Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst's Blog #9 - I'm back!

2Next

Comments

• DerangedMenaceDerangedMenace Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Dimitri33 said:

Add the Hennessy Venom

Lay off the sauce bro, you seem to have Hennessey on the brain. Lol
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://communities.glu.com/racing-rivals/discussion/5354646/derangedmenace-vouch-page-285#latest
  • PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
    How about letting iphone users use emojis again

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    You see my idea for ghosting??
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    Besides fixing what's broken currently.... you know, getting gameplay back to how smooth and nice it was before 6.x patch (or shall I say, the bomb), dropped frames on launch, launch button issues, lack of 60 frames/second on a very capable device, etc...

It would be real nice to be able to filter cars to a typed in rating. For example, all cars that are 1663.
  • JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    We need
    Damage free testing
    During this free test we need an option for boost to be on/off and free boost during test run as we don't get money for completing the race the boost shouldn't be a big issue other than what adding free boost in test might break or alter in the game itself or in multi.
    I for one would love to see bikes introduced. There is no high end graphics app available with nice bikes. Much less bikes versus cars. I'll sell and give away almost every car in my garage for bikes on here.
    More truck models, as some of us would love to see some old school trucks even if they aren't going to be the best times or lobby tunes.
    And frame rate. Is there not a way to adjust the resolution and frame rate to better suit phones 1 year and older? Some phones are so outdated on gpu and everything else that it just looks leggy. My HTC desire looks great and runs perfect like the previous 6.0 updates in tourney. Go to showdown or turfs and the frame rate drops so bado you have to guess when to launch and shift by the sound of your car since the audio is on point but the cars rpm and speed aren't, i know because I can still hit 8.7s / .6s and perfect launch my evo 8s by sound. Log in on my S7 Edge and it runs flawlessly, even with global chat on, cars being delivered notices, team chat and running Pandora One and facebook messenger in the background. No frame drops, no connectivity issues with lobbies and they load within 10 seconds or less.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    @JSE Racing You can test drive any car you have without incurring damage and without using boost.
    @Roush Sport how? Test track accumulates damage when you leave it..
    @aubassplayer Pick your car. Go into upgrade menu. If you want boost, turn it on. If not, leave it off. Put your device in airplane mode. Hit test drive. Run to your hearts content. Once done, return to garage, and then shut airplane mode off. You're welcome.
  • Ravi_NakamaraRavi_Nakamara Registered Users 1,982 Posts
    @Roush Sport And they're gonna patch it because of what you just said.

@Roush Sport And they're gonna patch it because of what you just said.

I highly doubt it. They have much bigger fish to fry right now.
  • Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    Ryyst is back <3 :#
    What's up beautiful?
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Ryyst, I'm really happy that carbonated and you could work something out. I think you've earned a tremendous amount of credibility amongst this diverse and often antagonistic crowd. I know carbonated got a good deal, hope you did as well.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Carbonated got this game down on lock from top to bottom. just give it a few months
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    <3 all
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Let us delete multiple names off our friends list at one time...takes forever to scroll, delete name, back to beginning of friends list, scroll some more, delete, repeat

Not really a gameplay related problem but still annoying as hell

Welcome Back by the way

@aubassplayer Pick your car. Go into upgrade menu. If you want boost, turn it on. If not, leave it off. Put your device in airplane mode. Hit test drive. Run to your hearts content. Once done, return to garage, and then shut airplane mode off. You're welcome.

Well. That sucks.
    :fists of rage:
    @[RR] Grafalgar
    I'm not sure I understand your meaning behind your response. What, exactly, sucks? The ability to run the car and not use any boost or accrue any engine damage?

Well. That sucks.
    @[RR] Grafalgar
    I'm not sure I understand your meaning behind your response. What, exactly, sucks? The ability to run the car and not use any boost or accrue any engine damage?
    Yes

Hahaha...

So, we'll be taking a look at the whole Test Drive thing...

... we don't like that you take engine damage.

Interesting...if you could make it so that you could run the test track, boosted or unboosted, for free..(no engine damage regardless of upgrades, no deduction from boost pool regardless of if it's turn on or not)...without having to use airplane mode...that'd be sweet.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

Well. That sucks.
    When this idea that was dragged over from the Legends game and was first brought up we all asked for it to be free of gem repairs. I don't mind paying gems while live racing to repair and get back on the Racing Rivals 1320, but when testing the vehicles there should be a one time monthly fee for using the "test facility" as opposed to paying out the ying yang just to build and tune your vehicles. VGU supports the developers of the game 100% and hardly ever question or call you guys out on much but with this one issue when it was brought to our attention this could be done we contacted the guy that had found this and asked if he would make a how to video so we could share with our readers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AhmfxKmCLc
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
    Why would it suuck. That we can use test track without damage or using boost??
  • Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Only just seen this!
    Glad to see you back,rryst.
    Carbonated used their brains there.
    Welcome home dude ;)
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    https://imgur.com/sgtwnfi

Wtf Ry Ry. According to this , your gonna leave us again. Dang home slice. Thought you loved us