Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

What does the game need?

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Heyhey said:

Also a pimp corner - place where anybody can showcase their car make up and people would vote for them.. I think that's about it.. ate too much mentos dipped in soda

Be careful that they don't explode in your stomach, there would be a lot of dry cleaning involved. Messy!
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Leave my GF out of this! =P

Heyhey said:

Also a pimp corner - place where anybody can showcase their car make up and people would vote for them.. I think that's about it.. ate too much mentos dipped in soda

While that may not be as easy as copy and pasting your awesome "code", I want to definitely explore the community's creative side like we have done with some of our older titles.

@[RR] ryyst what is the plan for the car wraps, are they switching it up?

More of a creative design instead of the usual wraps and logos of sponsors

(On this weeks lambo)

It's mostly up to the art team. Sometimes for Turf Seasons they like to stick to certain themes like the more recent "sponsored car" look. We'll see where it goes from there.

Did you have any suggestions on how you'd like to see car wraps designed?

• tnfordguytnfordguy Registered Users 11 Posts
    Welcome back Ryyst.

Now that I got that out of the way, I believe I found a new back in use tonight. I sent a message to customer care as well. A friend and I were in a multiplayer lobby and a m3 gt2 Google edition went from a 1656 to a 1683 from one race to the next. The drivers IGN never changed, nor did the driver leave the lobby. This cost me a focus RS re, but more importantly, it's just plain wrong to have these things going on.
  • SlxyarhSlxyarh Registered Users 5,109 Posts
    i can't tag ya for shit but i got a idea

why don't you add more custom rims to buy like in customise im sick of seeing these old rims to look at half of the are nice and the other half is meh

maybe add fpw in there some of the rims that stand out and some cars like last bronze crate fpw's

we need more rims to buy that is all i know the fpw part will get a bit of hate imo
    tnfordguy said:

Welcome back Ryyst.

Now that I got that out of the way, I believe I found a new back in use tonight. I sent a message to customer care as well. A friend and I were in a multiplayer lobby and a m3 gt2 Google edition went from a 1656 to a 1683 from one race to the next. The drivers IGN never changed, nor did the driver leave the lobby. This cost me a focus RS re, but more importantly, it's just plain wrong to have these things going on.

More than likely that racer used two accounts with very similar names, switching "i" for "l" or "0" for "O"

You recall the player name?

• tnfordguytnfordguy Registered Users 11 Posts
    edited February 2017
    null
    Mrspeedy00

The name stayed the same, and the position in the bar never changed either
  • U_Rasie_PinksU_Rasie_Pinks Registered Users 289 Posts
    R34 Re turf car would be nice other than that and the few minor issues you guys are sorting out by the looks of it game is really good only thing I could think to add is a bracket between top 100 and top 625 that would bring a much more competitive edge to the game if there were alright rewards in there. I also like the idea of decals being in the game
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    edited February 2017
    -1674 and 1678 lobbys would be very nice and helpful to many cars

-More fun cars like the suta and top fool

-Class E or some letter with its own class of drag cars sub 5-3 sec 1700 ranked car maybe when maxed?

-paint shop over haul you can actually use multiple paints and make your very own customized car ( maybe some exclusive decal packs you can get from crates)

-Teams 101-300 should get some form of reward higher then t625 it seems fairer

-Lamborghini avantidor looks like a turd please fix it

-Shadow glitches on mr2 re and CLK

Those are the things I want to see change or get fixed it would be really awesome if you guys could do some of that stuff

Also on the 5-3 sec cars if you added a for say "DRAG" crate or "platinum" crate containing them I wouldn't mind they could be 3-4 cars at 4 blue prints at 4500 gems for 10 crates and maybe some different stuff.

IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
    Add electric cars pls
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Yeah shadows are always about mid way up in the wheel. Destroys the look of car while racing.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Intel CoreIntel Core Registered Users 8 Posts
    edited February 2017
    RRYST... PLEASE MAKE IT SO WE CAN COMPLETELY UNINSTALL PARTS LIKE NOS!!! even if it cost gems to remove! Just So we can de-tune and re-tune cars accordingly for different events and lobbys!! Please!
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Instead of the idea of removing No's, cause it simply should never be done. How about we change the campaign from teaching people the first and best thing to do is put on NOS. You guys set up ever new player for failure. Now they complain all their cars have nos and tunes no good. All the top racers garages shouldn't get punished because game incorrectly teaches everyone to tune of the break.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    @dwdtuning How would being able to remove nos hurt anyone's garage??
    edited February 2017
    @aubassplayer because we have cars in our garages worth hundreds of dollars and the only thing keeping them valuable and different from its clones is the fact that they are no nos. Ability to remove nos effectively makes every turf car pre 1st Gen Aventador worthless. I personally haven't played this game 3 years and turfed, pinked, collected my asss off just so nos can be removed cause people wanna re tune their cars. F that. We never have had the option and done just fine without the option.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@dwdtuning do you think the dev care about how much real money you can make off your old turf cars?? No.. they care about new people spending money now.. that's why the game looks like a rip off of the newer racing games out there.. all they want is to get more people to play.. if the newer customer wants to be able to remove nos.. then that's who they'll cater too.. I personally don't care if it hurts to price of any car in anyone's garage.. I dont play this game to make money. I play to have fun.. and if I can take nos off in real life. Should be able to in game...
    @aubassplayer lol you think new people spend the $? T50-t1 teams and pinker / collecters like me spend 90% of the $$ rr brings in. Without the top turfer and people like me RR would be no more. We are who should be listening to, if they would listened to us from update 4.0 and on we wouldn't even be in this fragile state we are in anyways. You don't care cause your garage is garbage. That's ok that's your choice. But if you ask any of the top racers, the guys that actually spend real $$ on rr. It will be an resounding NO for ability to remove nos

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@dwdtuning so you think the top 1000 or so players spend more $$$ than the other 5-6 million people collectively that play this game?? Lololol theyve been catering to the top 50 teams since the cie days.. that's why we're where we are in this game..
    Where is there 5-6 million players? There is at best 50,000 active players and that number is very very very high. Yes the top players do spend most of the $$$. No they haven't been listening to us. If they would have the game wouldn't be in the state it is in. If they would have listen to us more closely since CIE maybe it might have 5-6m active players.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

With out the top players that have been here since day 1, and the top active turf guys and collector's right now. RR would have been scraped. We spend the $$ and we spend the largest chunk of it. Point blank.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@dwdtuning like I said. Dev don't care about your garage value.. they care about making new players happy.. ask anyone that had an Enzo before 3wks ago. Lolol
    @aubassplayer New Devs will care or they will end up shyt canned just like glu longbeach. Funny everything we never asked for either goes wrong or straight up doesn't work. New Devs seam to be taking a better aproch to things. Like listening to their core players, the ones that really count.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@dwdtuning I agree about everything we didn't ask for not working. Lol but it will be interesting to see what happens in the future. I hope Carbonated really get this game back to where it was or better..
  • VS16VS16 Registered Users 5,284 Posts
    Fix the error when sometimes you message people and it says "unable to send message"

Z4 Collecter
    Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beamer
    #ImWithTheClown
    iSnowy 6
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    A simple improvement would be a copy and paste option for tuning cars. If I buy 20 civic si's and want the exact same tune on all of them, copying tune would be so much easier as well as make many players more competitive in turf and showdown. Also multiple buy option in showroom. If I want to buy 20 civics, it would be easier to select the car then select quantity. Still have delivery times and all that.
  • andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
    Add electric cars like Chevy volt and bolt, Tesla model s, x, and roadster.
    Mercedes sls amg black series electric and etc.
  • Mustang65Mustang65 Registered Users 290 Posts
    It would be nice that when teams kick you (sometimes unfairly) that your points get taken away from their total points as your no longer a part of the team. On the Aventador turf i made 20k on a 17k min and the leader kicked me 2 hours before turf ended. If the points i made were taken away they wouldn't have been 23rd they would have been somewhere in the Top 100 which is no wrap. I have also noticed a lot of teams kicking member with a ton of points and if points stay even tho your no longer on that team it wouldn't make sense.

Please make this a part of the turf wars it would make turf a lot more fair :)
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Agreed with @Mustang65 if a players points resets when they change teams the platers points should also be removed from the team.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Perks for people with sc would not be to.bright for many reasons such as unfair advantages when racing unless ...it's perks such as benefits the t1 teams recieve after turf

Also test track..you guys should make a option where you can have unlimited boost and no stress runs for a certain amount time for ex
    A 24 hours test track pass for a small gem fee
    A hourly pass that cost certain gem fee
    A 10-30m pass for rrc ..you get the concept lol

Tournaments you should bring back the old mixed events with lobby tuned cars not maxed tbh it gets bored with the same old FFA

Bring back different showdown rewards such as cars from time to time ...lol or even make t100 placers get some fpw's as a reward :D

Having certain turf lobbies such as pinks,boos,money sounds great but will lead to ×1000 of the self crushing lmao

Having limited time personal events every now and then would be great to win some new cars, cash,gems,rims ,paint,ect everyone should have this options they're prizes should increase the for each time they reach a new level of their personal events

AND YEAH Extension to campaign would be awesome to