Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

How long does the turf crate last ?

DjMM268DjMM268 Registered Users 2 Posts
Does anyone know how long the turf crate lasts until it is changed ?

Comments

• Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    DjMM268 said:

Does anyone know how long the turf crate lasts until it is changed ?

Crates were changed just a couple of weeks ago. No one would know about frequency of changing since last crates have been there for Ages.
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    By ages he means a few months. They just refreshed and was first refresh. Just a guess but I would say they gonna refresh 2-4 times a year
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    dwdtuning said:

By ages he means a few months. They just refreshed and was first refresh. Just a guess but I would say they gonna refresh 2-4 times a year

What ^ says. That said when I started saving crates I massed Up some 48 after getting fed up of opening them. 48/3 crates = 16 weeks = 4 months. I would say they have been there for 6 months. So yes I agree with @dwdtuning .
  • Options
    DjMM268DjMM268 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Well thanks a lot guys. Appreciated
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We don't have a set cadence yet, but we know we want to change them more often.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    SlickChicSlickChic Registered Users 9 Posts
    Yes please change them more often. There is only 2 cars in the new turf crates that my team is excited about. The evo x n corvette zr1 are kind of a disappointment.
    Also, is anyone else bored to death with the bronze crates??
  • Options
    SlickChic said:

Yes please change them more often. There is only 2 cars in the new turf crates that my team is excited about. The evo x n corvette zr1 are kind of a disappointment.

Also, is anyone else bored to death with the bronze crates??

Well. The zr1 used to cost 600gems to get so I wouldn't grumble about it. The evo x might be the real disappointment though as others are putting it, it is being given to us for free... What I'm disappointed at is the drop rate for the evo x when compared to the dp. I already said so in other posts and will not repeat.

Re bronze crates cars are a hit. The evo btr is a smashing car and the Pandora not less. The lotus is something different. I'm still looking to get a tune for it. I'm sure there is a good one out there. Overall the bronze package was quite good. I would say that in a month's time there will be new bronze cars.
  • Options
    null
    The only reason I brought up the zr1 is because they just had them on sale right before they were taken out of the showroom. I'm not saying it's a bad car- it's quite good and a favorite of one of my teammates- only that taking it out of the showroom and throwing it immediately in the turf crates seemed like an odd choice to me. The evo x I've never been a fan of, but I know some people like them. I guess in my mind I was very excited for the new turf crates and the awesome cars they would offer... so I felt very underwhelmed when I saw those 2 cars. But hopefully for someone out this is their dream crate and it inspires them to turf their buttts off each week to get them.
    Also I agree that the bronze crate cars are very good cars. Im just saying that I have gotten so many blueprint cars from the bronze crates that I've just stopped using my tokens to open them. Therefore I will be very excited when they change it.
    Happy racing.
  • Options
    @SlickChic

There is the sale on the bronze crates right now so I am assuming that change is imminent.
  • Options
    I seen that :smile: can't wait to see what's in them.
  • Options
    redskullredskull Registered Users 30 Posts
    Can we have a Honda nsx RR in the next turf crates please. Thanks to the game administration personnel for having the wonderful idea to start giving away turf cars via the turf crates for free. At least all t3000 racers can have a chance to get hands on turf cars.