Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Players summit research.

DietzstructionDietzstruction Registered Users 666 Posts
edited March 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
Hey guys,

I know Ryyst has posted a few threads asking, but I'm interested in doing one for myself for my notes.

I'd like to hear from OG's and noobs alike, about your thoughts on what the game needs, what you miss from prior versions as far back as you've played, and any x factors that you feel are being over looked, as well as any specific feedback you'd like to be considered.

Obviously, I won't be able to dictate the flow of what happens, but if the topic goes there I'd like to be an extra catalyst for you guys there.

I know Roush will bring up plenty and rep you guys well, but I've always preferred forums, and want to help out as much as I can.

Post here or pm.

Thanks

"Max Bolt"

Comments

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Trust me - conversations have already occurred and are ongoing as I type this about changes / ideas being implemented in the game.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Pretty much everybody on this forums knows what I think this game needs :p

But I had no clue you were Max Bolt though. Thought he was retired or something :D
  • BlackfirePhoenixBlackfirePhoenix Registered Users 6,245 Posts
    I for one would like to see them address the fact that there is lobby tuning. I remember when I started out, I just maxed my cars and never knew what lobby tuning was until Glu took over. I'd like that new players once done with campaign or during, to be taught that your cars have to land into a certain rating to enter certain turf lobbies. That way there will be even more involvement in turf wars.

Not sure if this is a good idea or not.
    Ign Blackfire Phoenix and ExhaustedKicker.

JK still am Retired. add me on Steam instead @ BlackfirePhoenix
  • DietzstructionDietzstruction Registered Users 666 Posts
    @BlackfirePhoenix I agree. The lobby system is one of the first videos I made. I'd like to see either RR directly teach the players, or I'm pondering how to get some of the vids in front of more eyes.

Thank you for the feedback
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Agreed with @BlackfirePhoenix there needs to be a tutorial explaining the lobbies and lobby tuning. First there needs to be an explaination of the speed rating it took me a while to even learn what those numbers even meant. Then after I started turf and showdowns I thought lobbies went by every 5 speed rating (20, 25, 30, 35 etc.) so the 56, 63 and 68 confused me.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Lol the whole campaign needs scraped. Campaign teaches and majes you put No's on the car of the break. GLU sets EVERY NEW PLAYER UP FOR FAILURE OFF THE BREAK!

Fix the campaign to actually show people the correct way to tune or at least set up a car. NOS should almost never ever ever ever EVER be installed on a lobby tuned car unless its the last thing left. Period.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Ravi_NakamaraRavi_Nakamara Registered Users 1,982 Posts
    I know this is supposed to go on another thread, but I think we should have not only a better campaign, or at least ways to improve the campaign, but there should be more manufacturers in the game, such as AUDI. I don't get how we have Bentley, Lamborghini, and Volkswagen, all owned by the SAME PARENT GROUP, and yet we can't get Audi. I understand why we can't have Porsche (the exclusive agreement expired barely a month ago and Nakai-San must like his licensing agreement), but I think the Audi license could be bought, even if only for the purpose of using the R8 LMS and the older R8 LMS ultra as turf cars. We need more different turf cars, not repeats, and in general, more US turfs as well.
    dwdtuning said:

Lol the whole campaign needs scraped. Campaign teaches and majes you put No's on the car of the break. GLU sets EVERY NEW PLAYER UP FOR FAILURE OFF THE BREAK!

Fix the campaign to actually show people the correct way to tune or at least set up a car. NOS should almost never ever ever ever EVER be installed on a lobby tuned car unless its the last thing left. Period.

So you don't like nos then...? :wink:
    edited March 2017
    @Roush Sport :p i don't like that the game teaches everyone No's is the best way and first way to go. Then these noons get killed and wanna complain everything they own had No's.

Doesn't personally bother me

1. I don't own cars with No's

2. I can tune and race

3. My garage can't be duplicated even if you can remove No's.

4. I care that glu sets all new players up for failure with the campaign. Forcing new players to install No's and teaching them to put on first in the core problem there.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

I was just trying to be funny. I agree with you though, and it's one of many topics to be discussed.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@Ravi_Nakamara no bud valid points. I got no answers for the liecening department. I'm just a racer mate. I make cars go bye bye

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@[rr] ryyst or @[rr] sage Explain this to me. I'm wondering how in the hell does that work.
    @dwdtuning totally agree on that. I made a vid that actually talks about Alex lying from the beginning.
    @Dietzstruction What's your YT? So we can all see the vid.
    Rrschoolofhardknocks
    Tbh though, the campaign as a whole needs a facelift.

And as for the Summit I don't know if I should be excited or just say "eh" to it as previously, the game and players didn't benefit from the Council. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt
  • HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    From a new player's point of view (I started really playing last December), I think the game is just fine. I know it would be fun to see more visual changes in the background (perhaps some crowd cheering like in Fast & Furious or day time environment) but those are cosmetic changes.

What I'd like to see improved is the gameplay (just like in other games) how close to real time the races run and limit lag (or totally disqualify the whole race). I don't mind lobby jumpers in the multiplayer and they add spice in the lower lobbies. If people don't want lobby jumpers, then wait and race during turf wars or showdown. Light laggers are different and it is painful to lose a car because of them. Perhaps an exit button before the actual launch can help, if players feel they are victimized or if the other player's internet is simply slow (or just make the race invalid altogether).

One of the main attraction of the game is the whole racing experience. I love how quick it is to enter a race and start revving and I also enjoy watching the random replays. Tuning cars and the experience you gain from doing certain tune or modification is another one of the best thing about this game. I know the test drive is a late addition and what I probably want to add is a display on how far or close you are in tuning or just show the running rating.

Overall, gameplay and racing experience should be tackled or looked at without compromising anything else in the game. Much better if there is an efficient device optimization to enhance the gameplay (as long as devices meet the minimum requirements to run the game without suffering any optimization). Then probably this game won't just be fine anymore.

Note: I love this game every single day with what/how this game is currently running. \\ B) //
    @Heyhey so let me get this right.

You want both

A. More background graphics and live graphics.

B. And the game play to be better optimized?

Lol chech mate you win.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    @dwdtuning I'm leaning more on B. The game is already fun as it is. Take away the light lag/network/bad spirits away and if the graphics can still be done without any major hiccup, hell, let's go to A.

Anyway, I'm not complaining ;)
    You basically want what me and about a couple hundred thousand players thought were were getting wuth 6.0 but didn't
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

@BlackfirePhoenix I agree. The lobby system is one of the first videos I made. I'd like to see either RR directly teach the players, or I'm pondering how to get some of the vids in front of more eyes.

Thank you for the feedback

Me you and Pigpen should talk about this (videos) when you are both here.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

@[rr] ryyst or @[rr] sage Explain this to me. I'm wondering how in the hell does that work.

Just because we have a license agreement with a parent company doesn't mean its for all their brands. Some are cool with letting us use one of their brands, but sometimes they are guarded in regards to certain other brands. Maybe they don't want Audi in a drag race game. It could be something like that.

Let me out it this way,

Say I have a bunch of Legos, tinker toys and duplo blocks.

You ask me if I can use them to build a fort.

I say, "Sure, but only the tinker toys and duplo... The Legos are off the table because I don't want you to use them."

Thats what its like.

Heyhey said:

@dwdtuning I'm leaning more on B. The game is already fun as it is. Take away the light lag/network/bad spirits away and if the graphics can still be done without any major hiccup, hell, let's go to A.

Anyway, I'm not complaining ;)

I've spoken a lot on light lagging. Its a double edged sword. We tend to not to want to punish the innocent. We've changed it so there is a countdown and enough time to drop launch. We can possibly provide more time, but essentially, light laggers count on you to lose focus for that 30 or so seconds.

Network issues... thats kinda like asking us to fix the internet. The issue is that its not a point A to point B thing its like... point A (Your device) to point Z (our servers) and all the other letters in between are out of our control.

Graphics... I don't think we'll be touching that for awhile.

• itsmerepoitsmerepo Registered Users 6 Posts
    Add some more cities, with better background music to fit sceneries sort of like map packs idk just a thought
    @[RR] Ryyst With the graphics though. That's the main thing I hate about 6.0. It also makes it easier for scammers to scam, because everything is in all caps and I's can look like 1's and 0's like O's and it's just horrid. If you can fix that, I think the other part of the UI is fine, I just hate the all caps.

@[RR] Ryyst With the graphics though. That's the main thing I hate about 6.0. It also makes it easier for scammers to scam, because everything is in all caps and I's can look like 1's and 0's like O's and it's just horrid. If you can fix that, I think the other part of the UI is fine, I just hate the all caps.

We are looking at making improvements to the UI based on player feedback.

"I"s "O"s, "0"s and "L"s will all look alike whether or not the text is in caps. It does eliminate I vs l though, since you never see a lower case "L"

Umm, its kinda a tricky situation with heavier stuff like graphics. It's kinda tricky to explain but I don't think they are 100% ready to dig into such a complicated thing. Sure, they can work on smaller things like bugs, optimizations, etc. Now from what I was told from one of my last times talking to Downshift was that for a team like Carbonated, the UI shouldn't really be too difficult to do. But of course stuff like that will come in time.