Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Our Bad

13Next

Comments

• CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts
    If crate cars shouldn't be a Turf reward, than crate/showroom cars shouldn't be a reward for Turf crates either IMO. As much as the turf crates are a very nice incentive for turf teams, the Evo X was a bronze crate car for a while. Turf crates take a lot more time to get than bronze crates yet we now have to work for over 2 weeks likely to get a car that was just available in the showroom and had a pretty high drop rate in bronze crates (at least for me it was, I've got like 10 of the wrapped Evo's).

Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for the turf crate refresh as I'm sure a lot of others are. There are just too many choices for a B class car that would have made much more sense and actually would have been a "reward".
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • DietzstructionDietzstruction Registered Users 666 Posts
    @Coorzman save em then
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    just saw on Twitter only top 100 teams receiving the car and gems. I thought everybody was receiving the car. Maybe I misunderstood. sounded great though. :(
  • Zero 2 one hundredZero 2 one hundred Registered Users 2,556 Posts
    The issue is the car that was given away...why does it have to be the paintable RS? Why not just give everyone the crate version? The reason why I turf is to get cars you normally can't get..which makes it worth the prep and tuning.
  • Tu66yTu66y Registered Users 27 Posts
    Lmao. Just went into a full lobby and every single car in it was a paintable focus Rs re. :D
  • GeoGeo Registered Users 4 Posts

Geo said:

No that not makes it right... As a regular top 100 runner its really unfair for some people to get 3 'turf' cars and 575 gems from a turf when i have ran my **** off for some really disarable cars and got nothing more that what i was supposed to do. It might hurts more as i didnt turf this week cause it was just another CRATE CAR again! Also in addition those players will start with an advantage of 350+ of boost for nothing as we are talking for top100 here. If you want to be fair from my point of you, is to give to everyone or to noone the 500 gems... This car will always be a crate car even if y change the colour

You realize that you are one of the people getting 3 cars, and gems, right?
    No i am not on of them, because i am not turfing when crate cars are out
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    @Geo I took your post to mean that you were on a top 100 team when this fiasco happened. I apologize, as I initially misread your post.
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    There have been crate cars in the past that became turfs...one example that quickly comes to mind was the Cougar Eliminator...I'm pretty sure there may have been others too but the Cougar stands out for me for that exact reason... The only difference on em is that all but wheels paint and headlights are "locked" on the turf version and are not on the crate car