Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Our Bad

Comments

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Lmao @The_Guy you paid $200 for gems.. what you did with the gems is on you.. you could have bought gold crates.. yes, you bought something of value in the game.. GEMS. They are still the same value now as they were then.. smh...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Tu66yTu66y Registered Users 27 Posts
    edited March 2017
    This is getting entertaining now. Lol. Talk about your all time colossal cockups!

So all teams ranked 1-100 will end up with 2 paintables plus 500 gems?

Fine with me. Just wanted to clarify.
    Thanks for clarifying @JINXX
  • The_GuyThe_Guy Registered Users 8 Posts
    edited March 2017
    You don't have to buy anything for gems anymore. Just keep calling out glu on here and fb pages.

They would keep on getting frustrated and giving out all cars for free one by one. Next is the K1, Agera RS and RSR for free!!
    Despite this rollercoaster ride with the focus, it's nice to see more transparency in the updates on the situation, on social media channels. Keep it up in all aspects of the game, please - positive or negative.
  • DietzstructionDietzstruction Registered Users 666 Posts
    Are @The_Guy's only 7 posts what he has posted here, or has he actually started 7 topics?
  • Zero 2 one hundredZero 2 one hundred Registered Users 2,556 Posts
    People turf to get exclusive cars. Having thousands of paintable focus RS RE's out there isnt what i would call "exclusive". So we pretty much turfed to get a free car? Unbelievable.. I think giving out gems would have been sufficient for the people that didnt turf to be honest.
  • f150lifef150life Registered Users 177 Posts
    I'm just glad I sold mine minutes before this was posted
  • DreamwanDreamwan Registered Users 245 Posts
    I sold mine too for 30m. Now the value is zero.
  • The_GuyThe_Guy Registered Users 8 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Hugely dumb move. If this is how carbonated thinks and works, I won't be surprised even one bit on why they went bankrupt and shut down back in 2008.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonated_Games

Only to come back and apply their stupid ideas to ruin Racing Rivals again.

God save Racing Rivals. I see the end near with all paying players and turfers leaving as their prizes are worth "nothing" anymore and getting distributed as freebies. This is gonna be the next nitto1320 and nitro legends.
  • Gavrilo2168Gavrilo2168 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I dont know if this is happening to anyone else but the game wont even start for me now, gets to stage 3 or some times 4, and just crashes.I have reinstalled it numerous times and still it aint working.If you can help please do im desperate lol.
  • samtrcr3samtrcr3 Registered Users 1 Posts
    This is **** stupid they **** all t100 over for there **** up make us waste money for tunning that turf 15mill gone to waste so they can give everyone the **** car and make it worthless give me my damn Mills I wasted on that turf idgaf about gems I could get those 3x lazy ass people that don't do their work right do what you guys said first if all checked who claimed instead if being lazy and checking who has car in garage and would have been fine no mess but **** us over for you're mistake smfh
  • AshoSpeedAshoSpeed Registered Users 4,151 Posts
    @The_Guy give him the world record for the quickest ban ever
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    AshoSpeed said:

@The_Guy give him the world record for the quickest ban ever

Actually, he hasn't done anything ban worthy. People are allowed to voice their opinions / feelings on here, provided they do it in a respectable way....IE no foul language (purposely going around the filter), threats, name calling, etc.
    The_Guy said:

Hugely dumb move. If this is how carbonated thinks and works, I won't be surprised even one bit on why they went bankrupt and shut down back in 2008.

God save Racing Rivals. I see the end near with all paying players and turfers leaving as their prizes are worth "nothing" anymore and getting distributed as freebies. This is gonna be the next nitto1320 and nitro legends.

Are you absolutely positive that the Carbonated referenced in that Wikipedia article (which is great source of information - good thing the articles can't be edited by anyone....oh, wait), is the same studio that took over the development work for Racing Rivals? I'd double check your facts.
    Lmao at all the people crying about them giving the car for free.. it's not like they didn't or won't get what they turfed for. Every t100 team is getting like 2-3 cars and 500gems.. smh. Someone call the waaaaabulance.
  • GeoGeo Registered Users 4 Posts
    No that not makes it right... As a regular top 100 runner its really unfair for some people to get 3 'turf' cars and 575 gems from a turf when i have ran my ass off for some really disarable cars and got nothing more that what i was supposed to do. It might hurts more as i didnt turf this week cause it was just another CRATE CAR again! Also in addition those players will start with an advantage of 350+ of boost for nothing as we are talking for top100 here. If you want to be fair from my point of you, is to give to everyone or to noone the 500 gems... This car will always be a crate car even if y change the colour
    Did the t100 teams get what they turfed for?? Yes and more.. so wtf???? It's all property of glu anyway.. they can do what they want. The shear whiney butthurtness is killing me. Lolol
  • JINXXJINXX Registered Users 870 Posts
    @aubassplayer FR FR! They get 3 cars? Like wtf lmao your getting 3 cars and 500 gems. Quit bitc.hing and grow up
    Geo said:

No that not makes it right... As a regular top 100 runner its really unfair for some people to get 3 'turf' cars and 575 gems from a turf when i have ran my **** off for some really disarable cars and got nothing more that what i was supposed to do. It might hurts more as i didnt turf this week cause it was just another CRATE CAR again! Also in addition those players will start with an advantage of 350+ of boost for nothing as we are talking for top100 here. If you want to be fair from my point of you, is to give to everyone or to noone the 500 gems... This car will always be a crate car even if y change the colour

You realize that you are one of the people getting 3 cars, and gems, right?
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    wait, wait, everybody gets a free car? yeeeeeesssss!!!!!!!! when? :p
  • KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
    edited March 2017
    @WISEWOLF
    What your suggesting people do in your video is how people got banned before you idiot. And I'm glad people that done that stupid stuff got banned !
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

The_Guy said:

Are you absolutely positive that the Carbonated referenced in that Wikipedia article (which is great source of information - good thing the articles can't be edited by anyone....oh, wait), is the same studio that took over the development work for Racing Rivals? I'd double check your facts.
    That is not the same company.

http://www.carbonated.com/
    https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/10663207/

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Wow this really is a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of thing... people are gonna whine no matter which way you go. For top 100 you get a crate car, 2 paintable cars and 500 gems. Have you ever won that in a turf before? I sure haven't.

And people still bi.tch... Smh...
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Lmao ☝️☝️☝️
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    We can call them whiners snowflakes.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    The_Guy said:

You don't have to buy anything for gems anymore. Just keep calling out glu on here and fb pages.

They would keep on getting frustrated and giving out all cars for free one by one. Next is the K1, Agera RS and RSR for free!!

That is grasping at straws and actually has no basis on anything we've done. This gesture wasn't based on "players whining" it was us looking at the situation as a whole and saying, "Yeah, this is all kinds of messed up. Let's just give everyone a free paintable car and the top 100 teams gems to make up for it"

Week to week players have demanded free cars. Despite the outcry, we never have acquiesced. Yes, we've given out cars to everyone for free, usually in response to issues we've been responsible for... just like this issue.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

edited March 2017
    No crying here @[RR]Ryyst. I have like 10 of the crate ones.. now there's just more in game for me to collect..