Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Glu laying off 100+people Closing 2 office including Racing Rivals in Long Beach

I See Carbonated Inc taking over RR.

Comments

• Draft Tach 345Draft Tach 345 Registered Users 28 Posts
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    I would sure love to hear what this all means for the game.. Before I spend any more money..
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    Fake news...

IGN : 1320killer
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @1320_Killer all of glu long beach was laid off. So almost everyone that worked on RR is gone
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    I guess the end is near
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    edited January 2017
    Damnn what is going on in the mobile gaming in Cali? Dena west closed their doors around Sept of 2016 and they had a deal with Nintendo.lol
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Really i cant say that im shocked, like GLU's stock has been basically been in a free fall and they aren't going anywhere. Then they release an update for one of there biggest money making games and that also makes matters wors
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    This is no doubt, partly because of all the chargebacks.....
    Alot of people lost jobs because of pathetic d-bags, and their infatuation with digit pixels...
  • ECTO01ECTO01 Registered Users 4,310 Posts
    does this mean they aren't fixing the launch button?

all kidding aside, sad to see people losing their job. hopefully things will get better for the company, staff, and players
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Yes it is true. Glu learned a harsh lesson, don't push a product onto your customers that they clearly don't want. It's their own fault for pushing 6.0 and not listening to the community, Very few liked the update. Glu ignored almost everyone and instead kept pushing a broken product onto the consumer. And what's worse, the destroyed the game and then blamed everyone's device for the problems rather than owning their mistake and admitting their update was crap. Good riddance to Ryyst and all the rest. I live in Long Beach so if Ryyst or any others at Glu see me at the store, please don't ask for spare change, I don't need my windshield washed and I'm not giving away free money
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Great..... kill me
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @C y r u s These people do make good make from what they do so money wont be a problem for most of everybody at long beach studio
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Ok so it sounds like after reading a article it will change hands and they will push more crap we don't want
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

Until an official statement is released, none of us know what the actual reason was / is. We can speculate all we want, but it's pointless, as again, no one truely knows...yet.
  • rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    Great, well at least I made the right move to spend more of my time, effort and money on another game when RR started doing stupid things in July 2016
  • moparman406moparman406 Registered Users 58 Posts
    edited January 2017
    I know vgu brain sesko is really butt hurt his money maker insider will be out of work he posted yesterday he will no longer have insider info come march. And I hope gone for good. Turf events should be posted mid week by the game not some prick. I say good he and glu want to bash the gaming community that makes them money. I for one can't wait I mean they can't do any worse then glu has over the last year. And I bet you will see a ton of new stuff added to the game for gem only glu will try to bleed it dry while they can
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    rsxpwr said:

Great, well at least I made the right move to spend more of my time, effort and money on another game when RR started doing stupid things in July 2016

What game are you playing now? I'm pretty bored with RR since 6.0

I know vgu brain sesko is really butt hurt his money maker insider will be out of work he posted yesterday he will no longer have insider info come march. And I hope gone for good. Turf events should be posted mid week by the game not some prick. I say good he and glu want to bash the gaming community that makes them money. I for one can't wait I mean they can't do any worse then glu has over the last year. And I bet you will see a ton of new stuff added to the game for gem only glu will try to bleed it dry while they can

Mid week? Before someone figured out that you could get into the code of the game and see the events prior to the start, there was no way of knowing what the turf events were until they actually started. I remember those days, and remember the mad scramble during the first hour getting cars ready (back before I had an inventory built up).
  • [RR] Sage[RR] Sage Moderators 556 Posts
    Glu did not sell the game. We just are moving it to another studio to run the live operations. Most of the current team is still in place and will help with the transition. We did lose some folks from Long Beach on Tuesday as the team is too big for the revenue it is making. We are still working on a bug fix patch and hopefully we will have some new news for you soon.
  • rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    Fugyea said:

rsxpwr said:

@Fugyea CSR2 way more stable than RR
    edited January 2017
    It's more stable, also many more glitches, mods, problems, and no point in playing once the career is done. Pinks? Nope. Once one car is "out of gas", can you chose another and continue playing? Nope.
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited January 2017
    I have played CSR2 as well and out of gas, just watch videos and you are up and running again, no engine damage like RR and no video watch limit like RR.

Career complete there are tons of challenges if you have a good garage, Pinks not really a big issue since you get cars for free when you achieve your levels. Less hassle and more enjoyable than RR,
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @SpeedTrapp more enjoyable for you. For some our soul reason for being so passionate about RR is PINKS! And only pinks. The trill of putting my $15 turfs plus mils of rrc only the line is un replaceable. For me I race myself. Idgaf who lines up, I go for kill.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    You realize that RR has engine damage, and CSR has the gas tank....same thing, just implemented in different ways. In RR, however, if one car is damaged, you can grab another and keep right on playing. In CSR, once you are out of gas, it's game over until you either buy more, or take time to watch videos. Ain't nobody got time for that! :)
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    rsxpwr said:

Fugyea said:

rsxpwr said:

@Fugyea CSR2 way more stable than RR
    Been playing CSR for a while, since 6.0 came out. It's a good game. Much more stable and a lot less issues the rr. Just thought you might have insight on something else.

Thanks

• Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    What will the future hold? GET YOUR MONEY!!! While you can... :p