Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

6.1.1 Patch Notes

Comments

• NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    Have to reboot after a couple of races...fck this game is a mess....please fix...
  • dawnkkongdawnkkong Registered Users 10 Posts
    After this update my account gets kicked off after a race. Is this something that is being addressed? I was unable to race in this past turf due to this issue
  • rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Game crashing non stop in the middle of races on Galaxy S7, have reinstalled the game multiple times and no improvement.

And also why do we get notification such as friends online or parts installed during races, this is very annoying specially when the lights are counting down
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    rsxpwr said:

Game crashing non stop in the middle of races on Galaxy S7, have reinstalled the game multiple times and no improvement.

And also why do we get notification such as friends online or parts installed during races, this is very annoying specially when the lights are counting down

You can turn those off in the racer settings if they are too burdensome.
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited March 2017
    We could shut off all notifications completely, but that's not his point.

There should be no notifications during a race period. 5.3 behaved properly and Glu hasn't bothered to fix this on any ver 6 updates
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Lag is very bad. Game crashes, tuning lags. People will end up quitting due to this.
  • adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    Chat and nos issues still persist.
    Glad the game was made split-screen compatible on android 7. Really makes stuff like tuning and dealing easier
  • AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts
    My game isn't loading AT ALL!!!! WITH THIS NEW UPDATE @Roush Sport on none of my 2 Android tablets one is a Samsung and the other is an Alcatel
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Tavian660videoTavian660video Registered Users 7 Posts
    I just updated and I can't get into my game like it says update google play services then it kicks me our PLz fix
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited March 2017
    I'm having issues on a daily basis after I claim the performance crates. After the second vid ends I will be redirected automatically to the crate store and the game hangs up. I will need to restart game and access turf crates from the map rather than the side link in my garage. This is happening on a daily basis. I reinstalled game over and over but problem persists.
    edited March 2017
    [RR] Ryyst the game isn't loading on any of my android devices , it installs then says "unfortunately racing rivals has stopped working" I can't even a access the game, a response would be appreciated [RR] Ryyst
  • jayant271081jayant271081 Registered Users 4 Posts
    null
    Hi iam stock to what i can do please help me
  • jayant271081jayant271081 Registered Users 4 Posts
    null
    I maen my gam stock on step 3 i have a galaxy s7edge
    I've seen on android that the game is requesting an update to google play services. Once you update that, from my experience, the game works as it should.

We could shut off all notifications completely, but that's not his point.

There should be no notifications during a race period. 5.3 behaved properly and Glu hasn't bothered to fix this on any ver 6 updates

I understand his point, and the point that you are making. The days of 5.3 are gone. They included the option to turn off notifications...if you chose not to exercise that option, that's fine...but don't get upset when a notification comes through while you are racing. Different folks play the game in different ways, so the options are there with the intention that the player can customize their experience to their liking. Personally I shut everything off. If there was a way to keep text messages and phone calls from occurring while playing, I'd do that as well.....unfortunately, there isn't on my phone.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @Roush Sport try WiFi only turn data off for no text and call, unless you have WiFi calling on
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    dwdtuning said:

@Roush Sport try WiFi only turn data off for no text and call, unless you have WiFi calling on

I use Wifi calling, unfortunately, and I have to be available 24/7 for my job. So, there is no "shutting off" of communications in that regard.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    I'm not that important :p @Roush Sport
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    This update didn't do nothing lolz it's actually worse than before :unamused: the game crashes occasionally while loading and aslo crashes after completing a race which sucks because in turf I can't even crush cats for damnn points it gets really annoying tbh need to be fixed asap ...but for showdown it's not biggie I don't crush
    -yall didn't even fix the nos or chat bs
  • walshewalshe Registered Users 6 Posts
    My game won't work wen updated
    @Roush Sport WTF is going on!!!, none of my android devices are working since I had to or....was forced to update and none of you moderators have said anything about it, obviously I'm not the only one having this problem and being completely ignored
    Have you updated Google Play services? If not, try that...then try relaunching the game. The short time that I had that issue, updating Google Play solved it.

@Anonymous I'd suggest looking around the forum a bit, as I posted this in other threads as well. That, and us "mods" don't always know what's going on. We're no different from you - normal players of the game. We don't have any insider information more than anyone else.

As I said - try updating, and see if you still have the issue.
    Tried that just now, still doesn't work @Roush Sport any info I can give you that can help with fixing this problem?
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Mine did the same thing.. kept saying Google play quit working. I updated Google play and it's fixed
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    @Anonymous Honestly bud if you updated the google play service, rebooted, relaunched and it's still not working, I'm not sure. Are you getting any sort of error message? Is the game freezing while loading? What is the exact problem? I need a bit more than "my game just doesn't work".
    @Roush Sport yes it freezes on loading screen
    Sorry I couldn't rotate pic
    At times I can also hear the music playing in the background after it freezes
    @Anonymous Try again. If you've got your account synced, completely uninstall and reinstall the game (don't go into settings and just clear data). Then try launching again and see / advise what happens.
  • JamesBond007JamesBond007 Registered Users 23 Posts
    edited March 2017
    null @Anonymous
    This! Omg I even asked customer care about it.. they told me to try the obvious things that I thought about way before I contacted them. Telling me basic stuff like I'm retarded. They have no clue how to help and just tell you they're sorry for the inconvenience.. been like this for 3 days and no one on forums seem to care
    @JamesBond007 I agree , I have 3 devices and all are sticking and not loading