Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

How Glu and the Long Beach team failed us

KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
Here's a simple break down of how and why they failed . Totally overhauling 5.3 big mistake the game was hacker free during this time the graphics and game play was on point . Updating to 6.0 allowed for hackers to make new apks the main one being TechX at sinful android . Changing lobbies another huge mistake many people quit after the un needed lobby over haul . Not banning Accounts that did huge amounts of charge backs is another massive financial mistake on there end ! Why Glu wouldn't you ban people that charged back 1000s of dollars to get Enzo's out of the racer club or any other new thing added to the game ? Now let's adresss another in game expliot ghost shifting . You can can't skip gears in real life and your car go faster so why can you on racing rivals ? Who knows? I do know however a few players on the players council are all for it . I can gs some cars and I'm not for it it's a exploit that needs to be patched plain and simple . 6.0 I believe has been the major downfall of this once glorious game . Let's see since the update I can barely see race results . I strain to see dam near anything written on the game ! The launch key repeatedly fails now !!! A lot of times my shifter want freaking shift along with nos failing also . I
Once loved this great game . I'm still addicted to it I really do hope the people at carbonated listen to the people and address the issues at hand . Ps the current player council a mother fkin joke . If there was to be another one bring in actual players !! People that actually turf every week and play the game how it's supposed be played . Not people that only care about profits buy selling and trading !!

Comments

• outlaw905outlaw905 Registered Users 513 Posts
    If they were to fix ghost shifting (which is apart of the game) they would have to make the game from scratch and obviously you can ghost shift in real life you can't compare RR to real life.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Well there is no auto cars in RR. The Syclone and GNX for example where only auto cars. I see all these ppl complain about GS but never give an idea on how to fix it. The GS cars are cars that are fast reving with close gear ratio's so instead of just biitching about it give an idea on "how" to adress it.

I do agree that Glu sucks, when I played a Dena game they used lots of ideas from the forums and other places for players. I myself was in a line chat group with the community rep. And they went out of business, so I feel littly sympathy for the Glu ppl that do not listen to a single thing from the comunity lossing their job.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    I'd be careful who you call a joke especially with the reputation you carry online.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    Says the guy who exploits the game n do tons of charge backs for his yt.

IGN : 1320killer
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Just throwing this out there - when it comes to folks "exploiting the chargeback" - how would you suggest they counter that? You said "ban the accounts / players". Ok, so I make Racer01...and I set up / complete a bunch of offers via the offer wall, spend a bunch of money buying gems, and then call Google or Apple and complain, and have a "chargeback" completed. I now have all of my money back, and yet still retain all the gems in the game. Glu gets wind of this, and bans the account. What stops me from then starting a new account - Racer02 (for example), and doing it all over again? And before you say something like "well, just ban the ip address"....do you know how easy it is to get around that?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to be condescending, nor am I condoning the behavior of some players with questionable morals / integrity. I am, however, asking this - folks are so quick to say "Glu should do this, or do that".....and that's fine to have those ideas / suggestions. But, take it a step further.....how, exactly, would YOU suggest they go about executing those ideas / suggestions?
    edited January 2017
    @1320_Killer
    You have no idea what your talking about, but that's typical.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    edited January 2017

@1320_Killer

You have no idea what your talking about, but that's typical.

I been around long enough , 555r, 1320challenge, 1320legends, rr .
    You know exactly what I'm talking about.

IGN : 1320killer
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts

I'd be careful who you call a joke especially with the reputation you carry online.

I may have not been around for nitto 1320 but that doesn't make you better then everyone else just sayin you pull that card a lot hell I'd call you out for a 5m bet but the only 2 cars you drive are ctr and rsx

IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

Says the guy who exploits the game n do tons of charge backs for his yt.

This is what I was saying you don't know what you are talking about.

I don't do chargebacks on the gems I use in the video. If I did I couldn't use the same account over and over. They run a scan every so often and ban people that do that. But I'm sure you knew that... lol

If you have been around since 555r then awesome, it's good to see some old school legacy players still around and kicking.

I may have not been around for nitto 1320 but that doesn't make you better then everyone else just sayin you pull that card a lot hell I'd call you out for a 5m bet but the only 2 cars you drive are ctr and rsx

I was calling him a joke because he got caught trying to trade Racing Rivals cars for nudes from an underage girl.. but if that's who you want to back then I can't force you to not back someone.

As for me bringing up Nitto, I was just agreeing that there IS a way that the community could help but they have chosen to not continue that process and instead leave it up to the QA team alone. I don't understand why everyone takes what I say on here as an insult, it's almost like you guys are looking for something to overreact about.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
    edited January 2017
    I got caught trading nudes to a person underage yeah ok ... more like I expossed a scammer then trolls on callouts like jay santos who is also a scammer turned it into something it wasn't . You Brian are the biggest joke in racing rivals . I'm sure we all have been falsely accused of things online . I'm sure not everything I have seen posted about you has been true . I'm sorry I made your butt sore for calling you a joke no reason to post false accusations about me . Thank you have a nice day ...
    edited January 2017
    Kevo said:

Here's a simple break down of how and why they failed . Totally overhauling 5.3 big mistake the game was hacker free during this time the graphics and game play was on point . Updating to 6.0 allowed for hackers to make new apks the main one being TechX at sinful android . Changing lobbies another huge mistake many people quit after the un needed lobby over haul . Not banning Accounts that did huge amounts of charge backs is another massive financial mistake on there end ! Why Glu wouldn't you ban people that charged back 1000s of dollars to get Enzo's out of the racer club or any other new thing added to the game ? Now let's adresss another in game expliot ghost shifting . You can can't skip gears in real life and your car go faster so why can you on racing rivals ? Who knows? I do know however a few players on the players council are all for it . I can gs some cars and I'm not for it it's a exploit that needs to be patched plain and simple . 6.0 I believe has been the major downfall of this once glorious game . Let's see since the update I can barely see race results . I strain to see dam near anything written on the game ! The launch key repeatedly fails now !!! A lot of times my shifter want freaking shift along with nos failing also . I

Once loved this great game . I'm still addicted to it I really do hope the people at carbonated listen to the people and address the issues at hand . Ps the current player council a mother fkin joke . If there was to be another one bring in actual players !! People that actually turf every week and play the game how it's supposed be played . Not people that only care about profits buy selling and trading !!

Instead of throwing you even further down I'll just respond to your original post.

You don't know this because you don't know anything about how the game functions but,..

There was not supposed to be a 6.0. The game was supposed to get closed and a new game that would not have been a continuation of this game was supposed to be made. Things changed and instead of making a whole new game they instead decided to help their community and instead of making us all start over from scratch on a brand new game they would instead over haul the current game while allowing their users to maintain everything they had collected thus far.

What other game does that? What other game allows you to carry over everything you have into a better made game that was produced to have the ability to compete graphics wise for years to come? What sucked was that most players phones were not capable of running the new resource hog game they created and the rest was history. I don't look at this as a misfire on their part I see it as them doing all they could to prevent us from starting from 0 like on CSR2 or a host of other racing games where when a new game is made you start all over.

As for the un needed lobby over haul again you are not informed so you just assume this was a mistake on their part. You would be pleased to lean for once that instead of this being a misfire this was actually an attempt from GLU to better create a cheat prevention tool for the game. In the middle of creating this tool they realized something had been wrong and they fixed it to better serve the users. It did cause us to have to relearn tunes and create some new setups but to me anything that helps create a tool to stop cheating I"m all for.

As for the accounts that do mass chargebacks, again your uninformed. Rich himself would run scans weekly to ban those accounts and ones that were receiving vehicles from these accounts. It's almost humorous to see someone complaining about this without knowing that this was being done. Just because they don't send out a mass email letting you know they are doing something about something doesn't mean they aren't doing anything about it.

As for Ghost Shifting, GLU LBC knows Ghost Shifting is cheating and was looking into ways to stop this because it was not supposed to happen and affect the game the way it does. The only think that sucks is that Ghost Shifting is part of the original code of the game and changing that would be like doing heart and brain surgery at the same time. This may be something we just have to learn to deal with for a while till another big update comes down the road.

As for members on the council being "all for it". They are realist, we fought to stop this and trust me still do. But they have come to accept the fact that this isn't going any where any time soon. So you either adjust and adapt or don't try to race them when you see them. Ghosting is done every day in all lobbies and if you aren't prepared for it then there is no one to blame but yourself.

As for the launch key, they have already sent out a photo showing why the launch button is failing. Aim a bit higher and you should be fine and you should see a fix for this in the next release out.

As for the shot on the council you don't know anything about us so please don't bother taking shots. The council represents all aspects of the community in one way or another and represents all types of playing styles.

If you or anyone else has any other questions please feel free to ask away or just contact me with them.

https://www.Facebook.com/VGUSesko

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited January 2017
    @eXxPLoSiOn you just glu agree GS is cheating and exploit. So would you go so far as to say Grim would be the biggest cheater? As he is the main guy and for runner of ghost shifting? Meaning basically his whole page is now trash? Just a q?
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
    Thanks for the proper response. You are correct on me being uninformed on some issues . I didn't realize that they where going to shut the game down and start over I'm glad they didn't do that . I'm glad that they agree about ghost shifting also hopefully that will be fixed eventually at the this point in time I am adapting to ghosting even learning how even though I don't agree with it . The launch key issue I know is being addressed but there is also many times nos doesn't go off and sometimes the shifter will not shift and it's Not because of my device . I have a iPhone 7 . About the council how many of them actually play the game on a elite level 3 maybe . I just hope carbonated does a better job addressing issues . I know the glu team at Long Beach tried but ultimately failed us all and we are now at breaking point .
    dwdtuning said:

@eXxPLoSiOn you just glu agree GS is cheating and exploit. So would you go so far as to say Grim would be the biggest cheater? As he is the main guy and for runner of ghost shifting? Meaning basically his whole page is now trash? Just a q?

To ME it's cheating but it's an acceptable cheating as stupid as that might sound. Daniel knowing that nothing will be done any time soon as many LEGIT good people who are racers in game have come to terms with having to adapt or having their ass handed to them over and over by people who are taking part in this. What is worse is that the system that they have designed to see what times are acceptable will test every shift at every shift point in every gear possible. So by the system ghost shifting is in fact a legit time even though we all know the process which produces these times is anything but legit.
    Kevo said:

Thanks for the proper response. You are correct on me being uninformed on some issues . I didn't realize that they where going to shut the game down and start over I'm glad they didn't do that . I'm glad that they agree about ghost shifting also hopefully that will be fixed eventually at the this point in time I am adapting to ghosting even learning how even though I don't agree with it . The launch key issue I know is being addressed but there is also many times nos doesn't go off and sometimes the shifter will not shift and it's Not because of my device . I have a iPhone 7 . About the council how many of them actually play the game on a elite level 3 maybe . I just hope carbonated does a better job addressing issues . I know the glu team at Long Beach tried but ultimately failed us all and we are now at breaking point .

I honestly think that nos and launch comes from the game not being able to do two things at the exact second. I'm not sure and really there is no way of proving it but I've also experienced where I could swear on my marbles I nailed a launch and nitrous hit but the nitrous never kicks on.

As for the council I can tell you that weekly multiple members compete. Rod the "living legend" as I call him brought his team back a few months ago and those guys haven't missed a top 25. Pig loves to compete weekly in turf and also in tourneys around the community many of which he wins without issue. With people like me and Daniel being normal every day players becomes hard. Daniel dedicates hours a week to perfecting his tunes all the while also having to take time to maintain his massively successful page where they keep all the known records for each vehicle. I'm always trying to mine data or working on the site or producing a video and any down time i have is with my kids. I still join random teams and turf with them I just don't make a big deal about it like I used to. I've been on 12 teams in the last 13 weeks and not one of them broke into the top 100 but all were a great experience and provided me with some good insight into the workings of up and coming teams.

As for the team at GLU LBC, we will never know what could have came from them because of GLU and their mistakes. They pushed games that weren't good and in return the games that were good suffered. You don't ask a studio that has produced racing games for 15 years to build a gingerbread house acid trip of a video game, but that's honestly neither here nor there. What is happening now is a chance for the game to be brought back to life and hopefully it will happen. My fingers are crossed and I'm prepared to help these dudes in any way I can and I hope all of you will do the same.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko