Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

6.1.1 Patch Notes

13Next

Comments

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    I'm still looking into this guys. I haven't received a response yet. Rest assured that as soon as I do, I'll post about it.
    Ok - you guys that are having issues - please advise. I know some of you have updated Google Play (looking at you @Anonymous). For those that haven't, please do so.

This goes for everyone having the issue - When you attempted to load the game, did you give it permission to access your photos, files, etc?
    @JamesBond007
  • AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts
    edited March 2017
    I gave it permission to do that @Roush Sport . Are all Android users experiencing this same problem????
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    @Anonymous

Not all - some had the issue, and updating the Google Play service resolved it. I have a few android devices - none of them are having an issue.

Ryyst is looking into this today once he gets into the office, so hopefully the issue can be identified and corrected. I can't promise that though - as there are a litany of factors that determine how fast the issue can be identified, and then fixed.
    Ok @Roush Sport thanks for the response.
    One last question, if this issue isn't rectified in the 7 days we were given to claim the free Ford focus re does that mean we will not receive the car at all?
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    So does anyone have an idea why the game keeps restarting suddenly with no warning in the middle of races?
    Anonymous said:

Ok @Roush Sport thanks for the response.

One last question, if this issue isn't rectified in the 7 days we were given to claim the free Ford focus re does that mean we will not receive the car at all?

@Anonymous
    I can't comment on that, as right now, I don't know how that'll be handled, should it come to that. One thing at a time....let them focus (no pun intended) on finding out what the issue is and fixing it first.

• JamesBond007JamesBond007 Registered Users 23 Posts
    Yes @Roush Sport i allowed all permissions for the game
    @JamesBond007 Can you advise as to your device make and model, your version of android, the IGN on the account this is happening to? If you have the ability to do so, can you try loading the game on a different device, and see if the problem still occurs?
    @Roush Sport I'm using a Samsung j5 sm-j500h on android 5.1.1

My IGN is: ken Bl0ck (has 2 spaces) my team is desert dogs.

Only seeing Android users experiencing this problem
    edited March 2017
    @[RR] Ryyst
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    Currently am experiening similar problems like the ones mentioned above. The only difference is that when I launch the game it remains stuck on the initial glu / nitto grayish emblem. The game initialization process to load game never kicks in. This is happening more and more often. Usually I retry till game loads.

@JamesBond007 Can you advise as to your device make and model, your version of android, the IGN on the account this is happening to? If you have the ability to do so, can you try loading the game on a different device, and see if the problem still occurs?

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 running Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. Even happens when I reinstall and skip login, but my original ign is j4m3s b0nd 007. I have nothing else to try it on
  • chargercanchargercan Registered Users 5 Posts
    Still crashing at stage 4 startup stage 1 of 7.
    I'm using a Samsung galaxy S5 SMG900A. ANDROID 4.4.4
    Ok guys just found out something, when you load the game sometimes it still plays the music for the game in the background, even though you see an error, in actual fact you are logged into the game at this point and will be seen as online. Therefore this would allow you to collect your free ford focus re , you still are not able to access the game but at least you can still get the free car , just make sure after seeing the error to leave it for about 10 seconds until you hear the music in background.
    @Anonymous yes I noticed this, but I still wanna play!
    @JamesBond007 so do I bro, my team won't collect any gems this week because I can't turf or most of the other members :(
    @Anonymous my team had a simple 5k min and I can't even turf.. already got a notification saying I was kicked lol
  • chargercanchargercan Registered Users 5 Posts
    Being kicked isn't the problem. Not being able to load the game is.
  • walshewalshe Registered Users 6 Posts
    My game won't work since I updated it just crashes
    walshe said:

My game won't work since I updated it just crashes

• Burnout671Burnout671 Registered Users 3,975 Posts
    Need to fix chat still giving the issues for PM