Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Let's talk about crates please

2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
So I'm not sure if a new user has a better algorithms or I'm just crazy :lol:

I purchase crates with my 3.5 yr old account, million plus street cred and level 250...... get complete junk, no paint, no wheels, crappy blueprints and a bunch of free crappy Nissan 2000 GTR or 2011 wrx.

Then I purchase same amount of crates with a level 38 account, 15k street cred and get a gold mine of goodies :lol: , only problem is... I now have to transfer cars over to install said goodies.

Is there a better algorithm for new users to keep them inclined to stay or buy more?
OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

Comments

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Even if it is different. They will never admit it.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Tbh, while they do say everything is random, in bleak reality its just not. They have a setup system that is meant to get peope to buy and keep things balanced. And dwd is right tho, even if there is a system, they wont say anything about it or give details cause then we would just go find ways around it and then it would be a total mess
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Tbh, while they do say everything is random, in bleak reality its just not. They have a setup system that is meant to get peope to buy and keep things balanced. And dwd is right tho, even if there is a system, they wont say anything about it or give details cause then we would just go find ways around it and then it would be a total mess

And you have some source of information that makes you 100% certain of this?
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    You can't handle the truth. :D

IGN : 1320killer
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Well, M.I.T. says machines can't create a truly random number....
    From M.I.T website.
    You can program a machine to generate what can be called “random” numbers, but the machine is always at the mercy of its programming. “On a completely deterministic machine you can’t generate anything you could really call a random sequence of numbers,” says Ward, “because the machine is following the same algorithm to generate them. Typically, that means it starts with a common ‘seed’ number and then follows a pattern.” The results may be sufficiently complex to make the pattern difficult to identify, but because it is ruled by a carefully defined and consistently repeated algorithm, the numbers it produces are not truly random. “They are what we call ‘pseudo-random’ numbers,” Ward says.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • [RR] Dupe[RR] Dupe Moderators 21 Posts
    For the record, there's no special "new user" vs "old user" logic that the crates run through.

I had a very interesting experience myself buying LOTS of crates across 3 devices. Over the last few weeks I've had very different experiences on these different devices (3 different play styles and spend patterns). I had a similar question and the answer I got satisfied my concern in the short term.

That said, I have some ideas on how to change / improve the crates to deliver what's important to different users and allow for that pattern and expectation to change over time. As you might imagine, a new user WANTS BP's and an existing user may ONLY want a single wheel, or headlight. We hope to provide different mechanisms and systems for these very different users over time. Please hang in there with us, EVERYTHING takes time, and in time, you can have everything.
    Or why not just add different crates that hold different things? Like a BP crate and a accessory crate?
    And IMO, but it is kinda obvious the crates aren't truly random. It took my 14 year old ass $175 to find that out and other people have easily spent more and learned the hard way.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited March 2017
    2HIPSI said:

So I'm not sure if a new user has a better algorithms or I'm just crazy :lol:

I purchase crates with my 3.5 yr old account, million plus street cred and level 250...... get complete junk, no paint, no wheels, crappy blueprints and a bunch of free crappy Nissan 2000 GTR or 2011 wrx.

Then I purchase same amount of crates with a level 38 account, 15k street cred and get a gold mine of goodies :lol: , only problem is... I now have to transfer cars over to install said goodies.

Is there a better algorithm for new users to keep them inclined to stay or buy more?

Yesterday I decided to open all of my bronze crates from a number of side accounts (all level 30 or less) which I use to double / triple / quadruple/ etc etc claim. I have been saving these crates from turf prizes for these last 3months or so. Basically I had the equivalent of 3 batches on each. ... ie 27 bronze crates. (silver and turf crates were left unopened). I wanted the lambo at all costs !!..

Basically and in short I didn't find a single paint / rims / underglow or headlights. Just bps !!!

Some food for thought I would say
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    edited March 2017
    I have been clearing out cache before spending gems on crates. I also wait until racer club to purchase. chances are better with multiple bonus crates and goodies. last go around I felt good with the drop rate as I ended up with multiple Pandoras both bp and bronze drop only 2 nissan and an even amount of rims etc. my account is 250 with 164ksc and about 2.5 years old. 99% of gems from racer showdown and turf. no complaints here.