Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Curious....

124Next

Comments

• elsucio1974elsucio1974 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Lex montero
    Pig pen the one and only
    Racer gamer Slovenia
    Daniel Powell
    Natalie nyugen
    They're all knowledgeable in the game and only care about making the game better
  • LexdramaLexdrama Registered Users 24 Posts
    I want to thank all those who voted. Period. Even if you did not vote for me. The fact you took out the time to voice your opinion speaks volumes. I love the game and I would be honored to a be part of making it better. With that being said here's my nominations.

I nominate
    Daniel Powell
    I know he went last year but this man sets the standard. Him breaking records no longer surprises me. I am used to it. The amount of time you spend making sure we know how fast that honda si should run is under appreciated by many. I been on RR a long time and raced with tons of racers. He's perfect example of what legit is and I have tons of respect for him. Keep up the good work

Pig pen the one and only.

Yes sir now you don't speak to me much and I have never admitted this but you thought me how to race. I learned how to launch from you. Yes I been leader of first place team blah blah blah, if it wasn't for this man I would still.be tapping. I give respect where respect is due. His videos thought a lot of us how to play this game. Including me. Thanks for all you do sir.

Also anybody top 5 team is a must. There's plenty worthy I am interested in seeing what is gonne be done. Very excited to see all the new progress going on. I feel warm and fuzzy inside again

Thank you
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Lol to bad it wasn't a vote. Someone feels very highly of their self ↑
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • shankshank Registered Users 1,828 Posts
    @dwdtuning
    @2HIPSI
    @TheGangsta

the most legit n old players who i know lol
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Just to clarify, I'm not asking for votes, I'm not asking for someone to be "nominated" or saying this would be a vote. In the wake of all the comments about how I should have not invited some people and how I should have invited other people, I wanted to get a sense of who the community would have or would like to see on a council.

I'm seeing a lot of names I am definitely familiar with, some not so much.

For those of you who have been named by other players, it's not about dictating your will to us, it's not about demands, it's not about just the "will of the people". It's about discussion, it's about big picture, it's understanding how an aspect of the game effects the other parts. It's about finding balance between this being a game and this being a business.

That being said.... to help with suggestions...

Daniel (Grim), Joe (PigPen), and Guy from the last Player's Council have been invited. We have 3 or 4 more slots to fill. We do have some ideas for others potential members and I will also be looking at names suggested by the public. I want to definitely include 1 or 2 Forums mods and prominent forum members.

Heather was going to join us in person the last time, certain events kept that from happening, but I still consider her a "Council" member and will always be someone who has me ear and will definitely help me by providing feedback on some of the names being suggested, along with the other Council Members including Daniel, Joe and Guy.

And just to be clear, it isn't an election, I will be looking at some of the names suggested, looking at post history, tone of communication, how they behave, and probably start talking to them. I will need to get a feel of who they are, how they would work with Carbonated, how they will get along with the other players in the Summit and if they will be able to constructively contribute... and most of all, will be able to handle the scrutiny of the players. All the members from the past Player Council's have gone through the gauntlet and their names have shot up among the community as being "infamous" regardless of their contributions.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

"I will be looking at some of the names suggested, looking at post history, tone of communication, how they behave, and probably start talking to them. I will need to get a feel of who they are, how they would work with Carbonated, how they will get along with the other players in the Summit and if they will be able to constructively contribute... and most of all, will be able to handle the scrutiny of the players."

Well crap...slowly deletes every post lol

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    I appreciate what you are trying to do Ryyst but at the end of the day, something like this becomes a popularity contest (as you can see in this thread already). Just because someone is popular (for whatever reason), doesn't mean that person will be able to add anything substantive to the council. What we need in these councils are people that can actually be constructive and help to improve the game. That's ultimately what we all want. Just my 2 cents.
    Das why I suggested you ↑

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    I agree with @hexxum001 which is why he should deff go from the mid side if forums. From player side should be @dwdtuning . Even though we disagree on something's. I believe he would provide valuable suggestions for the future of the game..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • RacingGamerSloveniaRacingGamerSlovenia Registered Users 30 Posts
    I see a few people complaining about only the more well known players being "nominated". Just wanted to say that yeah, that's bound to happen because let's face it, without having a background or a bigger part on the game you can't really contribute as much as other people. I personally think that the last year's council selection was spot on. Also seriously, props to Carbonated that we're getting another one even though the game has been through some turbulent times recently.
  • shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    edited February 2017
    @2HIPSI @Roush Sport @hexxum001 are all good peeps from forums, though I don't know roush as well as the others
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    This has gone to the shitter lex should just be disqualified for all the fraudulent/bribe votes
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    edited February 2017
    It's not a vote @kingpen126

I'm sure ryyst already knows/suspects something is up. He's the only vote that counts
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    @shtoobie still a suggestion method and all I'm saying is they did a really poor job making lex look legit lol

• Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Really what will this player council achieve? If you're looking for feedback how about people who leads top teams that actually turf every week? Not people who have YouTube channels and Facebook group pages. Actual turfers. We're the ones who spend our hard earned cash weekly even on crappy repeats.
    ^^ this guy knows how to play lol he takes my cars all the time in turf

I see a few people complaining about only the more well known players being "nominated". Just wanted to say that yeah, that's bound to happen because let's face it, without having a background or a bigger part on the game you can't really contribute as much as other people. I personally think that the last year's council selection was spot on. Also seriously, props to Carbonated that we're getting another one even though the game has been through some turbulent times recently.

Hmmm . . . is this the real Jerry Rajer or just someone using his name?

@hexxum001 thats the real bum

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@dwdtuning haha okay. Good to know.
  • djames80djames80 Registered Users 7 Posts
    My vote would be Todd Hardway. He wouldnt sugar coat anything and would be smarter enough not to let the wrong ppl know what holds value just for glu/carbonated to release the shit out of it for it to lose any or all of its value.

Really what will this player council achieve? If you're looking for feedback how about people who leads top teams that actually turf every week? Not people who have YouTube channels and Facebook group pages. Actual turfers. We're the ones who spend our hard earned cash weekly even on crappy repeats.

There is more to the game than just Turf Wars. My goal, as been with each Council is a couple things....

1. As developers, we really only see the game from the inside out. Sure we play, but we play with the understanding of how everything works as designed. So seeing the game from a player's eyes helps.
    B. As players, you also don't see a side of the game that is still filled with very human people who are really trying to bring an enjoyable experience for everyone within the confines of what they have.
    III. To share ideas. This is important. Share. Not dictate, not demand. We talk about specific areas of the game, we tell the council what we intended, and what ideas we have, The Council offers their feedback and their ideas. From there sometimes we identify a need. Maybe both solutions aren't what is needed, but a combination of both. Its very organic.
    Four. Take what was discussed and see what we can do....

Now, I totally understand why people are hesitant and skeptical about the the council. What has come from it?

That becomes more complicated, at least in the past. We have implemented some changes based on their input, and we have a whole backlog of ideas that came from the council. We just haven't really been good at implementing, because we haven't been good at really looking at what the players need vs what we have thought wold be cool or what we thought would be profitable when looking at the cost of production versus profit. Forgive us, we are a company.

What we may have lost sight of is the happiness of the players. That sometimes giving them something awesome, while not a "money-maker" is a step in the right direction. In other words, happy players are happy customers.

So what will come out of this Rivals Player Summit? I don't know, but the goals above still remain and we are doing this with a whole different vision for the game.

• FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts
    @[RR]Ryyst

Happy customers will make a "money maker" game ;)
  • VampireguyVampireguy Registered Users 30 Posts
    I kinda want to see a freerome button in the game to let use drive our cars and not always race them
  • SerdarYılmazSerdarYılmaz Registered Users 9 Posts
    leafmeat said:

@sica @pantherspeed straiinz ishy_legend @tmagic @stu1320 @nopi2008 @710friendly @kevo @12hdm04 @SerdarYılmaz @jeremyw55 @23CHIEF23 @804theriddle @Cochilocoo @putarr @sumb1tch420 @WOLVERINE34 @JBFAB25 @FNNDBM @BL3CK @connermilne17 @HOLYGHOST @Ridahz2015 @NVRFRST @mac @0BOND0JAMEBOND7 @aew9086 @justin23 @karmasuckz @RUTHLESS1 @els893 @Finorr @daveb3774 @wcolton63 @chicoath @Terry231 @lokitoh3 @kaido34 holy shitt it took me a while to find all the new accounts and type them and @ them anyways we all know you the same person all voting for lex or someone. no one belives your all different people shame on you. self voting is pathetic.

lol bro my i have two account 1st account ign: serdar dragyilmaz 2nd account ign: serdaryilmazdrag
    Reggi85 said:

I've played since the game dropped and I've pretty much seen it all. Having said that, about a year ago I was approached about a possible seat at the table of a players council that was being discussed by the developers, only to be rejected due to the fact that I didn't agree with ghost shifting and ever since it has left a bitter taste in my mouth about this council. Seems to historically be more of a popularity vote from what I've seen, and the people that have anything to say otherwise are silenced immediately. I disagreed with the powers that be about 1 aspect of the game and I was never contacted again, not because I didn't have things I believed would help the game in other areas. I believe that people need to nominate the ones that truly want change for the better of everyone, not the few. Since I've refused to recognize "ghost shifting" as a legitamate tactic, I can't therefor nominate some of the biggest names in the game, but what I want to do is to get the game back to its roots where EVERYONE that plays is on an EQUAL playing field. Making the game more challenging without all the slight of hand has always been a top priority. I am not saying I want to get on this council per say, but I would like to see some changes that I believe are desperately needed and would make the game more enjoyable for the entire community, not just the top 1%. [RR] Ryyst, feel free to contact me in private, I don't care about popularity or traveling all the way to California for an expensive meet and greet, just email me dude, way cheaper lol. Oh and I nominate Joe Weymouth (PIGP3N) because he's a pioneer and has been trying to advance this game on multiple social media formats for years, long before ghost shifting ever was recognized as a glitch that GLU allowed to be exploited

Uh, half the council doesn't like Ghost Shifting. I never rejected anyone flat out because they didn't "agree" with something. Hell, we still don't have an official stance in regards to Ghost Shifting.

My previous selections came mostly out of me knowing these guys previously. It was never a popularity contest. As this isn't... not really. True, I am asking for suggestions because, well, after each council, I get bombarded with "You should invite people the community wants!" So okay, let's see who the community wants. I'm not saying whoever gets mentioned the most gets to go, I'm looking through everybody's posts and suggestions from here, and some other FB pages and I'm going to discuss this with people from Carbonated and yes, from past Council Members (both those that attended and those I consider honorary members... aka those i invited but couldn't make it at the time), Admins for different Pages, Forum Mods, and other players I have talked to. So, no, its not about who gets the most votes.

At the end of the day, I still want specific types of players with specific attributes and that is how they will be chosen.

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited February 2017
    I'd have to say @Mr Alvin 72 would make a great addition to the council. If your looking for someone who knows the game inside and out it would be him. From turfing to running teams, building and tuning and everything that goes with it, he knows what this game is about and what needs to be fixed. But honestly, who better to get than guys who play this game daily whether it's turf, showdown, multiplayer or just to talk to teammates and friends. Players who are on the game regularly tuning, trading, buying and selling. Those are the people who know how the game functions and what aspects need to be improved or all together changed. Players like Biggiesmallz, Papasmokes, What Noise and Mr Alvin have been around along time and know all about this game. Master tuners, great racers, team leaders and heavy in the black market of this game. Players like these guys would be valuable to your council

I'm not trying to hold votes for or campaign on their behalf. Just saying players of that caliber would be a great asset to the council and to carbonated. Just my opinion
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited February 2017
    If your looking for someone who is a pro at ghost shifting I would have to say Omer aka Puhly. No offense to Grim but Omer is the best I've seen at it. If a car can be ghost shifted, he knows about it and how to do it. He posts videos all the time on how to do it and how to tune for it. Much like Grim, he's a master tuner and a force to be reckoned with.
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Invite that Clown guy...he deserves a nice vacation...hehe

• CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    1. B. III ?

Coulda said 1. 2. 3.
    Or A. B. C.
    Or even I. II. III.

1. B. III. is just silly...lol

• mrschopper214mrschopper214 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I nominate Dan Hurlburt (chopper Dan). He is one of the most legit honest racers on this game. He has great ideas on how to make this game great again. He doesn't cheat other racers like allot if other racers do. He has also been racing real cars for over 25 years.

Ps you need to get rid of cheaters, why would someone want to play you're game if you allow cheating, I don't want to race knowing I'm going to lose to a cheater. That's a waste of money, real money people spend to play your game. (Google rr hacks and there ate people who will teach you how to hack the game, I did, I wanted to know what I was up against)
This discussion has been closed.