Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Hello RR community members!

Comments

• JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    When mine messes up im having to guess my drops and adjust because the frame rate is horribly below 60 fps.. im even having to guess my shifts.. if i hit a perfect shift according to the video it shifts late every time.. video and server data is different and not running together or what? and its on every single race from the first turf race to the last. If i go to tourney with only 4 people in a blocked lobby it runs perfectly fine.
  • JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts

[RR] Dupe said:

C y r u s said:

Dahater I play on an iPhone 7s that's 2 months old and only have one app downloaded, racing rivals, and the game still lags. Please tell me how it's my phone.

Hey Cyrus (and anyone else having this issue), can you be as explicit as possible here? What exactly happens to you? Is it your first race, 10th race, all races? Only PVP, in PvE as well? Any other circumstances?

I'm saw something while my wife was playing last night on her Galaxy S6 that I would characterize as a "frame drop" not lag.

Let me give you MY definitions of the two (Lag and Frame Drops)
    - Lag is when your input happens AFTER you do the action due to 1) input or video lag (you might see video lag when playing Rock Band on a big screen TV through HDMI) or 2) internet latency (my ping to the server is 300 ping, therefore my movement happens .3 seconds after i press the button.
    - Frame Drops would be any time the frame rate actually drops below the constant 30/60 that the game normally plays at.

What I saw was after her 15th or so race, her next race ran at a smooth frame rate for the first 3 seconds or so, then hitched (or dropped) multiple frames a few times as she shifted down the track.

Are you seeing either of these, or is it something else entirely? Please let me know!
    Pretty cool your wife plays the game with you. Mine does as well but she gets upset when people use lobby tuned cars against her and winds up just going back to watching Nashville.

As for the lag, it's not really a lag that people are experiencing it's more of a device failure to display the game properly. It was honestly much worse before they reverted back to the current graphics but if you wanted to experience what most people are talking about go to your gamer profile in game scroll down and activate advanced graphics.

Activating this option will give even the best of devices a run for their money and will give you the experience that a low end phone provides the racer that is sometimes confused with lag.
    On my s7 edge on att it runs 100% smooth a.f. bro. Nothe even a hiccup in lag or fps issues its all my other phones that are lower cpu power and quality. Low end devices are going to struggle a bit. My HTC desire 626s will work for maybe an hour of tuning before death but in turfs in a lobby with the replays constantly running and the sound effects.. the cpu heats up like crazy and only can turf about 40 minutes.. and i mean hot. I'm a metal roofer so i can take some heat on my hands but this thing stings when it gets cooking on racing rivals
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    That's funny you say that because my wifes s7 edge is the one that I use when I'm racing. My device if I try racing I have to shove it in the freezer and stand there while keeping it from over heating lol
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Well the first racer club you did was a huge success
    Killed the value of 3 things but we got a cheap racer club with awesome prices
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

edited January 2017

Well the first racer club you did was a huge success
    Killed the value of 3 things but we got a cheap racer club with awesome prices

Wasn't done by them mate was done by the people still there with GLU. The value of the vehicles when taking into consideration the real cost of 5k gems is dead on.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Better then a 800$ Enzo @eXxPLoSiOn

• JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I wonder if you guys plan on doing more about under age ppl offering to send nudes in global chat than Glu does. I see it constantly and feel it should be a account ban if reported.
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Nope...they say there's nuthin they can do...we've had this discussion already @JohnKIV

• JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @CircusOfSins read the last comment in that thread you posted. Lol

Better then a 800$ Enzo @eXxPLoSiOn

When you take away everything else that you got from the journey to an Enzo, it makes the real value of the Enzo a lot less then the gems you had to use to add up to get the free vehicle. I know that sounds silly but it's the truth. The Enzo at the end of the day was a free car.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
    @eXxPLoSiOn yah it was but I'm just trying to say the car is better performing and nicer looking then a Enzo at 1/8 the gem reward tear

• antjciullaantjciulla Registered Users 130 Posts
    Welcome to the community.
    IGN: antjciulla

• DietzstructionDietzstruction Registered Users 666 Posts
    What's up with the summit?
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    Nice to meet you. 5 Highest priorities for most dedicated players: #1) no cheaters!, 2)Smooth gameplay (60 fps! & no frame drops!!! It was great in version 5.x and prior, maybe you can ask GLU how to revert their huge mistake), 3)customer service that isn't Emily!!! 4)Readable font size and font in dyno charts! 5)And free gems to catch us all up from the cheaters that took pur cars that GLU refused to return!
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    Please feel free to contact for elaboration.
  • DeynnispDeynnisp Registered Users 123 Posts
    Welcome and thank you for the introductions and explanation as to what you are about and what are some of the plans going forward in RR. I hope we (RR community) can developed a great working relationship with you and your team..and yes please tackle few of the bothersome topics such as PC usage and auto programs that comes with PC usage. Make it an level playing field for the entire RR community.

Respectfully yours
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Guys he ain't answering.. made 1 post. Hasn't been back since..... Smfh
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @aubassplayer he was on @ 10am dude lol. Research bud
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    @dwdtuning on and answering questions asked is 2 different things..
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @aubassplayer i didn't say he was answers :p
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    @dwdtuning true lolol
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    edited January 2017
    Give him time t'get acclimated to his new position...I'd much rather idle in and watch for a bit to find the pulse of the community than to jump in guns blazin and make promises I may not be able t'keep...it won't happen over night...messes like the ones they were tasked to clean up take time... I've been on this game for 2+ years...I can hold on a bit longer

Good Luck Carbonated :)

@CircusOfSins I hope they can get this game going strong again.
  • [RR] Dupe[RR] Dupe Moderators 21 Posts

Guys he ain't answering.. made 1 post. Hasn't been back since..... Smfh

I'm here - but as you can imagine, we're juggling TONS of things. I have answered many questions (privately, and in context) but havent been super active publicly. I've been on a few different Facebook groups, talking in PM's with many different people, all while trying to learn / plan / document / continue the live service of this game (among other less obvious operational things).

We're super close to getting our full time community person - hang in there and give us the benefit of the doubt folks!
    @[RR]Dupe ok thx. Nothing about gold crates being jacked up?
  • Mr_BeanMr_Bean Registered Users 12 Posts
    yoyo!! superb
  • Mr_BeanMr_Bean Registered Users 12 Posts
    whats going on dupe?
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    Congrats on jumpin right into a mess lol hope to hear more from ya in the future good luck and welcome to the team.
  • The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    Just want to take a quick minute to thank all the forum members who have kept this topic clean and respectful.

Always keep in mind that even if you don't see them respond on the topic, the staff members are watching, and the wheels are constantly turning behind the scenes.

Also remember, with the transition in progress, they are very, very busy people.