Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Why 68 when it could be 81?

Scott1874Scott1874 Registered Users 2,731 Posts
Why do people hate NOS so much? I see alot of people with R class would rather tune them to 68 and get around 70 turf points for a win. If the car was maxed and was 80/81 a win gets from what I've seen upto 139 points.

I just don't understand why people hate a car which is maxed out with NOS when it's faster and is more than capable at beating R2 and some R3 classes and not everyone can get a perfect launch every time.

Comments

• mikewyszmikewysz Registered Users 541 Posts
    Sigh.....
  • Scott1874Scott1874 Registered Users 2,731 Posts
    Care to explain then @mikewysz ?
    edited December 2016
    Many reasons why NOS sucks, one is that it if u want a lobby tuned car most of them will have better times with a tune without NOS, nos makes the rating go up high without really doing much. If you're an R class and ur maxed is let's say 80,78,81 then you will most likely lose to cars with 83,84 and now 85 with the Agera RS. And maxed cars have high, engine stress and it's pain if u don't have a dick load of cars. There are other reasons most likely but I'm too lazy to really type them out
    And some cars like let's say 370z RE or S2k RE have higher 63 or 68 times than most cars that are the same rating, so then you can win pinks and get hundred of points from one race
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    yes ^^^^^^
    its just tuning freedom
    even if its "maxed" it doesnt bring the value up, brings it down because people just hate not being able to tune easier
    You get more points from a max R car though. I've got a Rotana which is maxed and I was getting between 115 and 139 for a win. I won 5 out of 8 races with it. I understand if it's the only car, but those who turf have a selection of cars to choose from.
    Then keep maxing your cars if you love it so much
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @Scott1874 so you get 8 races maxed.. and you lost 3. you won 5=700pts That's 400 pts you missed out in cause you lost.. now at 68 you'll get 16-20 races @ say70-80 pts per.. now if you win 14 you get 980. And lose 6 you lose 360pts. Plus you'll be against other 68's not cars that are higher rated 83,84,85....
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    Thanks @aubassplayer. I better start getting tunes for 63 and 68 then lol.
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    @Scott1874 you know, the only lobby isnt maxed.....
    tune to 50, 63, 68 w/o nos less engine damage and lots of killer tunes out there
  • regan21regan21 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Im constantly explaining that to people
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    I hate it because it fails so often
  • kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    A lot of people don't like nos for many reasons. Fails half the time. Most of the killers tunes are no nos. Nos degrades the value because of the fact that once put you can't take off meaning only lobby to go is max. No nos is much easier to run
  • GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    Would it be to much to ask if in the future carbinated could possibly give us a option to install nos.......then maybe take it back off? Same for turbo and supercharger? Thoughts guys?
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @GOFastGarage no way
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    @dwdtuning why do you say that?