Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

x

dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
edited January 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
@[rr] sparkle

@[rr] sage

It's been almost a month and this still hasn't been fixed. Your pm and pic and explanation of how to use "half" launch button is obsurd and played out. You want your loyal players to spend $$$ but can't even fix the graphics overlap in a timely manner to fix the launch button. It's the main part of the game. I'm glad you all are getting layed off. I'd rather see the game shut down then see you clowns run it any deeper down the drain.

Monkeys

~~~~~~

@[rr] dupe please save our game
★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)

Comments

• Options
    CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    edited January 2017
    Really D-Dub ? You know the rule about usin the Clown word in a bad way...tsk tsk tsk...you're grounded

Hehe :)

• Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    edited January 2017
    I have not had much problems with the shift button until I started my hand at GSing or Play on my tablet. I found gs hard and I was slow shifting using my thumbs so I sat the phone doen and use my pointer fingers. Well in doing so I was hitting the launch but not in the top half portion. Also for some strange reason on the bigger tablet screen it seems much harder to hit the smaller launch button.

I hope they do some kind of compensation for this. Either a large sum of gems (no less than 500imo) or some Free Ferrari Crates (and dont be stingy) after all this is a major F up and imo and easy "hot fix" that should of been taken care of hrs after the 6.1 update.
  • Options
    The problem is its in the code. So it can't be hot fixed. It has to be sent for approval from apple and google. They aren't just gonna sent that in by its self. They are gonna wait till a larger update. Which is absolutely horse shyt and pathetic. That is the main reason why I try ed to lobby the 6.1 till after xmas break. Every single release from GLU LB has been a disaster. Including this one.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    They're not gonna do any kind in compensation. Cause in their mind the game is still playable.. without any probs.. smh...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I personally don't want any compensation.

I WANT THE FKN GAME FIXED!

Or shut the mfer down. The longer we go with half a game the easier it is for the real racers that pay the light bills to leave. When the $ leaves. The game is no more. Simple as that

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I have said for a little while now they need to be careful before they go the way of Dena west. And as far as I can see Dena cared a lot more for their player base then Glu has. Their forum community reps are a giant joke compaired to the guys at Dena/mobage and that entire company shut down.
  • Options
    @JohnKIV hope @[rr] dupe and his crew of beast can turn it around. Strip all the bs that's weighing the game down. And get back to PINKS. That's what makes RR what it is.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    D4NG3R 72D4NG3R 72 Registered Users 1,399 Posts
    I haven't raced in a while, lost a car yesterday because I didn't know about this, was left at start line, game still laggy, just read about game could change hands, hope it can be saved, until then I'm out.
  • Options
    antjciullaantjciulla Registered Users 130 Posts
    Just give them time; it may be difficult to find out why it is overlapping or what error / bug is causing this issue. I am sure they are working as fast as they can to get this fixed. Just think about this, if the game does not work, then people will not play or spend money in the game, which is there main income source. So believe me they are working on it.
    IGN: antjciulla

• Options
    @antjciulla plenty of time has been given. The cause is know and the fix is easy. Not hard to recode a graffics overlap. What would have been even easier would have been to test the update before they released it. Which they didn't. I told ryyst about the launch button 5 minutes after update went live. Absolutely fking pathetic.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    dwdtuning said:

@antjciulla plenty of time has been given. The cause is know and the fix is easy. Not hard to recode a graffics overlap. What would have been even easier would have been to test the update before they released it. Which they didn't. I told ryyst about the launch button 5 minutes after update went live. Absolutely fking pathetic.

Well then, let us just hope they do not do this game like they did Nitto Legends and let the plethora of issues cause the game to break. They were to focused on adding new content to the game rather than fix the outstanding issues that were preventing people from playing the game, getting cheated out of cars or getting part's stolen off there cars. @eXxPLoSiOn knows I have been around with CIE Games and now GLU for a while. They have there issues; but just give them a chance. I think they will make it work. There not just going to let this game die like the others.

Also you claim it is an "easy fix", are you a programmer or have you ever seen the inside of a complex application such as this one? What becomes difficult in programming is one programmer will make something work one way and then if you change it you may fix that one issue but cause 5 more issues to pop up, hence making it very difficult to fix. Glu may or may not have tried to address the issue or may be working on a fix for the issue currently without breaking the game. Everyone just wants a hotfix update for something like this but then a plethora of other issues will arrise. They will get to it. Just be patient and let these people do there jobs.

• Options
    @antjciulla if you read up I've already posted in can't be hot fixed. They have already let the plethra of problems break the game. The team working on the game got shyt canned cause they can't do their jobs. No I'm not a programer and according to most GLU employees that had their hands in RR being layed off, neither were they. This isn't rocket science, the main reason it hasn't been fixed cause its an actual change. Which has to be sumited to apple and Google and approved. They aren't going to send a update for just launch button. Which again in my eyes is fking pathetic.

I bet if graffics were over lapped to were we couldn't buy any gems they would have sent it in Jan.2. When Google and Apple got back Xmas break.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    @dwdtuning from what I understood how CIE Games use to work they had a bunch of developers that were like graphic design and outsourced most coding to a not full time programmer. I do not know how GLU works.
    dwdtuning said:

I bet if graffics were over lapped to were we couldn't buy any gems they would have sent it in Jan.2. When Google and Apple got back Xmas break.

This made me giggle. I gotta give it to you there.

• Options
    @antjciulla they did everything in house. After the last two years of running unto the ground. They have now brought in outsourced programmers. If Carbanated can't trim that fat and turn profit RR will be just another bad memory

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    dwdtuning said:

@antjciulla they did everything in house. After the last two years of running unto the ground. They have now brought in outsourced programmers. If Carbanated can't trim that fat and turn profit RR will be just another bad memory

Just like Nitto. So they did the same crap that they did to nitto then.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    http://i.imgur.com/cZknMiA.png

Yet another launch button failed. Yall dang thieves gonna replace all our cars? Doubt it.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

http://i.imgur.com/cZknMiA.png

Yet another launch button failed. Yall (colorful metaphor) thieves gonna replace all our cars? Doubt it. So glad you all are getting and got fired. (colorful metaphor).

We know. It's frustrating, but It's fixed in the next build which will be out hopefully soon. Let's just step back a bit and see what's happening though. The game is transitioning to a new studio. Yes, it happened at an inopportune time and has caused a lot of inconvenience for everyone. There is a lot going on between the Glu Long Beach studio and Carbonated. Some of it is getting the next fix out, but let's try and give them a little space, the changes for most of those folks were sudden and rocked their world so to speak, I know. Needless to say, a wrench was tossed into the works and the next fix build was probably delayed while the house of Rivals gets it's cards in a row.

I also know patience is a lot to ask given whats happened over the last few months, and yes, it's not the best situation, but it is what it is. Once the transition between the companies is complete things should start to get back on track and run smoother and Carbonated is definitely in for the long haul, they see the same issues a lot of you see and also want fix it.

So yeah, no one is resting on their laurels, quite the opposite really, lot's going on, a lot of it though is going through the growing pains of handing off Rivals to a new company, and that will take time so its done right. I just ask a little faith that this will al work out for the better.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    @[rr] ryyst 10-4 chief.

I just want the game fixed. I love the game simple as that. As pain in buns I am if you think I just complaints you blind. We give you your stage again.I take break till we getting going. Best for everyone breaks.

Please close chief

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    That's what we want too. To fix what needs fixing.
    dwdtuning said:

@[rr] ryyst 10-4 chief.

I just want the game fixed. I love the game simple as that. As pain in buns I am if you think I just complaints you blind. We give you your stage again.I take break till we getting going. Best for everyone breaks.

Please close chief

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    :)

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options