Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Gold Crates unbalanced (intended or glitch?)

RAINBHOWDASHRAINBHOWDASH Registered Users 71 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNnk8A_x_1E

This is only 10 i opened not counting the free ones i opened i also opened 20 more on my alt and i got basically 8 free cars because the crates are overstocked with them and since they have a much higher drop rate it unbalances the opening greatly i basically wasted 2892 gems on my alt and 1446 gems on my main because the drop rate for actual prints was extremely off and i dont feel like this could possibly be intended as its just overly unfair even with a 33% discount on gold crates

Comments

• Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    I want my gems back!!!! This is bullshiit
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    I didnt even know it was glitched, I logged on, purchased all 9 real quick , only to go WTF???
  • M&GM&G Registered Users 276 Posts
    I already talked to a CS rep about it and they said too bad. I even showed them a screenshot that advertised what 4 gold crate blueprinted cars that were supposed to be in the crates. The advertised 4 blueprinted cars weren't even in the gold crates.
    They said all purchases are final and it's my fault because I bought the crates so compensation will NOT be given even if it was a glitch/error or bait and switch on their side.
    Idk if carbonated taking over is going to be any better. Maybe it's time to finally retire.
  • antjciullaantjciulla Registered Users 130 Posts
    M&G said:

I already talked to a CS rep about it and they said too bad. I even showed them a screenshot that advertised what 4 gold crate blueprinted cars that were supposed to be in the crates. The advertised 4 blueprinted cars weren't even in the gold crates.

They said all purchases are final and it's my fault because I bought the crates so compensation will NOT be given even if it was a glitch/error or bait and switch on their side.

Idk if carbonated taking over is going to be any better. Maybe it's time to finally retire.

It is just a business thing. You purchased them at that time weather or not they were glitch at that moment. Legally everything in Racing Rivals is the property of Carbonated. So I doubt you will see a refund and would probably be better off just eating the mistake.

I understand and it sucks that it happened to you, but there is not much you are going to achieve by bashing the crates etc..
    IGN: antjciulla

I can complain all I want because it's my gems/money and not yours. I asked for a fix or some sort of compensation.

If something bad happened to you I highly doubt that you wouldn't complain about it.

Stop trying to raise your post count by posting on issues that don't pertain to you.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Unfortunately, it is up to the CS department, they aren't compensating due to the fact that the cars in the advertisement were in fact in the crates. They were just harder to get. Sorry.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

I want to know if it was a glitch/error or if it was done on purpose to catch those trying to get the racer club Ferraris off guard. CS won't give a straight answer.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    It wasn't something done on purpose
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst opened crates to try and get agera rs to finish (was 4/5, still am) for 1st two stages of racer club. Keep getting campaign rides. Is there any sort of reimbursement for this? Even though the error was on the games end?
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

@[RR] Ryyst opened crates to try and get agera rs to finish (was 4/5, still am) for 1st two stages of racer club. Keep getting campaign rides. Is there any sort of reimbursement for this? Even though the error was on the games end?

I'm not trying to be a wise ass or anything, so please don't take this that way. I'm genuinely curious....each time you opened a crate, you got something for it...be it a campaign ride, etc.....so, what error are you speaking of? Because the game didn't drop the blueprint you wanted, something was broken that is the catalyst for reimbursement?
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    edited February 2017
    @RAINBHOWDASH it was a glitch I watched your vid and say the crates like that (this has happened pre 6.0 update) usually if you refresh your game or give it a hour or 2 it goes away. The key is not to buy broken crates lol

Steps to how it happens
    - log on
    - Go to ship yard
    - Crates are in Spanish and all gold crate prints are Available
    how to avoid it
    -don't buy it and wait a little
    :)
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts

I'm not trying to be a wise **** or anything, so please don't take this that way. I'm genuinely curious....each time you opened a crate, you got something for it...be it a campaign ride, etc.....so, what error are you speaking of? Because the game didn't drop the blueprint you wanted, something was broken that is the catalyst for reimbursement?
    no, it just gave me a lesser chance of getting anything else in the crates other than the campaign cars @Roush Sport