Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Turf Crates

xRyZeSavageZxRyZeSavageZ Registered Users 210 Posts
Anyone know anything about whrn the turf crates will change?

Comments

• Options
    andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
    I don't want them to change the hsv and m3 re I love them
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Soon
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @Ryyst yay
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    xRyZeSavageZxRyZeSavageZ Registered Users 210 Posts
    No, im saving mine so when new cars come out i have a ton of crates to use on em
  • Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited March 2017
    What a let down. Am I the only one who is disappointed with the new cars ??? The zr1 and the evo were until recently showroom cars !!! What a joke. By comparison the former turf crate cars were a luxury !!!
    Not only that...the drop rate of the new cars bp is tempered. I have a number of rr accounts and have been saving my hard earned turf crates for the new cars !!!

From two accounts I opened 87 crates...one had 44 and the other 43.

The following is what I got...
    From account 1
    3x evo + 2bp
    2X Jav + 3bp
    1X zr1 + 4bp
    1X corvette dp + 0 bp

From account 2
    3X evo + 3bp
    2X jav + 2bp
    2X zr1 + 0no
    0X corvette dp + 3no

Total percentage of dropped crates taking into consideration 87 OPENED crates is as follows

40% chance u get an EVO
    28% chance u get a Javelin
    22% chance u get a zr1
    9% chance for a dP

Since there are 4 cars than drop rate per car should be in the region of 25% which the jav and Zr1 stats above are as should be. The other are not !!!

Is there any glu representative in the forum which can confirm this ?

I have other accounts which have similar number of turf crates and will open again if I'm proved that what I said is not true !!!
  • Options
    jsf20jsf20 Registered Users 170 Posts
    I opened 32 crates and got 1 of each and an extra evo and still have 2bp for evo and 4bp for zr1
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited March 2017
    @greenstaged you failed to mention they are free. I wish they would just take them away so all y'all whining complaining about free would stop whining.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    Free or not it's part of the game. My point remains. I'm not whining or complaining but what is white cannot be called black. Its the plain and simple truth of how things stand whether you like it or not. Perhaps you veterans of the game are so good that formed part of some good turf teams or still are ?? How many of us in the lower teams never managed to get a single turf car from turf wars..and now that racing rivals is promoting the turf crate I would also pretend that the drop rate is fair...Nothing to add. I was quite clear. The drop rate is tempered. No one will confirm this but stats prove it. All am asking is to be proved wrong !!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @jsf20 ...exactly my point. Similar stats apply.

Unless I'm mistaken crates should be 31 not 32.

Workings would result in

12bps x evo = 39%
    5 x jav = 16%
    9 x zr1 = 29%
    5 x dp = 16%

40 % of the time everyone will get an evo bp
  • Options
    Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    I only open 11 crates got DP car already

and few zr1 BP and few evo BP few jav.

First 4 crates I open gave me DP BP
  • Options
    Lucky you. From 87 crates I found only 8 blue prints.
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Yeah, disappointing none the less. Getting rid of the Evo shouldn't be a question. I don't mind the ZR1 as it has many great turf tunes IMO
  • Options
    Yes no one has said ty for the FREE crates. Lol pathetic

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @dwdtuning .let me be clear.I don't want to start a war of words but sincerely speaking I don't agree with you. It all boils down to perspective of what is and what is not free. If GLU or whoever give me and only me a RE than I wouldn't grumble or as you kindly put it ' whining'. That said I didn't get anything for free. The turf crates I got are the result of busting my tail off and to stay inside and lack time with my family which in itself is serious and considerate enough .but if you are after financials than yes I mention the mills i bought over the period of time and the vast amount of boosts I paid by gems which gems I bought out of my money...so after all these turf crates I WON and are the result of winning and part of the prices as offered by the game are not so free. I don't know why you lol or you state it's pathetic but it is besides the damn point....dp bp have a small rate drop compared to the ex showroom evo. The two are on extreme ends. I opened a further 32 turf crates and guess what ??? I got only 4 ' FREE ' dp blue prints !!!!.... I took screen shots and if you are wondering I have further 12 accounts which have roughly 45 turf crates each. I can open them all but fact remains. Stats don't lie. Corvete dp drop rate is tempered. Out of 119 ' not so free' crates I only managed to get 12 blue prints.
  • Options
    @dwdtuning Turf crates aren't free... Performance crates are free.. turf crates are a pay out for turfing. If you don't turf you get no crates.. by your logic turf cars are free too..
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

@dwdtuning Turf crates aren't free... Performance crates are free.. turf crates are a pay out for turfing. If you don't turf you get no crates.. by your logic turf cars are free too..

There was a time where turf crates didn't exist. If anything, they are additional bonus to the rewards that used to be given.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @aubassplayer turf crates are a free reward for turfing. Free. You don't pay for them. They are given freee for turfing. Free. Absolutely free. Turfing is also free if you know what your doing. Actually whole game is free. Free is free. Idgaf how yall think it's not, cause it it's free. 4 months ago was no turf crates. We didn't cry the last few years with no crates. Yet all yall cry cause the FREE crates aren't what you want.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @aubassplayer and btw performance crates aren't free. They cost 40 gems apiece. Yes some are given out free, but they aren't free.

Now turf crates. Absolutely free. Why? Cause you can't purchase them. All ypu can do is play the game and get FREE turf crate tokens. FREE.

I can't express FREE enough, cause seems like most of yall don't understand how that word works.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    crazycharocrazycharo Registered Users 14 Posts
    I appreciate the fact that theyve changed the turf crates after a long time. The blueprint drop rate is a little difficult to digest, but I understand also. The Chevy DP is a R2 car, with the Jav being R, ZR1 being S, and Evo X being B.. So it makes sense that they wouldnt give out R2 cars very often as a B class car. They are meant to be rare and harder to get therefore the lower drop rate.

I have an issue with the Evo X being a Turf Crate car though. It was given away as a free car when new players started out in the game in the Bronze crates and have been in the showroom.

With this being said.. Thank you to Glu / Carbonated for your continued support and for keeping this game that I love running and operational.
  • Options
    @dwdtuning so all the t1, t5 ,t25 and t100 cars you have were free also?? Can't but them but they give them away free.......
  • Options
    @aubassplayer this game is 98% free enterprise now. They game itsself, turfing , boost, repairs all that is 100% percent paid for by other racers cars. My garages are also 100% paid for by pink slips. So yes, all my turfs are now free. Took 3 years to get my garage how I like it. But at the end of the day now. I make a profit off rr. I make really $$$ off a app in my free time. FREE IS FREE ;)

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @dwdtuning lmfao. Aren't you the one that doesn't want nos removal because it would ruin the value of your FREE cars in your garage?? I haven't said anything about what's in the turf crates... Just said that they dont just give you a turf crate for doing nothing. (Like they do with performance crates).
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @aubassplayer I mainly don't want nos cause I feel people need to learn how to tune. And race. Not complain all your cars have nos.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    Every one has a Brain to think and believes what he wants. I know how much money I paid to get crates, buy gems and rrc. Everyone can conclude by himself if turf crates are free our not. To get them you need to race.to race you need to use boosts. Boosts are not obtained for free... Free boosts with crates are not self sustainable. What ever Mr. God says here... In order to strive in this game you need money. Crates are the result of winning. To win and win big you need to be in top teams and it's not a secret to say that they need maxed tuned cars..and these cost money unless you can race with just a car and win everything before damaging it ..which there again you'll need gems to repair. Whatever.
  • Options
    ^ maybe you need all that to win, but everyone doesnt. I race with usually only 2 cars and take hundreds of mills worth of cars every showdown or turf I put my cars in. And these cars are not maxed. Now I sell all the cars for real $$ and buy my boost with someone else's wallet. Again it might take YOU all that effort to be a successful racer. Again in order to strive in this game you have to have balls. The game is FREE

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options

Every one has a Brain to think and believes what he wants. I know how much money I paid to get crates, buy gems and rrc. Everyone can conclude by himself if turf crates are free our not. To get them you need to race.to race you need to use boosts. Boosts are not obtained for free... Free boosts with crates are not self sustainable. What ever Mr. God says here... In order to strive in this game you need money. Crates are the result of winning. To win and win big you need to be in top teams and it's not a secret to say that they need maxed tuned cars..and these cost money unless you can race with just a car and win everything before damaging it ..which there again you'll need gems to repair. Whatever.

Pretty much everything you've said here is, unfortunately, incorrect.

You don't need gems, you don't need boost, and you don't need to spend money to win. It's all in how you play the game.

You can get gems for free - the only thing it costs you is time to watch videos, time to compete in showdown, and time to complete the daily challenges.

In turf - if you get on a decent team (by decent I mean everyone participates), you can get to a position that wins turf crates. I do it every single weekend, and I don't spend a dime.

You don't need gems to repair a car - you just need the initial payment of RRC, and time.

As much as folks would love to believe - this is NOT a pay to win game. In fact, spending money in this game is basically a way to try to shortcut your way to the top. However, you don't NEED to spend money. Anything in this game can be had with time, patience, and determination. That, is a fact.

• Options
    ^ truth

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    Not everything... Drop rate for the dp is extremely low and for the evo is extremely high. :-p
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I think this thread has run it's course, so I'm going to go ahead and close this one. I'm also going to remove the posts with the colorful language, as that's not acceptable / appropriate for this section of the forum. Please keep that in the UTS section. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.