Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Android Crashing - Loading and After Racing

13Next

Comments

• JamesBond007JamesBond007 Registered Users 23 Posts

Okay folks, I think we have a fix for the loading crashing.. still looking into the race crashing.

lol think? :sweat:
  • AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts

Okay folks, I think we have a fix for the loading crashing.. still looking into the race crashing.

Same thing I was thinking ☝
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • GDR_29GDR_29 Registered Users 5 Posts
    null
    Will there be an official announcement about the fix?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    The update should have fixed the crashing.

Looks like we are still seeing players reporting that they crash after racing still. If you are still experiencing that, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Note that your account will need to be linked to FB, GC or GP to ensure access to the racer after deleting the game.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Anonymous said:

Same thing I was thinking ☝
    We've never been able to reproduce this error on our side with all the devices we have so, yeah. We thought we knew what was probably causing it and we created a fix for it. Looks like, at least, the issue with crashing when loading is fixed.

• AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts
    Mine is loading now
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • trinidudetrinidude Registered Users 53 Posts
    Ryyst I just un installed and re installed the game and it still disconnected after the race.
    trinidude said:

Ryyst I just un installed and re installed the game and it still disconnected after the race.

What device are you using and can you give me the exact game version of the game? Head to the license screen and scroll all the way to the bottom.

• rotnyrotny Registered Users 4 Posts
    I cant download the game from google play store. Because of my region/country. And i use android. Any help would be nice.
  • NotPhunnyNotPhunny Registered Users 54 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Crashes while trying to load. Crashes directly after a race (winning or losing) in multi-player, tournament and showdown. Last two crashes were after pinks. One won then cr2qshed so no crush points of course, and then one lost. Game would not restart at all so I removed it and am currently downloading it again.
    Samsung S7 unlocked AT&T
    Google play version 10.2.98
    Android version 6.0.1
    Racing Rivals version 6.1.2.0201
    Racer name: Not Phunny
    Frequency of. CRashing? Every 1 to 3 races.

trinidude said:

What device are you using and can you give me the exact game version of the game? Head to the license screen and scroll all the way to the bottom.
    Samsung Galaxy j7. Game Version 6.1.20201.
    Ah this update works.. thanks for the fix...
    Raced for the first time just now in multiplayer and the game crashed
    Still crashing for me also.
    So has the dev team been able to recreate the issues that is as racers are experiencing?
    Have any of you tried updating Android to 7.0?

I did this morning. I'll know in turf how it works out under tough conditions. I'll try tonight as well perhaps in showdown but will get a better idea in turf of whether it's truly fixed or not.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited March 2017
    NotPhunny said:

I did this morning. I'll know in turf how it works out under tough conditions. I'll try tonight as well perhaps in showdown but will get a better idea in turf of whether it's truly fixed or not.

Try it in showdown and in multi - if the crashing is still a problem, better to find it now.
    edited March 2017

NotPhunny said:

Try it in showdown and in multi - if the crashing is still a problem, better to find it now.
    Not one crash. Did some pinks in showdown. Passed lots of cars back n forth in multi-player lobby. Also did tournaments. No crashes yet.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    My V20 has it and it's ok I guess but still, it's gonna be a while before Carbonated starts making bigger clans to the game
  • didisaifullah24didisaifullah24 Registered Users 10 Posts
    > @[RR] Ryyst said:
    > The update should have fixed the crashing.
    >
    > Looks like we are still seeing players reporting that they crash after racing still. If you are still experiencing that, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Note that your account will need to be linked to FB, GC or GP to ensure access to the racer after deleting the game.
  • didisaifullah24didisaifullah24 Registered Users 10 Posts
    > @[RR] Ryyst said:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > We've seen an increase in reports about crashing after either loading (stuck on step 4 then crashing and getting the "Unfortunately Racing Rivals has stopped) or after racing (game shuts down)
    >
    > We'd like your help in troubleshooting this. If you are experiencing any or both of these issues can you provide us with the following?
    >
    > In game name:
    > Device(s):
    > Operating System Version (Often found in your device settings):
    > Google Play Services Version (Settings > apps > Google Play Services):
    > Frequency of occurance (all the time, most of the time, some times):
    >
    > Which issue you are experiencing: (Crash at loading or Crash after racing)
    >
    > Please reply with the info for only these two issues. Any other issues please post another thread or contact Customer Service.
    >
    > Any posts not pertaining to these two issues may be deleted.
  • HerntsHernts Registered Users 1 Posts
    Something like this just happened to me actually twice it happened one was a free race when the race starts before the light turns green my game closed and By the time I was able to get back into the game the other racer had already won. Then I proceeding to doing a second race this time for pinks and the same thing happened Right before the light turns green to launch my game closed! And by the time I go back in game the race is over.
    Ign: Hernts
    Device: Galaxy s8 plus
    Android 7
    Frequency of occurrence: just twice as I decided not try anymore
    Gps version 10.2.98
  • mrlegitmrlegit Registered Users 12,436 Posts
    Ign fairracegoodrace samsungs5 neo all i can give
  • mrlegitmrlegit Registered Users 12,436 Posts
    Happens alllot
    Anyone knows how to upgrade android to 7.0 on a Samsung J7? Game still crashes periodically after races and now its doing it while loading.
  • backstab22backstab22 Registered Users 1 Posts
    ign : B A C K S T A B 2 2
    Operating system : Samsung galaxy s4. 5.0.1
    Google play version : 8.0.73.R-all
    Frequency of occurance : my game stuck at loading screen stage 4 for 5-10 minutes.