Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst's Blog #9 - I'm back!

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited January 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
Hey Everyone!

It’s me Ryyst and I'm pleased to say that I am back! I’ve signed on with Carbonated to continue being the Community Manager for Racing Rivals!

Let me start off by saying that we are very committed to Racing Rivals and will do what we can to make sure the game continues to be an awesome, fun, exhilarating experience for all players.

Additionally I'd like to grow the community and expand everyone's involvement with the game! What kinds of things will I will be working on?
  • Be more responsive and be more transparent
  • Keep you all informed of new ideas we have and gather feedback
  • Organize the first Carbonated Rivals Sumit
  • Exploring new Social Channels
  • Use existing social channels more
  • Increase our presence within the Rivals communities outside of the “Official” pages
  • Highlight these communities and community members
  • And more!
First things first though. We definitely want to concentrate on fixes and changes that need to be made. We’ll be looking into all the issues that have been reported on since 6.0 launched as well as some from before. Once the transition is complete we’ll get started on those things as well as plan for the long term.

Be sure to follow us on all our social pages to keep up to date with news and info!

Facebook:
Racing Rivals: https://www.facebook.com/GluRacingRivals/

Twitter:
@RacingRivals

Instagram
racingrivals

And follow me on Facebook!
Ryyst Rivals

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Welcome back chief. ... Backs away slowly.

Launch button chief.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

Welcome back chief. ... Backs away slowly.

Launch button chief.

I responded to your post

• CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    This is good new's, regardless of what some of these , ...too be nice....."millennials" may have or will say..

• StevoVIIIStevoVIII Registered Users 33 Posts
    Cough

Take the game back to last update before lobby switch. No apk, no cheats, the speed index wasn't screw aka no more ghost shifting and put game play first. Instead oh hey the launch button is overlapped so it might cause launch issue oh and btw here's a new racer club and xxx crates.
  • PIGP3NPIGP3N Registered Users 212 Posts
    Welcome back Ryyst! These are exciting times for us racers! Can wait to see the new direction and possibilities that await.
  • GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    Welcome back!! Although a few things need addressed, excited to see where rr will go with carbinated!
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    What a joke .

IGN : 1320killer
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    Welcome back boss.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • antjciullaantjciulla Registered Users 130 Posts

Hey Everyone!

It’s me Ryyst and I'm pleased to say that I am back! I’ve signed on with Carbonated to continue being the Community Manager for Racing Rivals!

Let me start off by saying that we are very committed to Racing Rivals and will do what we can to make sure the game continues to be an awesome, fun, exhilarating experience for all players.

Additionally I'd like to grow the community and expand everyone's involvement with the game! What kinds of things will I will be working on?

• Be more responsive and be more transparent
    • Keep you all informed of new ideas we have and gather feedback
    • Organize the first Carbonated Rivals Sumit
    • Exploring new Social Channels
    • Use existing social channels more
    • Increase our presence within the Rivals communities outside of the “Official” pages
    • Highlight these communities and community members
    • And more!
    First things first though. We definitely want to concentrate on fixes and changes that need to be made. We’ll be looking into all the issues that have been reported on since 6.0 launched as well as some from before. Once the transition is complete we’ll get started on those things as well as plan for the long term.

Be sure to follow us on all our social pages to keep up to date with news and info!

Facebook:
    Racing Rivals: https://www.facebook.com/GluRacingRivals/

Twitter:
    @RacingRivals

Instagram
    racingrivals

And follow me on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/RivalsRyyst

Yay Welcome Back!
    IGN: antjciulla

• The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    Glad to have you back in the driver's seat El Capitan
  • Mr_BeanMr_Bean Registered Users 12 Posts
    Lol. Did they give you a salary hike?
  • LexdramaLexdrama Registered Users 24 Posts
    Hello Ryyst.looks like carbonated learned if it ain't broke don't fix it. I am leader of drama Kingz and I am extending my hand out to you if you need any help or suggestions. Anything I can do to help you just let me know. I love the game and I don't want to see it go away. Thanks again
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Lex is retired he doesn't count.. Welcome back. Any chance we get our old lobby ratings back?
    StevoVIII said:

Cough

Take the game back to last update before lobby switch. No apk, no cheats, the speed index wasn't screw aka no more ghost shifting and put game play first. Instead oh hey the launch button is overlapped so it might cause launch issue oh and btw here's a new racer club and xxx crates.

Unfortunately, reverting the game to a previous state is practically an impossibility. We understand, the state of the game before the lobby fix was to a sense "ideal" for most players.

The modded APK stuff was coincidental. Hackers hack, always. Eventually these guys figure out how to break stuff. When we stopped it, they even said they would figure it out eventually, it just might take months... and it did. We were good for a couple of months. Just happened to coincide with the new update.

Ghost Shifting existed before the lobby change as well, just wasn't as prevalent. It's a "flaw" in the way racing works currently. It's something we will address once things settle down with the transition.

Once the game has transitioned, we will be looking at everything in game and looking at all the issues being reported by the players and we'll determine the best course of action. We just need some time during this transition period.

Lex is retired he doesn't count.. Welcome back. Any chance we get our old lobby ratings back?

If you are talking about the change made back in July, most likely not. That was a fix, a needed fix. Leaving it would have caused more issues in the long run. So yeah, it... well... sucked to have that change, in order to help us stop cheating and glitches and APK modifiers, we needed to pull that trigger.

The problem was that we didn't know the impact the change we made was. If we did, we would have tried to better prepare everyone for it.

• DeynnispDeynnisp Registered Users 123 Posts
    @Ryyst ; any word on new turf price cars? What about new cars in general and if so can you elaborate on which cars are to be added and how soon?

Thanks,
  • TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
    edited January 2017
  • RAULMADERORAULMADERO Registered Users 3 Posts
    back! Chief , please Add new body kits and more tuning parts of al cars!
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    Welcome back buddy. :) Now maybe you'll elaborate on how you got your name, Ryyst? You left us with the cliff hanger question. :p
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    I'd also like to know how Rich become Sir Ryyst.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    null
    I messaged him the about the same thing
  • Ravi_NakamaraRavi_Nakamara Registered Users 1,982 Posts
    I think you solve ghost shifting by allowing the adjustment of gear ratios.
  • Ravi_NakamaraRavi_Nakamara Registered Users 1,982 Posts
    Personally, I love doing it on Pixel Car Racer, and I think it would add an extra level of competition to the game, seeing who can get the best times in lobbies.
  • DualShocker182DualShocker182 Registered Users 5,257 Posts
    Welcome back :)

IGN: DualShocker182
    "Rapper, Memer, and Lobby-Cleaner"

The Player Council suggested that. It's been discussed. Maybe we'll revisit the suggestion

• CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts

The Player Council suggested that. It's been discussed. Maybe we'll revisit the suggestion
    I can think of several ways adding gear ratio's , would actually aid in ghost shifting..
    I know a lot of people voice their dis-like on the issue of ghosting, but I for one have come to somewhat ,enjoy it.
    It has almost become an art, .. finding the right tune, looking at the dyno graph to decide shifts and patterns, or deciding the car doesnt ghost... Then you have to be able to drive it.. Much more difficult to hit that "perfect" time...And if you do... usually only a few 10 th's faster than a non gosted car..
    I believe any measures taken to try to combat "ghosting",.. would end up causing much more problem's... Turn into another "lobby rating change" disaster.

We need launch button, and turf point correction immanently. .
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Easy way to fix ghost shifting. No car in game has a 1st to 2nd shift faster than .25 or 1/4 of a sec. And to ghost shift you have to shift faster than .12. so make the game where the shifts can't be closer than .25. if shifted faster the game wouldn't recognize the 2nd shift. .. therefore eliminating ghost shifting.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • ZacharySage1738ZacharySage1738 Registered Users 7,066 Posts
    Welcome back big man. Glad to see you back, hope to see improvement. Especially in terms of presenting a positive image for your colleagues. And a positive image for future players. :)

Btw ur picture on Facebook gives me chills.
  • Dimitri33Dimitri33 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Add the Hennessy Venom

Welcome back big man. Glad to see you back, hope to see improvement. Especially in terms of presenting a positive image for your colleagues. And a positive image for future players. :)

Btw ur picture on Facebook gives me chills.

The bunny?