Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ban Hammer Unleashed pt II

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
For a few weeks now we have been investigating a possible exploit using tournaments. We found a weak point, like on the frickin Death Star but unlike the Empire. we plugged the 2 meter womprat sized thermal exhaust port so the exploit cannot be used again.

Additionally we looked into the accounts that were using the exploit and proceeded to ban them from the game. All 2300+ of them. Bloody rebel scum!

#sorrynotsorry #endofstarwarsreferences

For those not versed in Star Wars....

There was an exploit. We fixed it. We banned 2300 accounts for it.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev13

Comments

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Awesome job!!!!
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts
    that what im talking about..thanks for the free car ryyst
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    And before anyone asks, we have not yet addressed the Street Charger yet. That is slated to be fixed in 6.2
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• custom blur 227custom blur 227 Registered Users 126 Posts
    Good job refreshing to see
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    Mass ban ftw
  • roadblock97roadblock97 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Sins i updated the game i canot get on
  • roadblock97roadblock97 Registered Users 3 Posts
    What can i do to play
  • Kill switchKill switch Registered Users 4 Posts
    Would this be the auto loss issue in tournament? I recently came second on tournament after I won the finals and the racer seems to dnf everyone
  • Ridahz2015Ridahz2015 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Ryyst I have actually been banned on 3 accounts due to this. Never have cheated or glitched the system. Had numerous people have me disqualified and disconnected. Was only using the tokens built up on my accounts and now banned on them. Is there anyway you can help me? They were in a 1610 lobby.
  • omargonzalezquilesomargonzalezquiles Registered Users 3 Posts
    Thanks for the Focus Ryyst. You guys are the best. I'm a team leader and my whole team is happy.
  • Winstonwolf71Winstonwolf71 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Did you also ban accounts with the Charger SE ? My main account has now been banned. I've never ever did any crap like your talking about although I've reported numerous farmers doing it to me!
    I have used my Charger SE. That's NOT on me though. That's on your coders for screwing it up.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

I have used my Charger SE. That's NOT on me though. That's on your coders for screwing it up.

You weren't banned because of the Charger. Read the original post again.
  • Superhemi3365Superhemi3365 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Good job
    I read the post. What I'm saying is, in typical Glu fashion, they **** up a wet dream. My best guess is that they didn't vette the accounts they banned. Probably just did a mass ban with the intent of sorting it out.
    I was using a 1610 rated car in the tournaments. Was lagged/disconnected/disqualified to hell. But wanted to use my tokens up on my spare accounts. Couldn't believe they got banned.

I was using a 1610 rated car in the tournaments. Was lagged/disconnected/disqualified to hell. But wanted to use my tokens up on my spare accounts. Couldn't believe they got banned.

Who joins a tournament with a 1610 rated car and hopes to be competitive? C'mon man.

I read the post. What I'm saying is, in typical Glu fashion, they **** up a wet dream. My best guess is that they didn't vette the accounts they banned. Probably just did a mass ban with the intent of sorting it out.

We can sit here and guess, assume, etc, all day long. Bottom line is if your account was banned, I'm 99% sure there was a reason. Interesting that you made an account just to come here and complain....have you sent a ticket to customer service requesting the ban be removed, or at least an explanation for why the account was banned?

You said you've reported numerous "farmers" doing it to you. How did you report it?
  • The DogHouseThe DogHouse Registered Users 4 Posts
    You banned the good with the bad. I've been running tournaments with my f40. Guys running mc12 akways get disconnected but keep coming back. If they do race, the race never starts. It times out. I shoyld not get banned for them trying to disconnect me all the time
    @Roush Sport do you actually know what tuning and lobby tuning is all about? Maybe you have only just learned a 1610 lobby upwards exists. Regarding competitive please feel free to take a look and you'll see the competition. Just because you only deal with 1650 upwards don't be a kill joy to all the rest. 1 account has now been unbanned and I'm awaiting a response for the rest. Have a good day sir.
    @Ridahz2015 Actually, I'm quite familiar with the game, lobby tuning, and how it works. You assume I only use 1650 and up. You know what happens when you assume, right?

I've run a 1610 car...it's not the optimal rating for tournament, showdown, or turf. Your best bet would have been to build it to 35. No point in arguing though.

If you truly didn't take part in the problem that brought this ban about, then I'm sorry to see you suffered repercussions. On the other hand if you did take part......
    Yes @Roush Sport I messaged customer service. I didn't just come here and bitch. You need to stop talking because you obviously have no clue. There's 1610 tunes out there that murder in the tournament. And no. By having your account banned. It doesn't automatically mean you did something wrong. Every ban that they have done has snared good and bad. I came here because Ryyst is the mouthpiece for Glu. I want this resolved. Customer service takes forever.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Can someone please explain this ? What is hammer unleashed ? Am trying to understand what happened and how racers were cheating. What's wrong with the charger SE? I have a ton of them and all I can say I haven't found a tune for it and that car is slow for R class. Any one cares to clarify what's happening ?
  • hederson leonardohederson leonardo Registered Users 3 Posts
    thanks u bro. good job
    edited March 2017

Yes @Roush Sport I messaged customer service. I didn't just come here and ****. You need to stop talking because you obviously have no clue. There's 1610 tunes out there that murder in the tournament. And no. By having your account banned. It doesn't automatically mean you did something wrong. Every ban that they have done has snared good and bad. I came here because Ryyst is the mouthpiece for Glu. I want this resolved. Customer service takes forever.

Easy buddy - I never said if you had your account banned that you automatically did something wrong. Easy on the assumptions. I said if the account was banned, I'm 99% sure there was a reason for it. I didn't say what the reason was / is.

The 1610 thing....now, I'm guessing...I admit that....but I'd guess that the majority of folks running a 1610 car are new to the game, and as such, haven't mastered running their car. What you are doing gives the impression of taking advantage of less skillful players.

I understand you want this resolved - who wouldn't. Bear in mind though, the forums are not a short cut to customer service. Posting on here doesn't get your issue resolved any faster than anyone else. The only option is to submit the ticket to CS, and wait. If you've already submitted the ticket, then you'll be reviewed and possibly resolved.
  • 12HDM0412HDM04 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Lmao Go Ryyst
    What's the 1610 had got to do with gems?? How were these so called scammers getting gems in an illicit way ???
    @greenstaged I think you are confusing a few things.

This ban was issued due to an exploit that has been discovered in the tournament system. Basically, players figured out a way to glitch the tournaments and automatically win. Folks were using that exploit to rack up a lot of money in their accounts. The exploit has been fixed, and anyone that was discovered to have used said exploit was banned. It appears that there was collateral damage as well, as...if you review this thread - there have been a few that state they have been banned despite not doing anything wrong. I can't validate or invalidate those claims, as I don't have that level of access to the game / servers, etc.

As for the illicit activities surrounding gems - in a nutshell, it was found that players were exploiting the offers provided by Fyber on the offer wall. They would load up new accounts with gems, and would then sell the accounts. Once it was discovered that was occurring, again...anyone involved in those activities was banned, and the ability to conduct said activity was stopped.

Now - that being said, you may or may not have heard about the chargeback fiasco, which in a way, ties to exploiting Fyber. I'm not going to get into the details of that here, as it'd be a really lengthy post.

Bottom line is play the game as it's intended, and you'll never have to worry about being banned. If you are inadvertently banned (again, thinking of the guys above that claim they were banned by mistake), CS can and will review any ticket / claim you make, and will either re-instate your account, or will provide an explanation as to why the ban on your account occurred.

Hope this clears it up for you. :)
    edited March 2017
    @Roush Sport thanks mate... I never use the offer wall as those offer never work for me. I was under the impression that the offer wall in itself was a big fiasco and to use the game to market other products without giving any gems back. At least that what I have been hearing all along. Thanks again.

Re the 1610 I don't know anything about it and have read about it for the very first time. Don't know the details but I wonder how would it come to ones mind too run in a 1610 lobby. Do these low lobbies even exist ? I was under the impression that lowest possible lobby was the 25

@Roush Sport thanks mate... I never use the offer wall as those offer never work for me. I was under the impression that the offer wall in itself was a big fiasco and to use the game to market other products without giving any gems back. At least that what I have been hearing all along. Thanks again.

Re the 1610 I don't know anything about it and have read about it for the very first time. Don't know the details but I wonder how would it come to ones mind too run in a 1610 lobby. Do these low lobbies even exist ? I was under the impression that lowest possible lobby was the 25

Just tested it myself - yep, the 1610 lobby exists, and it's full of new people. Some might say, in the tournament world, it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel. Easy win, but little to no skill required.