Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Are you experiencing latency or a drop in frame rate?

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited February 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
If you are still experiencing latency or drops in frame rates (choppiness) please reply with the following info to help us try and pinpoint what devices/circumstances we need to look into.

When describing what you are experiencing, please be as specific as possible. What are you experiencing? Delay when you tap something? Everything slows down and gets choppy? Does it happen all the time? When do you experience this? In the garage? During the race? Do you have to restart often?

Please use this:

In-Game Name:
Device:
Device Operating System Version (Usually found in settings/about):
What are you experiencing:

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• its_wrecklessits_wreckless Registered Users 3 Posts
    I never get lag
  • its_wrecklessits_wreckless Registered Users 3 Posts
    The game is perfect
  • dylanclemmer315dylanclemmer315 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Yeah I get a lot of frame drop when I do pinkslips and it lags and I've list my m3 gt2 and copo camaro which sucks but I don't know if its the game or my phone.
    Thanks
    Racer name:lmaokmastfu
    Device: LG K10
    Operating system:k42511i
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Racer name:lmaokmastfu

Device: LG K10

Operating system:k42511i

For your operating system version... what version of Android are you using?

• ExtinctAssasinExtinctAssasin Registered Users 2 Posts
    My IGN is joserodriguez16
    I have a ZTE MAX Pro
    My version is 6.0.1
    Version is 6.0.1
    Sorry I didn't know I have a bunch of letters and numbers in that area.
    Thanks
  • djames80djames80 Registered Users 7 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Ign: Turnin Slix 8O
    Device: LG Stylo 2
    Android version 5.1
    Throughout the whole game everywhere I experience bad latency. More so when I'm in my inventory.. It's so bad that I can't race with that device. So I just keep it for a storage for my nice cars and extra inventory. In my ign that is not a zero. That is an oh.

My IGN is joserodriguez16

I have a ZTE MAX Pro

My version is 6.0.1

What exactly are you experiencing?

djames80 said:

Ign: Turnin Slix 8O

Device: LG Stylo 2

Android version 5.1

Throughout the whole game everywhere I experience bad latency. More so when I'm in my inventory.. It's so bad that I can't race with that device. So I just keep it for a storage for my nice cars and extra inventory. In my ign that is not a zero. That is an oh.

So do you use a different device to race? And a different racer?

• StinkFistStinkFist Registered Users 3 Posts
    LG g pad x8.0 eight core 1.5 android 6.0.1 game is glitchey in garage good luck winning a race so laggy you can't shift right launches are always .300++ /// Samsung galaxy s4 5.0.1 same result as the tablet :( this has went on since 6.0 update and I doubt I will ever be able to play the game how it should be
    Yeah its just super laggy and frame drops when I do pinks.like I said I lost my copo and m3 gt2 due to the lag and frame drops
    Yo its like he gives us 1000 gems and a cobra jet. That was the best when I came back to racing rivals one day and saw that. I was yelling and laughing
  • X0_LOJ_0XX0_LOJ_0X Registered Users 1 Posts
    Ign: 'x0loj0x vault' and 'x0 loj 0x'
    Device: galaxy s4 (sgh-i337)(at&t version)

I experience lag, not very severe lag, but severe enough to render the game unplayabe but the thing is i will experience lag for like 5mins then the game would go back to normal for some time then the lag starts again because of that i started running the game on pc on an emulator which is working fine, hardly any lag except for latency due to slow wifi, but one really annoying problem that seems to happen both on my phone and the emulator is that the replays of races dont play out to the results, it shows as much as the cars passing finiah line the it freeses for a second then nothing but a black screen after that wont go away(black screen as in the replay, not the UI, The UI would be normal jus no replay unless i click on a racer in lobby and click off back or refresh and then it repeats, race to line then nothing, it occasionally shows results and will start another replay but rarely) oh and i get like a 1 second lag everytime a new car joins the lobby, like i can tell when a new car joins without looking cuz it just freeze for like a sec (on emulator, this doesnt happen on phone.. And emulator is running android 4.4.2 if that helps) and thats all i got, game basically ok for me otherwise... And fix the o and 0 in the game, cant tell them apart from 6.0 update rolled out...
  • machoman1997machoman1997 Registered Users 118 Posts
    Ign: Camber oil 883
    Device: Lg stylo
    Software version: 6.0

Every time i go to race or before it goes to race at the opening cut scene it always gets very choppy and when i go to race it makes it hard to because its choppy and very slow at times during the end before the results its so choppy i get like 10 to 15 frames a second and my phone can do 60fps at 720p anything else i have no problem with besides the racing portion
    Hey ryyst what are you going to do about the lag?
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Ign au bass player
    Device moto G 4th gen
    Version 6.0.1

Game is super laggy in garage. And when racing all buttons ie. launch, shift and nos are about 1/2 sec behind when I touch the screen.i have to hit the launch button right before 3rd light comes on to get a r/t below .100
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • rd350boyrd350boy Registered Users 1 Posts
    Terrible lag on Samsung galaxy tab E haven't been able to play at all since 6.0 update
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Galaxy Note5 on 6.0.1
    LG V20 on 7.0.1
    It only really drops frames and stutters with input (Such as scrolling or rotating car in garage) or scrolling through menus. So really it happens when navigating the game, which is all the time. I even did a hard reset to the V20 since it was brand new and didn't have anything on it really but even then the problem persisted.

As far as IOS goes, I doubt there are issues in regards to performance and latency at all. This game is the stereotypical Android port of a game. Buggy, unoptimized, and overall a terrible performing mess. But I know Carbonated will fix this within the coming months
  • FatalBossFatalBoss Registered Users 1 Posts
    Ign:Fast Pinoyzz
    Device:Lenovo K5 note vibe
    I experience so much lags in the game
    null
    Yeah i know I'm debating whether deleting this game due to the lag and frame drops because its hard to race.
    Keep it coming, this is useful.

• Kane352Kane352 Registered Users 2 Posts
    In-Game Name: BFR KANE, BFR KANE
    Device: Samsung s4
    Device Operating System Version (Usually found in settings/about): Android
    What are you experiencing: latency, timing issues with launch and shifts
    I'm deleting this damn game. I just got dnf by a hacker and he took my max pandora
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

I'm deleting this damn game. I just got dnf by a hacker and he took my max pandora

Above you posted that it's hard to race due to frame drops and lag, yet....you took the risk of loosing a maxed car....why? Also, how do you know it was he that DNF'd you, and not your device dropping connection? (Bear in mind just how far the signal from your device has to go before it hits Glu's servers....from your device, through your modem, through your provider, out across the interwebs, etc)
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    edited February 2017
    They only can solve this if you give out specifics guys
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @BlitzChaos I gave specifics
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • casique23casique23 Registered Users 2,778 Posts
    Ign:el casique
    Device:Samsung tab 4
    Device operating system: I cannot find it but the android version is 5.1.1
    What I'm experiencing: massive lag that makes the game unable to play this doesn't happen in only one spot it's everything
  • king_gabeking_gabe Registered Users 2 Posts
    In-Game Name: DeStarboiJamal
    Device: Dash m2
    Device Operating System Version (Usually found in settings/about): 6.0 android with 1.3ghz quad-core processor
    What are you experiencing: lots of lag the game is unplayable for me. use to work good with the 5.0 racing rivals now 6.1 won't run on it

• thunderbomb3thunderbomb3 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Ign.. PLANET BOOM
    PHONE info: LG K10 ( 6GB free memory) running android 6.0.1

Issues: since 6 0 in game racing is near impossible. Everything is delayed in race. My reaction time is usually.288 or worse, if I need to shit at 7k rpm, I have to tap the button at 5k and hope. I have not been racing because of this.

This is the only app I have downloaded on this phone. I use home wifi and the phone is not jail broken. When I contacted customer service, I was told that all they can suggest is too make sure I don't have other apps running. My wife has the same phone with same issues. Her ign is lilpoo.

Finally my neighbor plays on a old lg volt, 8gb, android 4.0 in that area. Has less than 1 gb of free memory and the only issue he experiences is fps from third shift until the end if race. Every time. It looks like a slowed down video that flashes in and out. His ign is Nwowolfpac.

That said we all have the same issue with the launch button, color of rims, and underglow. Underglow is orange at front and rear bumper but yellow in the middle.

Any help to correct these issues with the next update would be greatly appreciated.