Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

FPS....

PsalmC34V22PsalmC34V22 Registered Users 40 Posts
Though I like the old version as it's far superior to the new one... My biggest issue is that the game is now unplayable.

Though my phone isn't the greatest, it ran rivals at 60fps+ up until this 6.0 update. Now I am running the game at a peak of maybe 10fps, and that's after disabling the special effects/shading..

I could honestly care less that the graphics are way worse, that some cars are missing, and that some of my matte painted cars are now in factory oem paint after the update. Though those things suck... The absolute worst thing is that the game is now rendered unplayable. How am I supposed to launch at >10fps...

And what's even sicker, is the fact that I pay to play this game. I literally just bought a $49.99 gem package yesterday that I can't even enjoy now.

My phone/device is an Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL. No, it's not amazing. But it ran racing rivals amazing until this update.

As a long term player of the game, and all the money spent... I'm extremely disappointed and let down. Granted, it's just a game. But it was my only game.

Though this comment here is strictly an opinion... What the hell would have been so bad about just adding 20 new cars? That's what everyone loves... New cars to enjoy and/or work to obtain. Maybe add some tuning features or whatever seems intriguing... But why.... Why destroy what didn't need fixing...?

Again, my main concern is the fps. I literally can't even play now. Very disappointed and feel personally shut out by the devs. If you're going to make the game as graphically demanding as it is now... Let people know your intentions ahead of time before they spend money on a game they'll no longer be able to play.

Low blow Glu. Low.. Low blow. Admist my frustrations... I will still say thanks for the great times I had playing. And I'll apologize for you, sorry you had to ruin the game for myself and many others.

Comments

• Options
    So is it safe to assume that the only way I'll be able to play again is by dumping $500+ into a more advanced device? Shame how my current phone ran the game great with no limitations, yet now it's literally unplayable.

This was a great game that operated well on a large scale of devices. Unfortunately it's now a game designed only for those fortunate enough to drop half a grand on a phone. I'd open a ticket in game asking for my $50 back from my recent gem purchase but I'm sure I'll just be wasting my time.

God bless, and thanks again for shutting the door.
  • Options
    Haha... Not even a single reply from Glu. Such a low ball move. My garage just sits. All the money I've spent and this is how I get treated. Awesome development team.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We've added a number of Alcatel devices to our growing list of devices we need to tweak. graphic settings for. Within the next few days, once we've made those changes, we hope you'll be able to play again
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Holy God thanks for showing me you're working on it. Gives me hope. As right now I'm just watching my friends play at work. Thank you.
  • Options
    DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts

Holy God thanks for showing me you're working on it. Gives me hope. As right now I'm just watching my friends play at work. Thank you.

A lot of these went out yesterday so I'm hoping you can play again. Please give it a try and let me or Ryyst know how it goes.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update, but the game is still running the same. I can say that it does seem to run just a tiny bit smoother, like maybe around 15 fps now, but I'm stil playing the game like a slideshow.

On behalf of your efforts to accomadate my device, I did factory reset my phone. I installed rivals and turned the shaders/effects off, and still don't see improvement.

My device is the Alcatel Onetouch Fierce XL. It ran the game without issue pre 6.0. And I believe the hardware is capable of running 6.0 just as well. Thanks for the update, hope it can be operable soon.
  • Options

Thanks for the update, but the game is still running the same. I can say that it does seem to run just a tiny bit smoother, like maybe around 15 fps now, but I'm stil playing the game like a slideshow.

On behalf of your efforts to accomadate my device, I did factory reset my phone. I installed rivals and turned the shaders/effects off, and still don't see improvement.

My device is the Alcatel Onetouch Fierce XL. It ran the game without issue pre 6.0. And I believe the hardware is capable of running 6.0 just as well. Thanks for the update, hope it can be operable soon.

I'm sorry to hear its still running poorly for you, I'll continue to look into the Alcatel devices. The problem with those devices in general is that have borderline crappy CPU & GPUs. Yours, for example has an Adreno 304 GPU and a Snapdragon 210 CPU which are both entry level components. What companies like Aclatel do is take older hardware components, put a shiny wrapper on them and then sell them as "new" devices. Obviously not on you but those devices take more work than others to get working properly with the updated graphics.
  • Options
    I understand DownShift. And thanks again for your efforts on improving my experience. I will inform you that I bit the bullet and dumped $300 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0". It has a capable 3.2ghz cpu with an octacore processor. I upgraded my mobile plan to have unlimited hotspot data so I am able to run the tablet off of my phones 4G.

The game now runs excellent. The graphics really don't look bad. I don't understand what everyone's pissing about. I did lose my matte blacks and some of my paints and rims look like crap, but I understand that's being worked on. The race tach isn't as easy to follow as the previous one. Makes for much more difficult launching even with respectable fps rates. The launch noise is kinda weird and unappealing. Anyhow not to get off topic..

The game does run well on my new tablet. Looks great and is as responsive as I could hope for. The only, and absolutle only, issue I see is the resolution. My picture is sharp and all, but the game seems scrunched horizontally. For example, when I'm racing, I can only see a short distance behind my car. Whereas before while racing on my phone, I could see a good 5 or 6 car lengths behind me while I was ahead of my opponent. The garage screen is scrunched horizontally as well. I don't know if there's a way for me to change resolution for the game on my tablet.

Anyways, I'm happy to be playing again. If nothing can be done about the resolution then so be it. I'll adapt. Thanks for your efforts thus far.
  • Options

I understand DownShift. And thanks again for your efforts on improving my experience. I will inform you that I bit the bullet and dumped $300 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0". It has a capable 3.2ghz cpu with an octacore processor. I upgraded my mobile plan to have unlimited hotspot data so I am able to run the tablet off of my phones 4G.

The game now runs excellent. The graphics really don't look bad. I don't understand what everyone's pissing about. I did lose my matte blacks and some of my paints and rims look like crap, but I understand that's being worked on. The race tach isn't as easy to follow as the previous one. Makes for much more difficult launching even with respectable fps rates. The launch noise is kinda weird and unappealing. Anyhow not to get off topic..

The game does run well on my new tablet. Looks great and is as responsive as I could hope for. The only, and absolutle only, issue I see is the resolution. My picture is sharp and all, but the game seems scrunched horizontally. For example, when I'm racing, I can only see a short distance behind my car. Whereas before while racing on my phone, I could see a good 5 or 6 car lengths behind me while I was ahead of my opponent. The garage screen is scrunched horizontally as well. I don't know if there's a way for me to change resolution for the game on my tablet.

Anyways, I'm happy to be playing again. If nothing can be done about the resolution then so be it. I'll adapt. Thanks for your efforts thus far.

That's interesting about the scrunch, I'll add this to list of things to look at. I'm happy to hear you're back up and running but sorry you had to drop the extra cash to do so.
  • Options
    BaconOnEggsBaconOnEggs Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hello. I am experiencing the same problem with my samsung galaxy note 4 here. I donot concider this a bad phone though its still 2 years old. One problem i suspect is that my phone is rooted. Rooting being getting developer access on your phone. The only thing i modified on my phone is optimizing it for gaming via root booster. It does work and helped me get around 20 fps so far. Before the update, I was able to squeese about 90+ fps with boost. Although i havent spent any money on this game, I played it every day for the past year or so. Please help me fix my lroblem with the lag.
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Mine still looks like a cartoon game- i'm on an ipad mini and iphone 6- surely it should be better than this?
    I keep expecting scooby doo to appear- that's how cartoony it is.
    Anyone else the same?
    Btw fairplay to downshift for his input and advice- it is appreciated
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @BaconOnEggs the Note 4 is still pretty top end despite it being 2 years old. My Galaxy S6 iS getting the same problems just about so, yeah
  • Options

Hello. I am experiencing the same problem with my samsung galaxy note 4 here. I donot concider this a bad phone though its still 2 years old. One problem i suspect is that my phone is rooted. Rooting being getting developer access on your phone. The only thing i modified on my phone is optimizing it for gaming via root booster. It does work and helped me get around 20 fps so far. Before the update, I was able to squeese about 90+ fps with boost. Although i havent spent any money on this game, I played it every day for the past year or so. Please help me fix my lroblem with the lag.

Rooting isn't going to be your problem unless you're doing some really funky stuff as well. You're falling into the same FPS problems as everyone else that we're investigating. This device was already on my list to spend extra looking into.
  • Options
    Big p said:

Mine still looks like a cartoon game- i'm on an ipad mini and iphone 6- surely it should be better than this?

I keep expecting scooby doo to appear- that's how cartoony it is.

Anyone else the same?

Btw fairplay to downshift for his input and advice- it is appreciated

Thanks for the kind words :) For the mini, if it's first gen, you would experience worse graphics (probably not as bad as you're currently seeing though) because it's a fairly old device now but you should not be experiencing that on you iPhone 6. We have identified and fixed a bug with the 6 that will be in our next update.
  • Options

@BaconOnEggs the Note 4 is still pretty top end despite it being 2 years old. My Galaxy S6 iS getting the same problems just about so, yeah

Yep, a lot of you are in the same general bucket as far as problems go on devices less than 2 years old. We're looking into it.
  • Options
    I've been enjoying the game again on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. However, there's only one issue I'm noticing and fighting with.

The game runs very smoothly, but sometimes after a few races I'll get knocked down to maybe 20fps. Like, the game will run flawlessly at 60+fps, but then some random race it wil drop to 20fps or less as soon as the live race screen loads. I've noticed that if I hit the home button on my phone to minimize the game, then click back on it to get back in to the race the fps will be back up to 60+.

I don't mind having to do this, but it sucks because sometimes when I minimize and reopen the game, it will have my launch buttons, shift buttons, and nitrous button disappear. I've lost some big cash and pinks races because of this. I'd still rather risk having the buttons disappear than trying to race high stakes with poor fps... But either way I feel handicapped.

I've closed background aps on my tablet, and tried several things. Still get randomly poor fps. I have automatic updates off etc. I don't know what's causing the issue. If there's any advice you can give me to help me resolve it, or chime in if I'm not the only one experiencing this I'd appreciate it. Thanks
  • Options
    Think I'm going to return my tablet to best buy today. It seems the game runs great but after 10 to 15 minutes of gameplay, the fps drops so bad it's costing me millions and pinks. The tablet gets very warm, but only with racing rivals. Not with other games. There must be something out of whack in the graphic coding from the update or something. Starting to feel very dissapointed now. I thought a samsung galaxy tab s2 would be considered a high end device.
  • Options
    @PsalmC34V22 That happens to me when my Note5 begins to run low on memory
  • Options
    @BlitzChaos yeah man but I got 3gig of cpu/ram, I don't understand how an octacore processor can have a hard time or be stressed at all...

I'm aware that many people are having this issue with very capable devices as well. And I believe the devs are working on it.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

@BlitzChaos yeah man but I got 3gig of cpu/ram, I don't understand how an octacore processor can have a hard time or be stressed at all...

I'm aware that many people are having this issue with very capable devices as well. And I believe the devs are working on it.

Yes, we believe the new update should resolve many of the performance issues players are experiencing.

http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5364787/racing-rivals-6-0-update-whats-to-come.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    @PsalmC34V22 My Note5 has 4 GB of high speed memory and a GPU that isn't the greatest but it still gets the job done. Although I think this QHD screen takes a toll on performance even if the game doesn't run at that resolution
  • Options

@PsalmC34V22 My Note5 has 4 GB of high speed memory and a GPU that isn't the greatest but it still gets the job done. Although I think this QHD screen takes a toll on performance even if the game doesn't run at that resolution

You are right, it's our game trying to render on high pixel screens that is causing a lot of these problems. Though, shouldn't be a problem anymore in the new update.
  • Options
    @DownShift And I'm assuming phones with the SnapDragon 820, 821 or above probably doesn't run into this problem as much?
  • Options
    Updated to version 6.0.2

Everything looks much... Much better.

The only issue now... Is my galaxy tab s2 still gets very warm after about 15min of racing. Then the frame rate drops again, and I'm having the same unplayability.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon... Rather disappointed. Losing hope now.
  • Options
    Frame rate is now at an unplayable fps rate at all times. The game is running like a slideshow. I've done a factory reset, and tried several other tweaks. Performance is now completely unplayable at all times. I'm fed up now. I literally dumped $300 into a high end tablet just to be able to play this game post update. And I still can't. I now give up. RIP RR.
  • Options
    @PsalmC34V22 Shoot, I tried the game on my mother's iPhone 7 Plus and it ran average at best. My Galaxy Note5 runs the game like caked azz wipe
  • Options
    customwheelie9677customwheelie9677 Registered Users 1 Posts
    i have low fps problem to on my samsung galaxy j5 is it caused by phone or something else
    surprisingly if i turn experimental graphics on it runs smoother and looks worse (looks like lower resolution) than if its off but still not smooth enough around 20fps
    and on lower performace devices it runs normally (i tried Lenovo A1000 ans Acer Liquid Z520) both have at least 30fps

Thanks for help.