s of different kinds of devices, a bit more difficult.

At the end of the day, the core game is still there. We’ll work through the major issues and everything will be okay again, we just need to get through these hurdles. We’ve been there before. This is our 6th update, we hope to have many more. In the meantime, report your issues, be polite, we’re all human beings, there is no point to being insulting or being just plain mean. We are people just like you, there is no need to forget that. We’ll work with you guys to fix things, Maybe it won’t be instantaneous, but after 6 updates now, we’ve always pulled through, we will again.

yall take yall time dont worry if everubody delete the game i still will beplaying,cause i love the game
  • Bling_AsphaltBling_Asphalt Registered Users 16 Posts
    You'll want to know how bad the complete graphics change is. The graphic used to look so good that every matte paint, rims, glow, etc where worth alot of game currency. Therefore it was worth it to buy gold,silver,bronze crates. Now the cars looks so bad, and in many ways all look about the same, c class rx8 looks just as good as matt, rims, glow turf car. To put that in perspective, many good cars turf cars etc, that we put nice paint,rims on we would never pink race with them. Now that they dont look good they have no value. Its just another fast car to pink with.

To summarize what this means, there is no longer a aftermarket value on any of the products. Matte, paints, glows, rims, or even cars that used to hold value for looks. This means that people went from wanting crates and spending mad cash on them. To not wanting them at all. Your gunna lose alot of money.

Thats talking economics, not even emotional attachement to cars thats gone, pride that went in having certain cars. All gone. They hold no value anymore. You have sucked all joy out of this game, and you can try and sugar coat it all you want, but you took away the attraction to the game. You took away the reason to buy gems for turf, or crates for items.

Ive read all your posts and they all have a theme that it will be ok in the end, like the other updates. But you need to realize what has happened to fix it properly. You better make these cars look good again, and not have a rx8 looking the same as good turf cars.
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts

You'll want to know how bad the complete graphics change is. The graphic used to look so good that every matte paint, rims, glow, etc where worth alot of game currency. Therefore it was worth it to buy gold,silver,bronze crates. Now the cars looks so bad, and in many ways all look about the same, c class rx8 looks just as good as matt, rims, glow turf car. To put that in perspective, many good cars turf cars etc, that we put nice paint,rims on we would never pink race with them. Now that they dont look good they have no value. Its just another fast car to pink with.

To summarize what this means, there is no longer a aftermarket value on any of the products. Matte, paints, glows, rims, or even cars that used to hold value for looks. This means that people went from wanting crates and spending mad cash on them. To not wanting them at all. Your gunna lose alot of money.

Thats talking economics, not even emotional attachement to cars thats gone, pride that went in having certain cars. All gone. They hold no value anymore. You have sucked all joy out of this game, and you can try and sugar coat it all you want, but you took away the attraction to the game. You took away the reason to buy gems for turf, or crates for items.

Ive read all your posts and they all have a theme that it will be ok in the end, like the other updates. But you need to realize what has happened to fix it properly. You better make these cars look good again, and not have a rx8 looking the same as good turf cars.

We are working to fix the matte and wheel issues, they will not stay as they are. Can you give me other specific examples of cars you think are worse in 6.0.2 than they were in 5.3 now that the graphics are essentially back to what they were?
  • Bling_AsphaltBling_Asphalt Registered Users 16 Posts
    Its a combination of they look smaller, youll made the cars smaller in garage and on the track. When the cars are on a bigger scale you can notice the difference in size of each car, which effects details you notice on each car. When you reduce the scaling of all cars like you did the difference in size of each car is much less. Like cyrus said the fact that all the cars are shiny makes them all look the same. Before they only shined if you had regular paint now they all shine. Do your best to fix rims and paint. I was just trying to give you some insight on the way we think and are looking at this. Its a major loss of interest and definite loss of interest in buying and crates. Your talking about a culture of spend money on your game to pimp out cars that may get lost forever. After that all you have is that your the only car game that can pink slip race. Before you had the aesthetic edge by a long shot.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts
    Some of y'all just bichin over nothing man !!! They're trying to fix the problems just give it time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts
    Sorry if this has been brought up already, but since the 6.0 update, the engine sounds on certain cars (Z28 and Sesto Elemento for example) are louder then the audible "dings" for the lights. I use them to judge my drop. This is on an iPhone 6s built in speakers and different types of headphones/ear buds.
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    @[RR]Downshift I'm hearing from people that there's certain racers going impossible times after 6.0.2 - for example 6.4 seconds in r90ck, 6.62 in c.7r.
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    You guys know that new hacks are out. Especially watching Zonda running faster than K1. I'm in a large Facebook group with top 100 leaders and many will retire.
    dulwhite said:

@[RR]Downshift I'm hearing from people that there's certain racers going impossible times after 6.0.2 - for example 6.4 seconds in r90ck, 6.62 in c.7r.

We are investigating the new hacks. We are always watching for these.
  • errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    so I've tried to tell about issues to cs and they tell me I'm out?!?! nothing they can do really?!?!?!
    edited November 2016
    this is their reply
    http://i.imgur.com/wiDNBrY.png
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    The apks are back with 6.0.2. All that work that was done to prevent these hacks, down the drain. With 5.3 before the update to 6, all of these were gone. I get your trying to improve the game in your eyes but doesn't seem like it's worked out so far.

People aren't happy, bugs are out of control, apks and dual conversion are back. The lag is insane and makes racing almost impossible. I'm trying to see your point of view but it's very hard to see how 6.0 is considered an upgrade or improvement.

We don't have larger lobbies, lobby shifts or anything that was promised with 6.0. Self crushing is out of control cause it's the only way anyone can race. I'm really trying to see it... believe me, I am.
    C y r u s said:

The apks are back with 6.0.2. All that work that was done to prevent these hacks, down the drain. With 5.3 before the update to 6, all of these were gone. I get your trying to improve the game in your eyes but doesn't seem like it's worked out so far.

People aren't happy, bugs are out of control, apks and dual conversion are back. The lag is insane and makes racing almost impossible. I'm trying to see your point of view but it's very hard to see how 6.0 is considered an upgrade or improvement.

We don't have larger lobbies, lobby shifts or anything that was promised with 6.0. Self crushing is out of control cause it's the only way anyone can race. I'm really trying to see it... believe me, I am.

We are indeed looking into the hacks, but these investigations do take a little time. We have to break things apart, evaluate the cause, fix it and then test it. Hacks are an ongoing battle and not something we take sitting down. We also greatly appreciate the members of the community that bring our attention to the hacks - your vigilance helps us tremendously.
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    lag...lag...lag...that's all that matters to race. I have pm'd you [RR] DownShift and got nothing back from you. Like I said before I never had the lag issue before the new updates....this sucks because I want to turf, do you know how many people are in my shoes that cannot turf because of the lag? Tons! When you turn on Global chat...that's all I read is the lag issues. I have given you the information that you need and still have not heard back from you. It would be nice to race and turf again....
    NASTYTHUG said:

lag...lag...lag...that's all that matters to race. I have pm'd you [RR] DownShift and got nothing back from you. Like I said before I never had the lag issue before the new updates....this sucks because I want to turf, do you know how many people are in my shoes that cannot turf because of the lag? Tons! When you turn on Global chat...that's all I read is the lag issues. I have given you the information that you need and still have not heard back from you. It would be nice to race and turf again....

Pretty sure I responded to you, but just in case I didn't we are actively working on performance improvements and will roll out further changes in our next update. We have a lot of fixes in test but we're not ready to submit quite yet. I will circle back with more news specifically on the next update at some point soon (hopefully next week).
    So 200 gems $500,000 in the damn Lotus still doesn't tune right having this issue with a lot of cars in the 45 through 56 range 3540 6368 not a problem WTF I'm honestly done buying gems least until all this is ironed out if I decide to come back at all I've been trying you all can look on the account that I've been trying but 5.3 was well put together I don't understand the change the lags bad on an S6 even worse on an S4 both used to play identically prior to the 6.0 and 6.02 update and then I tried getting a Honda crates to fill out some of the 25 freaking blueprints I've got lined out and all I get are freaking wheels and paints and lights if that's what y'all going to be doing why you guys charge and so much this is getting old I really like this game I was really trying I even you know hey I'll pay the money maybe it'll help them out but this is getting old
  • Draft Tach 345Draft Tach 345 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Should bring the old format back in team points. Also Co leaders are unable to do anything. Hard to run a team with 1 person. S5 runs much better. Galaxy s10.5 Tabis better but latency is horrible. I don't care about grapics but game play is most important
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    S4 is still unplayable except friday morning ran amazing for about three hours then back to not good.
    the rating seems to get stuck when you try to switch back and forth trying to tune just right then seems to stick and jump
    on a s6 non edge
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    ADMINS...PLEASE READ THIS DISCUSSION...VERY IMPORTANT... THIS ISSUE COULD JEOPARDIZE THE FUTURE OF THIS GAME AND/OR YOUR COMPANY...PLEASE READ NOW

https://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/comment/5977563#Comment_5977563

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the purpose of the lobby shifts supposed to better help glu regulate what cars can run in lobbies and to better help spot hacks and things like that? Well looks like it didn't do anything but mess up everyone's tunes.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0PwqQ
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    Whens the new update...this sucks with all the lag still...smh!
    NASTYTHUG said:

Whens the new update...this sucks with all the lag still...smh!

We're close, One of us will post something more official within the next few days.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    I'd like to remind you all to not use obscene/vulgar language. I will remove posts.

And yes this includes clever ways of "masking" it.

We welcome discussion, but please be civil and adhere to the forum rules.

http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/205477/forum-rules-and-guidelines
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

edited December 2016
    instead of trying to add new features, please expedite the stop of hacking. Thanks.

dulwhite said:

instead of trying to add new features, please expedite the stop of hacking. Thanks.

We are doing both and will continue to do both.
    Apparently you won't be doing both. Good riddance.