Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

What do you feel is still "wrong"

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited February 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
Hey all,

So, as I was talking about in my "Hello again" post. We definitely want you (the players) to be a little more involved.

As I also said, our first priority is to get the game playable for everyone and to address issues that many of you are still experiencing.

So here is what i'm asking for....

What issues are you and others experiencing that may make the game harder to play or make it unplayable.

When posting, try and be specific. For example. Instead of "Fonts are too small!", it would help to get a little more detail about that. Something like, "The fonts on the results screen are too hard to read because they are thinner and don't pop." or instead of "LAG!", something more helpful to us like, "About 4-5 races in when I enter a lobby the game gets choppy. I try and swipe and its jumpy and not smooth" or "When I tap on someone in the game, it takes a minute to load"

Basically describe what it is in a way that can help us identify and possibly replicate.

Here is a good way to post here which includes all the info we need. Please try and use this format, or at the very least, include ALL the info below.

Bug Report "Form"

Issue:
Device:
In-Game Name:
Frequency of occurrence:
Car Make:
Car Model:

Description of issue:

Steps to reproduce:

So for example:

Issue: Wheel flys off
Device: iPhone7
OS Version: iOS 10.1
In-Game Name: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Frequency of occurrence: Occasionally
Car Make: Glu
Car Model: Suta Resa <3

Description of issue:
When I race in the Test Track with my Suta Resa <3 in the middle of the race my wheel flies off.

Steps to reproduce:
Get a Suta Resa <3
Select Suta Resa <3 from your garage
Go to Upgrade
Tap on test Drive

I'll start with a list of what I know so far (I'll keep updating it as I get more replies)

Also, please refrain from the "Bring back 5.3" posts.

I will also start a thread on suggestions so please don't post those here. This thread is for things not working or preventing you from playing. If you feel something needs to be changed to make the game better, that would be a suggestion. Save that for the right thread, we also want to hear those.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev134

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Known Issues

Launch Button - Tapping on bottom half does not work (Fixed in next build)
    NOS Button - When a player launches and hits NOS right away, NOS does not work
    Graphics - Total difference between Garage and Race Track
    Chat Issue - Players cannot send Private Messages to certain players.
    Video Issues - Sometimes there is no way to exit out of the videos
    Launching without touching the screen

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Actual racing game play.

Take a a few races down each track in turf. Look at how many times the front graphics block actual view of car. There is a lot of work done on graphics from the car down that should just be bleed out. Just take a couple drives. Look at the jersey walls, fences, polls, cans. Really the tracks look amazing now, but all that for ground stuff is just fat.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    edited February 2017
    1. The text is too scrinched up and needs to be bolder and have more pop.
    2. Going from the clean, bold simplicity of 5.3 to whatever the hell you wanna call 6.0 kinda threw off everyone as it did have a "generic" feel to it. But I do believe this will get a nice fix if the devs see what most of use see. (I'm talking about UI)
    3. Optimizations are still very much needed. But Kolbe (RR Dupe) says Carbonated has talented engineers so I still have hope on that
    4. We will have to face the fact that RR isnt a Underground style game. It feels too dark and gloomy for the type of game it really is.
    5. A higher variety of turf events are very much needed.
    6. Before you guys push out major changes and updates, have a poll or ask the community if thats what they want for the game.
    I am one person and I can't control or direct what happens at Carbonated. But I am going to put my faith in Kolbe and the rest of the team. Hopefully they will hear me out on this.
    @[RR] Ryyst
    @[RR] Dupe
  • BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    This seems to happen randomly but when you return to your garage it's empty as in its not showing any cars at the bottom of the screen to click or swipe. Sometimes if you go to another screen then come back it will be normal but doesn't always work causing us to have to restart the game to continue playing.
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    First make it playable again on my device. Lol make the pinks notification much bolder or like turn the screen pink. So we can actually see when someone raises to pinks. Almost lost multiple cars by not realizing they raised to pinks.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    My tablet I can watch full movies on with out a single problem but game play after the update is impossible. It drops frams real bad making it hard to launch and shift. I can hit shift at 5k rpm and it tells me perfect when perfect shifts are @ 8k, i dont know if it is lag or frame dropping. Maybe a combo of both. Along with not being able to play after the other turf I opened the game to claim and pull my crates along with 14 saved perfirmance crates. Well that overloaded the tablet and it got hot to the touch and crashed after pulling 6 crates.

Also make the pinks display bigger. I cant tell the difference between a 100 dollar bet and pinks in the new 6.0 update.
  • Mr_BeanMr_Bean Registered Users 12 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Trading system trading system trading system!!!!! and bring back the old rr music
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    Gameplay is still slow on launch. On iPhone6, When tapping launch prior to 6.x update, cars would launch appropriately. Now, for example the bmw 128i and shelby gt350, which have small launch windows, when I press launch, I sense a lag between the time I tap the launch button corresponding to the actual gameplay. The game detects up to a 0.121 RT, when literally, it should be somewhere in the .004-.036 range if it had read my taps properly. It is for this reason I can not race many of the more challenging cars. Many Ferraris, with small launch windows aren't for the skilled racer right now - they are unpredictable timebombs.

BRING BACK 60 FRAMES PER SECOND
  • streetxxracer22streetxxracer22 Registered Users 1,094 Posts
    all I really want right now is the old layout of the game, like the bars, icons and smooth layout overall
  • regan21regan21 Registered Users 7 Posts
    I have one issue an a few of my friends are experincing the same issue. Every time a racer club starts alot of the cars I normally use are either slower an some of the cars ratings change. Like for intance, I have a falcon gtho phase OIL that's been 1650 for since the lobby rate changes last summer. In the last week it started saying is was 1651 an was going almost 3 seconds slower then before. This has happened with a few of my friends cars also an every racer club atleast three of the cars I use every turf, either their ratings are different or there alot slower. Why is this happening?
    regan21 said:

I have one issue an a few of my friends are experincing the same issue. Every time a racer club starts alot of the cars I normally use are either slower an some of the cars ratings change. Like for intance, I have a falcon gtho phase OIL that's been 1650 for since the lobby rate changes last summer. In the last week it started saying is was 1651 an was going almost 3 seconds slower then before. This has happened with a few of my friends cars also an every racer club atleast three of the cars I use every turf, either their ratings are different or there alot slower. Why is this happening?

That's strange. Only when Racer Club is on? There is no Racer Club this week, could you let me know if that still happens? Maybe it's really due to more players racing because Turf War is also on.

• LexdramaLexdrama Registered Users 24 Posts
    After the 6.0 update the rims everyone loved no longer look good. Take the copo rims with the orange brim. There was a big rim following. Since the update they have been dissapearing
  • clahckclahck Registered Users 7 Posts
    Since 6.0 when you click on your car in the garage to remove the display and just show the car, it no longer has the name of the car and the rating. That information is very useful and it would be nice if it would be put back on there. Not all of us are car enthusiasts and all of the lambos look the same lol.
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    Hey ryyst.

Welcome back.
    I actully never had any issues with the nos button before. But This last week ive experienced more nos failure like ever before. Dont know if it me, or just some coincidence But it fails more often to fire now than before.

One thing i had for A long time tough. Is that the point where you Release the throttle is changing. Thats more than annoying Because it result in either A foul or A terrible rt. Funny thing is that This Can happen Many times over just one event.

And This Im sure Aint A used error. I stick with relativly few cars to race, and i race MANY races in them. An example. The Renault 5 turbo tuned to 1650. Sometimes the drop is at where the launch button is lid up. Sometimes i need to drop pretty late on the first light. Its A thing that actully needs to be dead on, Otherwise we Can just flip A Coin for the pinks instead. I see This happens to Many others, good solid players suddenly gets rt of .130ish instead of Their normal low rt.

I dont know What causes it. But its there, and its annoying, Maybe some server lag or something!?

Greetings from Denmark, Jesper aka HOWISTHAT
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    copos. what happened to the fat white lip that distinguished them from other rims? that quality is long gone. suckss for people who like rare rims
  • alex070504alex070504 Registered Users 5 Posts
    First I would like to say I enjoy this game I'm 47 years old have been playing for over 2 years have earned more than 4 million street creds which I belive mean nothing I look ford to turf every week my biggest problems with game is tryin to manage my garage to get a car is difficult having over 1300 but my big one has to be all the forefiting absolutely drives me crazy I can understand why you switch to 0 points for a forfeit but something has to be done it is called turf wars you go to a lobby and should have to race if not what fun is it when you best someone they just start forefiting I belive it should be put back to getting points for a forefit thank you for your time and grest job on game tgsnks
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    @alex070504 i call bs........... forfeit points were removed because people could go on alts and do nothing for free points.
    edited February 2017
    @howien I thought I was going crazy there for a little bit. But it seems other ppl are also having the issue where the launch is changing. I have had only about 10% of my races having a perfect launch since the 6.1 update as the drop seems to be different every time. Example the Focus Rs- Re somtimes I have to drop before the launch button lights up and other times it is at the start of the first light coming on.
  • alex070504alex070504 Registered Users 5 Posts

@alex070504 i call bs........... forfeit points were removed because people could go on alts and do nothing for free points.

This is my opinion when you have as many forefits as I get in turf it gets old guys with same car and have to wait 30 sec I saw when people were abusing it but what about all the self crushing that goes on guys don't need to race just self crush I race everyone if I lose so be it but now a days you have guys crying no boost only a certain car or they cry you lagged me so in my opinion you should get some points if all these people forefit if not they should take pinking away these abuse that way to much with self crushing once again my opinion thank you
  • DeynnispDeynnisp Registered Users 123 Posts
    When I drive fast shift cars i.e. nismos gt3s, Renault sport s1s I miss shifts almost always but.its at random times i go into game. Sometimes I run said cars without missing any gears. Then I log back on the next day and I miss shifts.
    Nos fails: again, it happens at random times like this past weekend was very bad for both missing gears and nos.

Thanks,
    Deynnisp said:

When I drive fast shift cars i.e. nismos gt3s, Renault sport s1s I miss shifts almost always but.its at random times i go into game. Sometimes I run said cars without missing any gears. Then I log back on the next day and I miss shifts.

Nos fails: again, it happens at random times like this past weekend was very bad for both missing gears and nos.

Thanks,

Can you please use this format, or please provide all the info it asks?

Issue:
    Device:
    In-Game Name:
    Frequency of occurrence:
    Car Make:
    Car Model:

Description of issue:

Steps to reproduce:

• holden24holden24 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'm playing on iPhone 5s works great but it could be better if u make it not lag when u go to race and WE NEED MORE CARS!!!
  • KINGCANNABIS66KINGCANNABIS66 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Get rid of that ghost shifting.
    @KINGCANNABIS66 do you have any ideas on how to do that?
  • chewbacuschewbacus Registered Users 5,148 Posts
    One complaint that I haven't seen mentioned yet is the empty lobby issue.

This problem is more prevalent in "multiplayer" mode, but I have had issues in showdown and turf, also.

The specific issue is, being unable to join a lobby with racers in it. Sometimes there are zero, other times 2 or 3. When in said lobby, you aren't able to "refresh" into a better, more full lobby either.

Thanks and welcome back, boss!
    IGN: Chewbacus
    Official Middlist of Middle Men
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited February 2017
    @JohnKIV yes, to get rid of ghosting. They need to make the game not recognize shifts closer then .25 apart. No "normal" shifts for any car are that close together. So if they make the game not recognize the 2nd shift if it's faster the .25(ghosting has to be faster than .12 for it to work properly). Then it will eliminate ghosting.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    Agreed @aubassplayer about ghosting. I just hate ppl saying get rid of it with out having any ideas how. But then again most of them have no idea how to do it or the concept of it. I do like your idea though and would like to see these ppl that complain at least have some kind of solution or idea on how to get rid of it.
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    on iPhone 6s, many times when I press the launch button, there is a delay from tapping to recognition on certain cars. I go for perfect launch and in both test track and multiplayer, the launch goes to 0.1xxs.
  • Tu66yTu66y Registered Users 27 Posts
    Firstly, I really hope that the comments on this forum get seriously taken into account and it's not just another instance of player comments falling on deaf ears. It's a great step to open up the discussion and proper feedback, but useless if nothing gets done with the information. I'll post a few comments, just to separate them so they're easier for review.

GRAPHICS MODES:
    Please, please, please, can we just have ONE graphics mode that has everything correct, rather than two that both have things wrong with them?
    However, if you insist on having the 2, at least make them at least mildly similar so that the difference is simply a bit of extra realism, rather than totally different looking paint, rims and lighting! Why are the matte, flake and metallic paints SO different between the two?
  • Tu66yTu66y Registered Users 27 Posts
    Issue: Metallic Paints still look average, at best
    Device: Iphone 6s
    In-Game Name: Tu66y
    Frequency of occurrence: All the time
    Car Make: All metallic special editions
    Car Model: All metallic special editions

Description of issue: Whether experimental graphics is on/off, there are still issues. When experimental graphics are on, the metallic paints look so awful it's not even worth saying more than it looks like someone painted them with different tints of grey and mustard slop. When off, they look much better in the garage but still don't maintain their metallic look in the lobbies. The variances from lobby to lobby has the Gold looking like anything from gold to mustard, the silver mostly just looks like a white car and the bronze, poo brown. You may say this because of lighting variations between the lobbies, but regardless of the lighting, the cars should still look metallic.
    Prior to the upgrade the metallic cars looked amazing. Now they're just window dressing for your garage because they look rubbish when actually racing them.

Steps to reproduce: Select any metallic car and take it to a lobby. Look at it in profile view, at start line, during race and in the race results screens, and they all look different.