Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Hello RR community members!

None of you know me - but let's change that! My name is Kolbe Launchbaugh - I’m the creative leader and co-founder of Carbonated. I’ve been in the games industry for a long time with my first titles way back on the original PlayStation.

We know you may be angry at Glu. You may be excited for change. You may be sad for the loss of your friends at the studio. You have questions. You have concerns. These are all completely fair, and we understand.

In the coming weeks, we're going to be tackling a lot of stuff:
-- Continue to run and support the live game
-- Dig deep into the game, team, process, and community
-- Grow our staff with experienced members of the current RR team and/or new personnel
-- Develop fixes and updates for the “near” future
-- Plan longer term and larger scale fixes and updates for the long haul
-- Bring some of you in for the first RR summit with Carbonated

As much as I would love to give you all of the answers and quell all of your concerns, we’re not in a position to do that just yet. I hope you can understand that we’re going as fast as possible, we will be as open and honest as we can, and above all else, we care a great deal for both you and the product.

This is a fresh start for Racing Rivals, for us, and for you. Lets make the most of it together!

-Kolbe
Prev134

Comments

• [RR] Dupe[RR] Dupe Moderators 21 Posts
    Rookie mistake! Also, I didnt know that the announcements section doesnt allow for replies - my bad!

-Kolbe
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    1 time pass chief. Welcome to the forums
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Welcome and thanks for the introduction!! We hope to see the game grow to bigger and better things
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    Carbonated is in the house. Welcome Kolbe.
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    Hello! Someone move this to unsupported sales so people know that rr isn't gonna die haha
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Welcome to the Nuthouse Kolbe...hope you guys are able t'keep this game alive !!!

Good Luck man

:)

• ZacharySage1738ZacharySage1738 Registered Users 7,066 Posts
    Nice to meet you, hope to see great things for both Ingame and forums advancement. Enjoy the community on forums, this is definitely a nice group of players on here that have one love, this game.

RR Summit with Carbonated sounds fun. Hope that's a big kickoff into showing who your group really are. Will be that core message to the foundation of players.
  • RahatB98RahatB98 Registered Users 4,997 Posts
    You ruin forums, I ruin you.

By the way, welcome.

I'm the one true curry lovin, accent rockin Indian here.

You're gonna be getting a lot of hate and love so better get used to this madhouse.

Hope this works out for you and us.

Goodluck.
    lifes a b*tch and then you die.

IGN - Real Cranky

• eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    I think the main thing we can all take away from this post is him saying they care about both the product and it's consumer. A lot of people have been worried since word dropped that GLU would be leasing out the game but knowing that you guys are wanting to continue advancing the game and not just letting it sit and generate profit without much being done is good to hear. Can't wait to see what all comes from this venture.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    welcome
    RahatB98 said:

You ruin forums, I ruin you.

By the way, welcome.

I'm the one true curry lovin, accent rockin Indian here.

You're gonna be getting a lot of hate and love so better get used to this madhouse.

Hope this works out for you and us.

Goodluck.

Had to reread that as "Apu" from the Simpsons...lol

Don't judge me...hahahaha

Just Clownin around ;)

• adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    welcome, feel free to reach out to us if you could use the help. Quite a few of us have stuck around for a couple of years and would be more than happy to assist.
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    Welcome to hell .

IGN : 1320killer
  • outlaw905outlaw905 Registered Users 513 Posts
    Welcome be careful there's toxic lurking around on these forums
  • The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    edited January 2017
    Welcome to the forums and the Racing Rivals community Kolbe. These are exciting times ahead of us for sure! I've got a pretty close relationship with some of the current game staff, and I've heard some of the ideas channeling down the pipeline!!! Can't wait!

Make yourself at home, any questions, feel free to ask!

The Troll
    ^just a rumor^

• BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    If they can fix all these performance issues that many are still having and change the UI, then yeah this game would be in decent shape
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    Welcome....be prepared to be pissed off by my constant posting according to other forum members
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Looking forward to a new future.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • Dima84Dima84 Registered Users 548 Posts
    Welcome and good luck
  • JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    I'll be the first to say ive been a jerk to other staff ive since apologized to said people and moved on.. ive also been reading everything I can find about your company and work.. i said id stay til rr died and so here I am. I am soo not religious but i pray to the rr gods you guys can save us. Welcome, to some people this is just a game but to some an escape from terrible realities.. @dwdtuning knows a bit about what I mean for me personally with this game i get my daughter on weekends rarely, my lifes not in the best position, i also take psych meds, anti depression meds, i sold off all my Xbox 360 and ps3 stuff to buy rr cars.. rr is my escape. So in short welcome to my alternate world I live in lol. Thanks for giving us a chance to fight and stay.
  • JHARDWAYJHARDWAY Registered Users 205 Posts
    Let me know about the RR Summit.

-The Bearded Clamm
  • DualShocker182DualShocker182 Registered Users 5,257 Posts
    Welcome!

IGN: DualShocker182
    "Rapper, Memer, and Lobby-Cleaner"
  • ScAMerzBewareScAMerzBeware Registered Users 6,301 Posts
    Glad to have a strong backbone behind a business. We tend to be frustratingly exhausting from time to time but I gaurentee this will be one of THE BEST sources to find the root to a lot of player frustration. Glad to have you hope to see you out there playing and getting a first hand experience. If you ever need some R/D let some of us know. There is a lot of us that have played this game from the beginning and can share a lot of hands on experience. Again cheers glad to have you, and it's extremely appreciated to get from the source news that can't be skewed through social media.
    IGN: s t 0 n 3 d
    Battle For The Trap

• WSER100WSER100 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    edited January 2017
    me: OOOO Transparency
    carbonated: profit

welcome dude
  • JLYALL23JLYALL23 Registered Users 3,678 Posts
    Welcome! I hope you guys can turn this game around
  • rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    Welcome, hope you can get the performance fixed on Android and the launch button
  • benstarbenstar Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hi can you help me I've got rr on my phone and I've downloaded it on my tab for my son so we could race together using the same e-mail but my phone logged me into my sons and don't no how to get mine back.
  • ScAMerzBewareScAMerzBeware Registered Users 6,301 Posts
    @benstar let me be the first to tell you that 2 accounts will NEVER stay on under one email. One replaces the other whichever order they were logged in. You have to create a separate email to save your account by email (they have to not be the same in other words). The only way it would be able to be recovered at this point is to hope that you synced it with your facebook and your son does not have that option. Cheers and good luck it very well may be gone. Just much rather tell you the truth then try to sell you some fake hopes.
    IGN: s t 0 n 3 d
    Battle For The Trap

• REDmonster26REDmonster26 Registered Users 1,015 Posts
    Welcome to the community some of us have been around for quite some time. I personally remember daily login bonuses(anyone else?) so I've seen RR go thru ALOT of changes over the years. So I'm almost looking forward to a fresh take on something comfortable for me.