Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ban Hammer Unleashed pt II

Comments

• greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @Roush Sport would these be open free racing lobbies or turf lobbies ? I recall reading a post somewhere on the internet that turf lobbies below 40 are almost non existant.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    They are there. But mostly empty during turf. As to be in a low lobby like that you can have much stress. And how much stress your car has determines how many pts you get for a win.. low stress = low pts. people want high pts per race in turf so they use high stress cars..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    Wow nice ban, could possibly do IP ban all their alt accounts. I have rarely used the tournament, I have like maybe a few hundreds free entrys I think, lol.
  • M0nkey 0n methM0nkey 0n meth Registered Users 1,658 Posts
    Any clarification on what this exploit is? I've been banned and I'm curious to know what I've done wrong, if picking a car out if my garage an joining a tournament is cheating than then I guess I'm guilty :/, I use the charger se in tournament's if the car is too fast for tournament then that's a development problem not on me IF I was planning on cheating it certainly wouldn't b with an account with over 1100+ cars on it I spend way too much time and money on this game to risk getting banned by cheating I hope u guys can rectify this situation quickly
  • Winstonwolf71Winstonwolf71 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I agree 100% @M0nkey 0n meth . Every time they do a ban they snare good people as well.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    The official response I've received - what caused the ban will not be disclosed. If you feel that your account has been unjustifiably banned, your only option is to contact customer service through the "?" in game. There is nothing that I, or any other mod / admin can do to assist. Your only option is to contact Customer Service.

@M0nkey 0n meth @Winstonwolf71 @Ridahz2015 @The DogHouse
    Thx @Roush Sport I appreciate it u trying to help thx man
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Why not just eliminate tourneys ? It's been nuthin but trouble since it's inception...

Remember ????

The Clone Age was strong...and it all started with tournaments...

DEATH TO TOURNAMENTS

Thx @Roush Sport I appreciate it u trying to help thx man

@M0nkey 0n meth No problem bud - sorry I can't do more to help.
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    In Arnold Schwarzenegger voice, " GET TO THE CHOPPER" :o
    Whatever it was im glad my account didn't have it :)

Can someone please explain this ? What is hammer unleashed ? Am trying to understand what happened and how racers were cheating. What's wrong with the charger SE? I have a ton of them and all I can say I haven't found a tune for it and that car is slow for R class. Any one cares to clarify what's happening ?

Im still trying to figure it out myself. That car sucks unless it add super charger. I saw screen pics on twitter of 1556 Charger se 8.585 from player xxzigzagxx. that's more like an et from a 1663 lobby car. Also saw same thing with but 8.632 from player c had.
    May the force be with you....
    I agree @CircusOfSlns ! The tournament just needs to go. It's been an exploitation issue since the inception.
    @Roush Sport I apologize for being curt. It's difficult to keep emotions in check when one gets banned through no fault of their own. I only posted here because @Ryyst glowingly announced the ban hammer. Unfortunately good people get caught up in each and every ban. Witch brings me to my original point. Glu/Carbonated or whoever is running the show. Have yet again made execution without trial. They did it in the clone days with the last broad sweeping ban. Now, legit players have to wait for our day in court to get our investment back. To make matters worse in my particular case; I've been in constant contact with customer service about the disqualification exploitation. I screen shot every single one and forward it to them so that they can track the accounts that are using it. I've been playing the game long enough to know that this could take months to get sorted. Heck, it takes days and sometimes over a week for them to answer everyday tickets. My team leader was banned last go. He got his account back. But it took nearly a year! There's got to be a better way. Using a meat cleaver for surgery isn't exactly good customer service. I appreciate and applaud that they FINALLY did something. But the action is ridiculous. As I write this, players all over the community are labeling me (as well as other legits) cheaters and hacks because we "must have done something wring". If I did. It wasn't by intent. And I would expect a detailed explanation. Instead I sit here. Waiting for customer service to respond. All the while @Ryyst has gone underground. I had no idea that you are a moderator @Roush Sport . I appreciate your communication. I really figured you were just another troll. lol
    Specifically regarding the Charger SE. I will tell you all the same thing that I told CS. It's absolutely unfair and needed to be fixed! That being said, there are many cars that are unfair and need to be fixed. The Turbomeister, F40, and pretty much every ghosted car are unfair. The Charger was just the top of the list. However I do not fault the player for using said cars. They are not doing anything wrong besides using a tool that the Devs have given them. It's not on the player. It's on Glu. Anyway... I really appreciate the help. And once again I apologize. Keep up the good work!
    @Winstonwolf71 No harm, no foul. I totally understand where your coming from.
    edited March 2017
    @Roush Sport . I totally agree with most what was said by @Winstonwolf71 . as I mentioned in other posts I am not familiar with what the se can or cannot do. However what I'm realizing is that this should be corrected at coding level. If the game provides me with a car of specific specs I simply use it. If it is an in game car and not tempered with by a hack or something than in my honest opinion it is a car which can be used.

My fear lies that as time goes by ghost shifting which I believe is some code flaw will be targeted next. GS is not something which is marketed by the game and as such can be deemed that racers are cheating. When GS is taken and is perfect the game's security features kick in and invalid the race. This is a fact. Car is not supposed to get the ghost shifted times. Can we get a guarantee from carbonated that we will not have our account banned for such usage.. As things stand they can come up with a decision that who ever is using gs should be banned. Or who ever has more than a turf account will be banned... These are features and options which racers do and take. I strongly believe that we will need to be informed of any 'according to carbonated' ill practices before the axe is swung. A list should be available for all in the generic section of the game and not in a forum.
  • rancraz7rancraz7 Registered Users 3 Posts
    What about self crushing in turf can that be fixed in some way
    @rancraz7 how can the game differentiate between what is self crush and not ? I would say extremely difficult.there again I'm not a game developer. Dunno what it entails.

@Roush Sport . I totally agree with most what was said by @Winstonwolf71 . as I mentioned in other posts I am not familiar with what the se can or cannot do. However what I'm realizing is that this should be corrected at coding level. If the game provides me with a car of specific specs I simply use it. If it is an in game car and not tempered with by a hack or something than in my honest opinion it is a car which can be used.

My fear lies that as time goes by ghost shifting which I believe is some code flaw will be targeted next. GS is not something which is marketed by the game and as such can be deemed that racers are cheating. When GS is taken and is perfect the game's security features kick in and invalid the race. This is a fact. Car is not supposed to get the ghost shifted times. Can we get a guarantee from carbonated that we will not have our account banned for such usage.. As things stand they can come up with a decision that who ever is using gs should be banned. Or who ever has more than a turf account will be banned... These are features and options which racers do and take. I strongly believe that we will need to be informed of any 'according to carbonated' ill practices before the axe is swung. A list should be available for all in the generic section of the game and not in a forum.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on what Carbonated will guarantee, and what they won't. Ghost shifting is a very controversial topic. I won't get into my stance on it, as my stance is irrelevant in terms of this discussion. I can say, though, that you won't be banned for it. I know I'll catch flak for this, but using it is not "cheating", just like using the Charger SE with the specific build that runs fast times is not "cheating". Doing those things is taking advantage of coding within the game. Now, using something like an APK to attempt to manipulate the game code....totally different thing. THAT would be considered cheating.

As for the "heads up" before the axe is swung - I'll bring that up at the summit. However, one thing to keep in mind - there's a bit of ownace on the player themselves. To cut right to the chase, if you have any inkling that what you are doing might not be acceptable conduct (again, not talking about using coding in the game to your advantage....I'm talking about purposely attempting to manipulate said code via apk's, etc), don't do it. If you do take part in said conduct, don't be surprised if and when repercussions are implemented / enforced.

To use an analogy - people know it's wrong to rob a bank. Those that do it know full well that it's wrong / illegal, and do it anyway. They know that if they get caught, they go to jail. That would be an example of non-acceptable conduct.

Now, the other side of that coin - if the bank has a policy in place that, to keep it simple, offers an incredible return on an investment - say a crazy interest amount on a savings account, etc.....and you take advantage of that and make quite a bit of money.....that's taking advantage of something already in place. You aren't manipulating anything, or participating in any unacceptable conduct. You are simply using the tools that you've been given. IE - Ghost Shifting, using the Charger SE - taking advantage of coding that's in the game.

Hope that helps?

Definitely. I'm still in the dark on what most racers were banned for but I understand your explanation. What I am still perplexed is why players using the Charger SE were banned. Your explanation is quite clear in this regard..weren't they using the in game code with the special buildt for their own advantage ?.. There again..I might be missing something here. And by the way...just read the post about your nomination. Congrats @Roush Sport

Definitely. I'm still in the dark on what most racers were banned for but I understand your explanation. What I am still perplexed is why players using the Charger SE were banned. Your explanation is quite clear in this regard..weren't they using the in game code with the special buildt for their own advantage ?.. There again..I might be missing something here. And by the way...just read the post about your nomination. Congrats @Roush Sport

The ban had nothing to do with the Charger. I'm not sure where you received that information from, but again - let me stress - anyone that was banned was NOT because of using the Charger SE.

As for the nomination - thank you. I'll do my best to represent the community and their ideas on improving the game as best I can! :)
    Congrats @Roush Sport , And not to beat a dead house about this but that's exactly what I was banned for I only used my charger in tournament's never cheated in any way I've spent 2 years playing this game building my rep I even made a post a couple weeks ago asking what these guys in the maclarens where doing disconnecting every race weather it was against me or someone else in the tournament lobby I doubt I would make a post about it if I was cheating myself doesn't make much sense to me an now I'm probably going to lose everything over someone else's mistake
    I use my charger se in tournaments all the time. I didn't get banned. It was an exploit some people were using. Not the charger se.

Congrats @Roush Sport , And not to beat a dead house about this but that's exactly what I was banned for I only used my charger in tournament's never cheated in any way I've spent 2 years playing this game building my rep I even made a post a couple weeks ago asking what these guys in the maclarens where doing disconnecting every race weather it was against me or someone else in the tournament lobby I doubt I would make a post about it if I was cheating myself doesn't make much sense to me an now I'm probably going to lose everything over someone else's mistake

I'm speculating a bit here, so bear with me....but chances are, your account was banned inadvertently. I can't reveal too much, but I can say there have been a few people who were banned that contacted customer service, and the ban has since been lifted.

As I said - if you feel you did nothing wrong and were banned unfairly....send a ticket to customer service via the "?". They will review, and will either lift the ban (if you were banned and shouldn't have been), or, they will provide an explanation as to why you were banned.

I remember your post about the McLaren and the disconnecting you saw. That, along with a few other things (posts here and others), brought what was going into the spotlight of the decision makers....which in turn launched the investigation, led to the discovery of what was being done, and then caused the ban hammer to drop. Unfortunately, there was some collateral damage with it - IE - folks that have been banned that may not have been deserving of it. Again, that's not my call - the only thing that folks who were banned can do is to reach out to customer service.

Using the Charger SE did not get us banned. I'm 100% certain of that. As I've stated, I've had lengthy discussions with CS about the car. My best guess as to what happened is someone turned us in as a cheat for using the car. They probably were unaware that it was a coding issue. Not a apk. Then, when Carboned issued the big ban. They didn't do the responsible thing and differentiate between players using the DQ exploit and the Charger. And that is precisely what upsets me. We are guilty until proven innocent and now our good reputations are being questioned and trolled by the community. Adding to this injury, CS now has 1000's of support tickets to sort through. They were already slow AF to respond. It could be months before we get our accounts back. Meanwhile our investment into our account is useless and not worth a dime. Customer service should be any companies #1 priority. I'll use a couple analogies of my own. Carbonated just executed innocent people. If one person is executed that is innocent of the crime. Then the entire system has failed.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    For a little more clarification.

Using the Charger was NOT what people were banned for.

They were banned for very specific circumstances and having those circumstances multiple times.

We aren't divulging what occurred to quell any attempts at replicating and/or tweaking the actions to attempt to exploit the system.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• rancraz7rancraz7 Registered Users 3 Posts
    What about self crushing in turf can that be fixed in some way
    So in other words u didn't fix the problem u just mass banned a bunch of accounts that were using the tournament's so most of the accounts that were cheating can just start a new account an do the same thing over again mean while people like me have to suffer for your mistakes?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

So in other words u didn't fix the problem u just mass banned a bunch of accounts that were using the tournament's so most of the accounts that were cheating can just start a new account an do the same thing over again mean while people like me have to suffer for your mistakes?

No....

From my original post

"There was an exploit. We fixed it. We banned 2300 accounts for it."

What I'm saying is, if I told everyone what it was, it could give people more ideas to try.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

I've used charger se in tournaments almost every day. I'm not banned.. it wasn't the charger guys. Sheesh.. it was the McLaren's.....all y'all gotta do is read ryysts and roush's posts.. smh