Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Update 6.1.1 soon

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey all, just wanted to keep you all in the loop. We're close to submitting our 6.1.1 update. this update has some behinds the scenes stuff and some fixes including a fix for the launch button and a fix for chat issues.

I'll let you know when we submit! Approvals have been quicker, so should only be a few days after submission that we can go live.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Here's hoping for the best.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Carbonated 1st update. Let's get this 1 done right fellas. No rush needed
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Please beta test on some lower end devices before going live.. not everyone has the latest and greatest device.. thx
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Will this have anything related to performance fixes
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

Carbonated 1st update. Let's get this 1 done right fellas. No rush needed

Not exactly.
    @Roush Sport how not exactly? Lol this is their first submitted update. Not hot fix

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

dwdtuning said:

@Roush Sport how not exactly? Lol this is their first submitted update. Not hot fix

Carbonated didn't create the update, and they haven't fully taken over the game yet. Ergo, not their first submitted update.
    We still gonna call this Carbonated 1st update. Cause frankly if it doesn't go right, doubt there will be a carbonated or RR much longer. :p

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

dwdtuning said:

We still gonna call this Carbonated 1st update. Cause frankly if it doesn't go right, doubt there will be a carbonated or RR much longer. :p

Sigh. If you say so.
    ;)

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    I have to agree with dwd. If this update just creates more problems like the updates since 6.0, I feel it will be the last straw for a lot of players and the beginning of the end. People are completely fed up with 6.0 and all the problems with it. It has been a complete mess and has angered a lot of people. The barbarians are at the gates and if this update falls flat on its face, many players will walk away.
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    C y r u s said:

I have to agree with dwd. If this update just creates more problems like the updates since 6.0, I feel it will be the last straw for a lot of players and the beginning of the end. People are completely fed up with 6.0 and all the problems with it. It has been a complete mess and has angered a lot of people. The barbarians are at the gates and if this update falls flat on its face, many players will walk away.

This Barbarino ?

Oh wait...you said BARBARIANS...oopsie

Lmao @CircusOfSins... close enough
  • r1y2a3n420r1y2a3n420 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Will the charger se be fixed? I asked customer service about charger running 8.4 in a 56 and 7.3 is 63 lobbies which of course they said it was a legit time. With that being said I had a 1661 charger that I pinked awhile back and was going to turn into a 56 car. The second I removed stg 2 weight reduction and installed stg 1 to lower the rate it jumped to 1674 so that tells me there glitched out

Will the charger se be fixed? I asked customer service about charger running 8.4 in a 56 and 7.3 is 63 lobbies which of course they said it was a legit time. With that being said I had a 1661 charger that I pinked awhile back and was going to turn into a 56 car. The second I removed stg 2 weight reduction and installed stg 1 to lower the rate it jumped to 1674 so that tells me there glitched out

That car, and it's issues, have been known for some time now. As for when it will be fixed....no official statement has been made.
    To them it is fixed.. lolol
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    Can I get the tune for the charger SE 1663 lobby? :D:p
    Charger se had to be tuned before 6.0 came out. If you add anything to it now it will fix itself and go to correct rating.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    edited February 2017

To them it is fixed.. lolol

No, we know its not fixed. It's slated to be worked on for the next update.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• r1y2a3n420r1y2a3n420 Registered Users 11 Posts
    I realize charger se glitch has been known for some time now. New to the forum but not the game. Just wanted to know if this glitch was going to be handled in this upcoming release. Tired of losing every tournament due to this issue
    @Ryyst if y'all know it's glitched. Why does support say the times are legit??? Instead of saying the cat is glitched???
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Honestly is there a way to block the charger se from entering the tournaments until it is fixed? I entered 5x150k tournaments (didnt enter the lower ones as less ppl enter and I have to wait) for my daily goals and lost all five of them to a Charger Se first round. Causeing me to lose 750k. I know for a fact if I was racing something other than the glitched chargers I would of won a couple as I am hitting 7.7 in 68. But have no chance against the glitched chargers hitting 7.1-7.3
  • Tu66yTu66y Registered Users 27 Posts
    Does that mean none of the "what's still wrong with the game?" suggestions will be implemented yet?

Which, btw, is totally fine. I was just wondering. I'd rather wait, and know that everything has gone through hours and hours of testing and re-testing by multiple different groups, before it's released, so that everything is checked off and perfect and little mistakes don't slip through the cracks. Wouldn't that be nice :)
    Tu66y said:

Does that mean none of the "what's still wrong with the game?" suggestions will be implemented yet?

Which, btw, is totally fine. I was just wondering. I'd rather wait, and know that everything has gone through hours and hours of testing and re-testing by multiple different groups, before it's released, so that everything is checked off and perfect and little mistakes don't slip through the cracks. Wouldn't that be nice :)

That's exactly what it means. All of the suggestions presented in that thread....you probably won't see anything update wise regarding any of those suggestions until 6.1.2, or 7.0, depending on which way they decide to go. This update was already being developed / tested before the "what's still wrong with the game" thread was even posted.

There's also a thread that details what this updated entails. It's in the "Patch Notes" section.
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    The game crashes after pinks. Also the rewards notification is annoying
    Chat still doesn't work after the update and the launch button overlap is still there for iPhone users. Also boosts turn themselves on and off at random.
  • Tavian660videoTavian660video Registered Users 7 Posts
    I just updated and I can't get into my game like it says update google play services then it kicks me our PLz fix
  • TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
    I must say, the additional features since 6.0, with the race match, test your tune, etc. are great. The added functionality is wonderful and the enhancements on graphics are nice, but it seems to come with a price., The user must still be able to access and process the abundance of additional information either through their mobile devices (IOs or Android) or WiFi streams through Blue Stacks.

After having recently been "force updated," the lag has worsened and has left me in a dire situation where taking the time to race in showdown for gems and crates in preparation for turf has become cumbersome and frustrating, to say the least.

Just as @aubassplayer stated, the compatibility of the increase in enhancements and functionality seem to favor those that can afford to "keep up with the Jones," by continuously maintaining the status quo of technology. Unfortunately, those that do not have that same luxury, seem to be left behind. I've enjoyed the playability thus far, prior to the most recent updates, but the "push" has me rethinking whether the effort, patience, and consistent loss of cars is even worth the trouble.
    edited March 2017
    @TWINK3PTO Just reviewed your post. I agree with you, but pose this: Technology advances. We all know that. We see it every day. Not sure how familiar you are with computers, as an example, but - remember ms dos? Remember windows 3.1, 95, 98, ME, 2000, and hell even XP now? Remember when those OS's were the top of the line, and now are completely outdated?

With mobile devices - it's the same thing. A machine that ran windows 3.1 (and was top of the line at the time) couldn't dream of running Windows 10.

So, now the crux of my thought....at what point, as a developer, do you decide to stop supporting legacy devices, as doing so would stop your product from moving forward? Everyone raves about 5.3 - how it was smooth, simple, ran on all devices, etc. That's all well and good - but....how long would you expect 5.3 to stay around and not be updated? How long before it got stale, and players started walking away BECAUSE of the fact that it was old, outdated, etc?

It's a double edged sword.
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    How about the idea that if the game doesn't register reaction times and shift points at the same polling rate or there is video latency during the race, you don't apply those "enhancements" to a reaction-based game. Revert or reduce resource taxes until system hardware to your target clientelle's hardware can handle it. And if my iPhone 6S is having trouble, I'm sure there's a lot more having trouble.