Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

What does the game need?

Comments

• greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    Holy new accounts Batman! Seems like the people want their voices heard.

I'm all for the collecting and customization of cars, to be honest i dont remember the last time I actually raced a person down the track. Not sure if this is due to me being lazy or just the fact that the one race I happen to actually do I 1) get light lagged 2) other player or myself get disconnected 3) other player is cheating.

That being said I wish that there were more opportunities to obtain " rare" or "very low drop rate" items such as bodykits,lights,wheels or even cars. An example of this would be from the first Honda crate with the gold TSX, Silver wagon and bronze nsx. All of those cars were near IMPOSSIBLE to obtain dude to the super low crate drop rate which crated the very high demand for them from other players. I believe that Carbonated Inc has a massive opportunity to cater to the collectors and customizers in the game if they implement this into the game somehow.
  • itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts
    we need to have more giveaway events like how cie did with the game..also we need to be able to change he theme music to the old music
  • Superhemi3365Superhemi3365 Registered Users 3 Posts
    This game needs a way to send boost to teammates during turf.
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    For me addition exhaust sounds/tones would be cool. Some cars exhaust really don't match the car. I've been in the car business for 30 years so im pretty familiar with how a car should sound. might just be me. more color choices, rim selection, options for different custom add ons etc. Like maybe an option to make a car a wide body looking car or extremely lowered etc. Blow off valve option on turbo. I guess im more about customizing then how fast a car can go. If the global chat is still running even when you turn it off does it slow the game performance down? if so than maybe an option to delete it. Perfect launch should count on all aspects of the game. I miss the road flares. they looked pretty cool. Thanks for putting this post up for questions. :)
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    shoot I forgot. it would be nice to save different headlight and underglow on your car. maybe you decide to change the color and if you have saved different headlight you would be able to change them out and not loose them. Same with the underglow and crate paints.
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited February 2017
    NOS removal and Gear Ratio tuning

Remove the annoying clicking sound on every click and remove the star wars sounds on launch and at the finish line.

More lightning in the Garage it looks like a cave
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    Once the core of the game is fixed and features are able to be set, make it so that you can adjust your shift marker light RPMs. If a player knows when to shift each gear and wants indicators to show it as a perfect shift...that would make it much more real to the world.
  • shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    Accessory crate would be cool for sure.

An option to buy 10 showroom cars at once like crates would be nice.

Copying tunes would be amazing

More rrc cars is always exciting for those who don't have gems.

Have showdowns for cars more frequently, but not every week to keep it special.

In racer clubs, please stop putting old first place wheels in and start putting in the new generations of first place rims. Getting the values of our old rims destroyed is really frustrating.

And don't add nos removal please. It ruins the economy for all the older players.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

• andrew627andrew627 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Please please please allow for multi car purchases. Like instead of only being able to purchase 1 svt cobra at a time make it to where you can buy 10 or 20
  • walshewalshe Registered Users 6 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Racing rivals is a fun game but it needs to be able to tune your gears,see how much boost your turbocharger is doing and be able to adjust and lastly rims should be able to be painted and each car needs their realistic sound
  • clahckclahck Registered Users 7 Posts
    The team options are a lot better now. Leaders have more control which is good. But there are a couple of things that need to be fixed.
    1) the scores need to go back to being in order from lowest to highest. That lets teammates easily know who is at the bottom or top quickly. Not sure why it ever changed because the way it is now doesn't make sense at all.
    2) as soon as turf ends, all the players' points disappear. We have no idea who scored what. That is a problem for 2 reasons
    - many teams give rewards to top scorers beyond what the game gives them for good performances.
    - Also, if you are recruiting someone or if someone applies, they cannot see what the team scored so they cannot make an informed decision as to whether or not to join that team.

Thanks
  • RonindramakingzRonindramakingz Registered Users 1 Posts
    Removal of Rims and be able to keep them in your inventory.
    I know it will ruin the value of a lot of cars but its worth it!
  • streetxxracer22streetxxracer22 Registered Users 1,094 Posts
    I think that the races should have the distance of the race and indicates where u are in the race, basically how far away from finishing
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Being able to remove nos would be great. Alot of car are useless with nos.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • superbeast666superbeast666 Registered Users 2,001 Posts
    fix it where you can see what rims are purchased on car
    ign superbeast75
    My Voucher
  • RR_JIMMY_SRR_JIMMY_S Registered Users 1 Posts
    I think the game needs the old soundtrack back! From when CIE were in control of the game. Do you remember it?

Secondly I think you guys at glu should refresh the turf crates as many people are simply bored of what are in the turf crates right now. P.S. DO NOT add turf cars from the 2016/17 era as people will get real pissed, add old turf cars from the old days 2014/15!

Thanks!
  • LexdramaLexdrama Registered Users 24 Posts
    New York first place perk is useless. Please change it. Diver challenge tripple pay out literally doesn't pay at all. That's why us as a team do not race every new york
  • Arielber7Arielber7 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I would most definitely like a trading mode, this is requested by many players im pretty sure.
  • Arielber7Arielber7 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Also this game could use custom vinyls(decals) for 1mil rrc each..
  • Htx713 NHtx713 N Registered Users 105 Posts
    Sorry , @legitkingz but people have spent countless hours building their garage so they can get t100 cars , it's not easy at all lol
  • NoName3NoName3 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Add a system for car trades, the idea should be simple, make a new part on the map that says "trading" and when people join the lobby and someone joins them by the profile with the car they wanted to trade, one person challenges the other and if they both accept swap their cars
  • djkillerdjkiller Registered Users 1 Posts
    I just want a free car bc for new Christmas and new years there was no free car. That really let me down
  • U_Rasie_PinksU_Rasie_Pinks Registered Users 289 Posts
    A skyline re would show you are listening to what we are saying but ontop of this we want to see new car brands the more the better and we want you to start releasing the first place wheels off all the first place cars that have wheels locked take it back to the old way we want to put those rims on our cars but instead they are locked to 20 cars all the same also your support team has stepped up there game and thank you for that you are doing well there now only other suggestion I would like to make is more prizes for teams under t100-250 something better than just creats but not the car maybe just the wheels
  • regan21regan21 Registered Users 7 Posts
    The game really needs easier ways to get gems. Alot of us can't afford to dump money into the game. An it's hard when every time there's a new car it costs gems an I'm starting to realize that the majority of the cars that are actually worth owning an racing I can't get with out the gems. An the offer boards are a joke as I've been waiting for over a month to recieve 32000 gems that I spent money to get on the offer board an fyber does not help they just keep telling me I'm not giving them the proof they need when I have sent them numerous copies of receipts an confirmation emails for doing the offers.
  • andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
    The game needs more Mercedes
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    ac3s said:

Wheelies of the launch for certain type cars , when hit nos flames out the exhuast , nos removal and realistic sound for each car and more body kits for cars and bring the Hennessey venom gt

Some cool flare, got it.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

What we need is social buttons too add to our profiles on the game, so I can gain more Youtube subscribers

What is your you tube channel?

edited February 2017
    Great Ideas everyone!

I'll update the list in the first comment soon so you can see what I've added from the posts. Sorry I can't reply to each one. there are a few suggestions I'll speak about in a bit though.

For those who've welcomed me back, thanks! I won't get into details, bu I'm glad I'm here to be able to speak with you all while the transition is happening. I know a lot of you have your reservations, but this should be a good thing for Rivals and you, the Players.

As for some of you remarking about new accounts, yeah, I posted a link to this thread on Facebook, so I'm sure some new peeps came from there.

• D4NG3R 72D4NG3R 72 Registered Users 1,399 Posts
    I said it before, a salvage yard would be good, pay some gems too rip apart say a civic and put all the goodies into my inventory paint, rims etc then crush the pos
    D4NG3R 72 said:

I said it before, a salvage yard would be good, pay some gems too rip apart say a civic and put all the goodies into my inventory paint, rims etc then crush the pos

That is intriguing.