Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Free Focus Rs Re

Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
Yet another Cobra jet case.

Sorry, but I cant let this go without expressing my dissatisfaction. I worked exceedingly hard for the Focus Rs Re I have in my garage. Via pinks, via crates via gems...I don't need to mention that the value and rarity of this car has been tarnished. This is my 15 or 16 post on the forums, in other words I have been quite accepting of your changes and choices you make.

This is not the only time you have done this, Which leads me to feel like there is no attention to feedback or experiences. There are people who have accumulated 1500 of these cars in last 2 days.

I will not be rude to you guys. But please listen to feedback.

Playing close to 3 year I believe, lost count. I would rather not have been given a free car than to have this done to it....

Comments

• Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    I liked the cobra jets but there value got messed to hell, been playing for awhile now and I don't see things going very good for RR so I'm pulling out might end like 1320 soon
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Riyaad01 said:

Sorry, but I cant let this go without expressing my dissatisfaction. I worked exceedingly hard for the Focus Rs Re I have in my garage. Via pinks, via crates via gems...I don't need to mention that the value and rarity of this car has been tarnished. This is my 15 or 16 post on the forums, in other words I have been quite accepting of your changes and choices you make.

This is not the only time you have done this, Which leads me to feel like there is no attention to feedback or experiences. There are people who have accumulated 1500 of these cars in last 2 days.

Playing close to 3 year I believe, lost count. I would rather not have been given a free car than to have this done to it....

Well, let's be fair here - yes, you are correct, to a point. However, what you fail to mention - you actually received 2 cars, and 500 gems. When was the last time in turf that you made top 100, received two cars, and 500 gems in addition to crates, etc?

As for the flood of them in the game - that's because now there is a way to get one easily. I'm not going to disclose how here, as I don't want to encourage exploiters. If you happen to find out the way, I'd advise caution....as I wouldn't be surprised if the ban hammer swings again and comes down on folks that exploited this.
  • Options
    FamousGilbertFamousGilbert Registered Users 69 Posts

I liked the cobra jets but there value got messed to hell, been playing for awhile now and I don't see things going very good for RR so I'm pulling out might end like 1320 soon

what do you mean might end up like 1320?

We never got any free cars.
    well we did and it was this...

1320 legends for life!

• Options

Riyaad01 said:

Well, let's be fair here - yes, you are correct, to a point. However, what you fail to mention - you actually received 2 cars, and 500 gems. When was the last time in turf that you made top 100, received two cars, and 500 gems in addition to crates, etc?

As for the flood of them in the game - that's because now there is a way to get one easily. I'm not going to disclose how here, as I don't want to encourage exploiters. If you happen to find out the way, I'd advise caution....as I wouldn't be surprised if the ban hammer swings again and comes down on folks that exploited this.
    (((you actually received 2 cars, and 500 gems. When was the last time in turf that you made top 100, received two cars, and 500 gems in addition to crates, etc? ))))

Once the monopoly is messed up this doesn't matter, You can give me 5000 Focus Rs Re and 3 mil gems. But if your product is not worth buying then nobody will...

I dare Glu/Carbonated games to put the Focus Rs Re in showroom for lets say 1500 gems and see how many sale you get...

• Options
    Riyaad01 said:

Riyaad01 said:

(((you actually received 2 cars, and 500 gems. When was the last time in turf that you made top 100, received two cars, and 500 gems in addition to crates, etc? ))))

Once the monopoly is messed up this doesn't matter, You can give me 5000 Focus Rs Re and 3 mil gems. But if your product is not worth buying then nobody will...

I dare Glu/Carbonated games to put the Focus Rs Re in showroom for lets say 1500 gems and see how many sale you get...

Sigh - I'll bite - If they were to put it in the showroom now, it'd be a complete waste of time, being that everyone has one. As far as the value of the car.....trades aren't supported, therefore there really isn't a concern about the car's "value". If people are paying 30 mil in RRC for them, or 30 cents....it doesn't matter from Carbonated's perspective.
  • Options

Riyaad01 said:

Riyaad01 said:

Sigh - I'll bite - If they were to put it in the showroom now, it'd be a complete waste of time, being that everyone has one. As far as the value of the car.....trades aren't supported, therefore there really isn't a concern about the car's "value". If people are paying 30 mil in RRC for them, or 30 cents....it doesn't matter from Carbonated's perspective.
    @Roush Sport

My concern was never about trade or resell value. "I don't need to mention that the value and rarity of this car has been tarnished"

Just maybe I would like to think that a car I so hard for had been well earned. For example, You race turf day and night, race after race, pinks after pinks. Some won some lost, making lets say 50000 points to achieve T100 for your team. Only for the next week that car to be handed out for free.

I will mention Glu/Carbonated games does not only make money off gems/credit card purchases. The mere fact we are online (Data usage) makes the game money too. Who going to race your events if we can just get the stuff for free ?

Again, if your product is not worth buying then nobody will...
  • Options
    SlickChicSlickChic Registered Users 9 Posts
    What bothers me is all the time I spent doing the special offers to acquire gems plus the REAL CASH spent buying gems so that I could buy silver crates in hopes of getting these cars THEN finding out that they are giving them out for free!!??! It was pointless. And they only gave the 500 gems out to the top 100 teams when plenty of us spent gems specifically to get these now worthless cars. I normally do not complain but they really should not have given everyone a RS RE. Or they should give everyone who has a silver or wrapped RS RE gems or free crates.
  • Options
    SlickChic said:

What bothers me is all the time I spent doing the special offers to acquire gems plus the REAL CASH spent buying gems so that I could buy silver crates in hopes of getting these cars THEN finding out that they are giving them out for free!!??! It was pointless. And they only gave the 500 gems out to the top 100 teams when plenty of us spent gems specifically to get these now worthless cars. I normally do not complain but they really should not have given everyone a RS RE. Or they should give everyone who has a silver or wrapped RS RE gems or free crates.

Point and case #MicDrop
  • Options
    Riyaad01 said:

Riyaad01 said:

Riyaad01 said:

@Roush Sport

My concern was never about trade or resell value. "I don't need to mention that the value and rarity of this car has been tarnished"

Just maybe I would like to think that a car I so hard for had been well earned. For example, You race turf day and night, race after race, pinks after pinks. Some won some lost, making lets say 50000 points to achieve T100 for your team. Only for the next week that car to be handed out for free.

I will mention Glu/Carbonated games does not only make money off gems/credit card purchases. The mere fact we are online (Data usage) makes the game money too. Who going to race your events if we can just get the stuff for free ?

Again, if your product is not worth buying then nobody will...
    @Riyaad01

I respectfully agree to disagree, and I'll leave it at that. I see where you are coming from and understand what you are saying. I don't necessarily agree with you, but I see your points.
  • Options
    @Roush Sport

Appreciate your efforts. I do however realize that is the safest answer you can give, Catch-22

This however remains an unresolved issue. Perhaps one day ill quote this and say I told you so. I truly trust the game will not allow that day to come.
  • Options
    @Riyaad01 The thing is we can go back and forth about this all day. I'm going to think I'm right, and you are going to think you are right, and neither of us will budge. Nature of the beast. Personally I think we are both right, both wrong, and both have different takes / viewports on things that are beyond both of our control. Like I said - I see where you are coming from, and I can't fault what you are saying, although I don't agree with it. So, to avoid this going round and round and blowing up into something much bigger than what it is....I'm simply reaching out, shaking hands, and leaving it at that.
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @SlickChic and @Riyaad01 if you dont want these "worthless" focus rs-re add Johnny Rotten 1984 in game and I will take them off your hands. Or offer trades.