Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

What does the game need?

Comments

• CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    edited February 2017
    I wont talk about fixes,.. that has well been discussed... Lets keep it simple..
    1673 lobby...
    1678 lobby...

Very needed if Nos removal does not happen.... Thanks for reading..

EDIT: This could also open up opportunities for new cars added to game..
  • HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    A good balance of old cars (like Herbie and KIT) and newer release Porsche, Gumpert Apollo, Saleen, Bugatti and Hennessey
  • toilet_assassintoilet_assassin Registered Users 197 Posts
    This may have already been said if so I apologize for the repeat.
    I would like to see the paint stay with car like the wheels do. For example if you have a car that painted matte blue & you get a blue flake & apply it, then matte blue goes to your paint options just like the wheels. Now i I can see having a reapply fee or something along those lines. Especially if it's a paint that you get in crates or racers club.
    Then you could a car that's a shoe & a make-up whore!
  • Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    @[RR] ryyst what is the plan for the car wraps, are they switching it up?

More of a creative design instead of the usual wraps and logos of sponsors
    (On this weeks lambo)
    What's up beautiful?
  • casique23casique23 Registered Users 2,778 Posts
    I really like the scrap yard idea and being able to remove Nos aswell as being able to wheelie certain cars that will make the game so much more fun
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    D4NG3R 72 said:

I said it before, a salvage yard would be good, pay some gems too rip apart say a civic and put all the goodies into my inventory paint, rims etc then crush the pos

youre onto someting here
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    A salvage yard would keep the peace on all sides you would have to see if the car is worth scraping like a rim whoree Xb drag or something also you could pay more gems depending on the class d class 20 gems c class 40... r-r3 keep it at 200 or below please.
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• xxprimoxxxxprimoxx Registered Users 1 Posts
    guys why not make racing rivals to windows store?
    to many people use PC to play racing rivals and bluestacks lag so bad.
    personally i use bluestacks, bluestacks does not read 0.001 to 0.009 reaction time it just shows 0.000 or --:--
    Placing the lobby on top near the cash and gems would be nice... good ol racers wouldn't need to ask which lobby they landed... also, payouts if somebody dominated a single lobby for 24hrs... #justathought #justsaying #wowthishashtaglooksnice
    Also a pimp corner - place where anybody can showcase their car make up and people would vote for them.. I think that's about it.. ate too much mentos dipped in soda
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    lol easy said then done.

IGN : 1320killer
    edited February 2017
    No it should be easy.. add the following codes in the game (after line 381)

/syntax]{metahu}..app; arently ((this kid)) doesn't know coding) but we'll///>
    >>give/% [him lots of gems])

• SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    - In the Team Tab where turf points are displayed, add a column showing how many races each individual attempted. It would be nice to have more data available to judge overall effort of each player.

- Remove NOS an option

- Wheelie popping would be sweet on the more drag specific cars. Show us a more violent launch.

- More sorting options in garage. Maybe let us make a couple "favorites" folders for cars. I have 300+ cars, and seem to have about 60 I like to use most of the time for general events.
  • TH3_INS4NE_M00NTH3_INS4NE_M00N Registered Users 10 Posts
    edited February 2017
    ONE THING, RED HEADLIGHTS PLEASE.

EDIT: Getting them from crates would be nice.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst
  • SerdarYılmazSerdarYılmaz Registered Users 9 Posts
    thanks I'm wait next update new concent new cars and more campaign
  • tequileros97tequileros97 Registered Users 911 Posts
    edited February 2017
    1) PLEASE fix the chat errors such as
    "INVALID_PARAMETERS"
    "IVNALID_USERNAME"
    "UNABLE TO SEND MESSAGE"

2) It would be nice if you can scroll through every single t100 team in turf results rather than only showing the t25-30 and skipping to the rank of the team you're in

3) Change up the daily goals... remove the "upgrade a part on any x car" goal because not many people have those kind of cars. Make the goals more feasible for the more noob-ish people
  • DualShocker182DualShocker182 Registered Users 5,257 Posts
    I like what I see. Decals and extended campaign would be awesome

IGN: DualShocker182
    "Rapper, Memer, and Lobby-Cleaner"
  • casique23casique23 Registered Users 2,778 Posts
    I say scrapyard,wheelies,extended campaign,remove Nos,more cars, more drag like turf cars (like the civic and gnx ) would all be great things to implement

P.s please add a drag like supra or gtr
  • couchrac3rcouchrac3r Registered Users 4,901 Posts
    Any chance of a turf crate refresh any time soon?
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Please don't add the abilities to remove nos, it's a conversion on the car. If add it should be there forever.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst

The list on the first post looks pretty good to me but please don't forget the fonts on the race results screen
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Less trash in crates. More car prints.
    It costs a fortune in gems, I don't need endless sets of stupid stick-bomb wheels while trying to build a car.
    A car I can get on ebay for $20. Why buy crates?

Turf crates need to be updated badly. I have 10 RS500s and counting......
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    The Thought about adding all kinds of extra stuff is Sweet. But am i the only one that actully Think glu should spend some money on fixing the game, before They try to push any new features Down over our heads?
  • itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts
    yall can add a fast and the furious event like brian r34 dom cars etc. u can have paul walker cars in turf wars and some cars in showroom and in crates
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Howien said:

The Thought about adding all kinds of extra stuff is Sweet. But am i the only one that actully Think glu should spend some money on fixing the game, before They try to push any new features Down over our heads?

That is our first priority. That's why there are two separate threads. Inevitably if I ask, "Hey, what's wrong with the game?" I'll get a mix of issues and suggestions. This way, we get both in their separate threads, which makes it easier to go through.

Just because we're asking, doesn't mean these will happen right away.

We know we need the game in a more playable state before we even start thinking about what to add/change. This however does give Carbonated a good idea of what the players are thinking.

Some really cool suggestions here. Keep 'em coming, nothing is too silly... well maybe, but seriously, we'd like to know.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

FAULK222 said:

@[RR] Ryyst

The list on the first post looks pretty good to me but please don't forget the fonts on the race results screen

I thought I had that on there, good catch. Yes, we'll look at the UI and see if we can make improvements to make it easier to see.

dwdtuning said:

Please don't add the abilities to remove nos, it's a conversion on the car. If add it should be there forever.

It's definitely a "controversial" topic. We'll have to weigh the pros and cons and we'll also have to factor in player feedback. It's on the list because players have been asking for it for a good while now. We'll just have to see.

Any chance of a turf crate refresh any time soon?

Turf Crate refresh will be part of us re-looking at Turf War. We'll have to concentrate on the game first though before we start discussing changes and additions.