Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

6.1.1 Patch Notes

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited February 2017 in Patch Notes and Hotfixes
Hello Rivals Racers!

Welcome to our first real Patch Notes!

What is a patch note? Well, typically this is where we list what features, changes, and fixes go into an update. While usually we’re just like, “Some fixes and behind the scenes stuff!” We wanted to start really letting you know what are in these updates, even if it doesn’t directly involve parts of the game, players will see. Everything we do though, is for the good of the game, so we figured we’d let you know everything.

So here are the patch notes for update 6.1.1* which we hope to submit for approval any day now...

Bug Fixes

Lets start with bug fixes.

Launch Button - Yes, this troublesome bug is fixed. No longer will you tap on the launch button and have it not do anything. There was an overlap issue with the down-shift paddle, and we’ve fixed it!

Chatting - Some of you have experienced problems chatting with some of your buddies (or enemies if you’re into that sort of thing) and now we believe we eradicated that issue. What I mean is it’s hard for us to replicate since it was sort of random. So for those of you with this issue, please try it out after updating to 6.1.1 and let us know if it works or not!

In-App Purchase Error - A few users were seeing an error that would not allow them to complete purchases. This has been fixed, however, Android users may see an error pop up upon login. Don’t worry, you should only see that once, basically it’s clearing an unseen error that was preventing the purchase from going through.

Changes/Updates

Removed Interstitial Ads - We turned off and removed the code that delivered advertising pop-ups between finishing a race and loading back to the menu. The original implementation delivered a poor experience, this is the beginning of our ongoing process to simplify the code to increase performance and stability of the game. Special offers and video ads are still available.

In-App Purchase System - Inline with removal of interstitial ads, swapping to this new system will improve validation to help optimize and further stabilize the in-app purchase experience.

Updated SDKs - I'm sensing a theme... Updating SDK's adds stability, optimization and security for Facebook/Google Play/Game Center sign-in, In-App Purchases and Ads

What we still have on the immediate horizon…

Specific Device Performance Issues - We’re still getting reports from specific devices that are having problems playing the game, we’ve gathered more data and our new crew is looking into it.

Nos Button Failure - We believe there is an issue where NOS will not trigger if it’s pressed at the same time as the launch or within milliseconds of the launch. We are currently looking in to remedies.

And more...

* Changes may be made to releases at anytime up to submission.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev13

Comments

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Nice. Finally a spot to see what's actually going to be done instead of guessing. Thx.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    "(or enemies if you’re into that sort of thing)"

This gave me a pretty good chuckle......
    But thanks for the update and keep up the good work!!
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Yah .002-.003 rt you have a 90% chance of the nos not going off it's pretty annoying
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Alex2017Alex2017 Registered Users 14 Posts
    I'm not getting my 7 boost free after buying a silver crate and receiving car design

It will be so now?
  • RUSHV8RUSHV8 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Where is the NOS remove feature??
  • hyldnirhyldnir Registered Users 36 Posts
    Good work. I thought the nos issue was just me missing the button. Maybe not :)
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @RUSHV8 doesnt exist, and shouldn't even be on the drawling board
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Alex2017 said:

I'm not getting my 7 boost free after buying a silver crate and receiving car design

It will be so now?

Looking into that
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    I see the nos issue is in the horizon soon to come.. Just wanted to leave my info.
    Ign: T w i s t e d
    Android. LG stylo 2 plus
    It's the only issue I have. Only happens when I get a perfect launch with a rt under .010. It's cost me a lot of pinks :neutral:
    Thanks for the update
  • ExtinctAssasinExtinctAssasin Registered Users 2 Posts
    Well.......I hope it dosent lag anymore but great game and keep up the good work it's very very adicting
  • Monique42Monique42 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Hey can you please look into this. I can't do any special offers or watch videos if i try to do that it simply restart my game it's irritating me because i can't fix cars with no videos
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    So now that I know the devs see what's wrong, I'll wait it out
  • LegendOfTheKillLegendOfTheKill Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 2 Posts
    :(
  • LegendOfTheKillLegendOfTheKill Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 2 Posts
    please update as soon as possible.can't chat in private.puii
  • RUSHV8RUSHV8 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Before the 6.0, they told that they could add the NOS removal. In real life you can remove your nos if you don't want it anymore
  • Tu66yTu66y Registered Users 27 Posts
    edited March 2017
    @RUSHV8 By the looks of it, this update is only for the immediate pressing things that can be done relatively quickly. Things like nos etc. will probably be addressed when the data gathered from the "what's wrong with the game" and "what does the game need" streams is analysed and implemented.

I think it's better that they take their time with that. There are many, many things that people want to see happen, myself included. Better to analyse it carefully than throw in one thing at a time.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited March 2017
    @RUSHV8 the difference between real life and profability is a huge difference. Glu would shoot themselves clean in the foot if they added nos removal.

Yes the could charge a gem fee but that would be a one shot deal, cause no one gonna put it back on. Wouldn't be profitable after first rush and all desired cars are no nos.

They would lose all the profit in cars being no nos'd just as fast as they got it. Think about the shear volume of cars that won't be purchased via showroom, crate, and bb. That will far out way what they will get from gem No's removal.

That's another reason I'm #teamkeepthenos
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    ^^^Amen #teamkeepthenos !!!

• RUALEXARURUALEXARU Registered Users 8 Posts
    No fail!! The invalide ar not Fixed :(
  • daveb3774daveb3774 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Nos not working with rt. .001-.004
  • thunderbomb3thunderbomb3 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Where is the best place to post specific device issues now? Thank you.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Where is the best place to post specific device issues now? Thank you.

@thunderbomb3 In the Help section, in the appropriate sub-forum (be it an IOS based device, or Android based device). Thanks!
  • thunderbomb3thunderbomb3 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Much appreciated!
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Guys ..I'm green here..and have been going through some of the posts when I realised that there were in game issues which I was not aware of even if I race on a daily basis... I had never experienced issues with NOS..however I noticed that sometimes boost does not work. In such instances a boost would get deducted from the overall number of boosts I have but it does not work. Its like I'm racing without boost. Can someone else confirm this ? Is it just me ? ...even when there was the launching button issue...I didn't realise that it was the game but I was convinced that it's time to change mobile phone.. Was thinking that fault was the actual hardware.

Good forum. I will need to go through it to get updated on whats going on... can anyone confirm about the boost problem I'm having (it doesn't happen often but when it does I will need to reboot device) ...is it just me ?thanks
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Game lags alot more now. My game crashes after a few pinks. This is affecting other android users as well
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Guys ..I'm green here..and have been going through some of the posts when I realised that there were in game issues which I was not aware of even if I race on a daily basis... I had never experienced issues with NOS..however I noticed that sometimes boost does not work. In such instances a boost would get deducted from the overall number of boosts I have but it does not work. Its like I'm racing without boost. Can someone else confirm this ? Is it just me ? ...even when there was the launching button issue...I didn't realise that it was the game but I was convinced that it's time to change mobile phone.. Was thinking that fault was the actual hardware.

Good forum. I will need to go through it to get updated on whats going on... can anyone confirm about the boost problem I'm having (it doesn't happen often but when it does I will need to reboot device) ...is it just me ?thanks

First I've seen/ heard of this. When this happens, are you still launching / shifting the same? I ask because I've had runs in my Ford SVT Cobra...when I nail the run with boost, 9.720 (sometimes 9.719)....yet, if I miss the launch slightly, or screw up a shift, 9.73 sometimes 9.75, or even 9.8. So, the 9.8 runs feel like I'm not running boosted...until I turn it off and run without, and see that I can't hit anywhere near 9.8 unboosted.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    The chat still isn't working for me at least. Playing on iPhone 7s and pm's still work at random. Just noticed the overlap launch button isn't fixed and boosts turn themselves on and off at random. One last thing, game crashes after 3-5 races. Reboot the game and it still crashes
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Also just noticed every time you close the app and reopen it, it logs you out of Game Center or google play. You go to your player screen, click on Game Center, it logs you in and then if you close the app it logs you out.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    My chat is still not working. Unable to send message error shows. I unistalled game multiple times but to no avail.