Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

6.1.2 Patch Notes - Android Update

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Update 6.1.2 is live

* This is an Android only update

- Resolves issues when crashing on loading
- Resolves issues when crashing after a race
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited March 2017

Update 6.1.2 is live

No way it's resolved. While I never had problems with my lg g3, a China brand mobile still does it. After racing i get kicked out of the game with a an error message : racing rivals stopped running or something like that. It is still crushing. Frequency of occurrence changed...it used to do it after each and every race. now it does it randomly. Its a real pain. I installed and reinstalled game a number of times but to no avail.

Just wanted to add that I tried racing in the multi racing lobbies and haven't had the issue.once I try racing in turf the game crushes.
  • casique23casique23 Registered Users 2,778 Posts
    Every time I leave a team it crashes
  • rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    6.1.2.0201 on android Still crashing at the end the end of races
  • chewbacuschewbacus Registered Users 5,148 Posts
    Same with me
    IGN: Chewbacus
    Official Middlist of Middle Men
  • NotPhunnyNotPhunny Registered Users 54 Posts
    rsxpwr said:

6.1.2.0201 on android Still crashing at the end the end of races

Same here.
  • JamesBond007JamesBond007 Registered Users 23 Posts

Update 6.1.2 is live

crashing after races still exists.. its like every 5 races..
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Have any of you tried updating Android to 7?

Have any of you tried updating Android to 7?

Think that did the trick, boss. Wasn't even aware there was an update for Droids. Thanks!
    edited March 2017
    @chewbacus how did you do the update ? Did you force it or rooted the device in order to do it ? You cannot simply update the os at a push of a button. This is Android we talking about and not ios
    Go to your system settings, scroll all the way to the bottom and it'll be right there titled "System Updates" @greenstaged
    @greenstaged , let us know if updating helped. We have a few players saying this resolved it, but it would be good to know if it helps more players.

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

@chewbacus how did you do the update ? Did you force it or rooted the device in order to do it ? You cannot simply update the os at a push of a button. This is Android we talking about and not ios

Actually, yes you can....it's called an OTA update, and it's done by the push of a button. :)
    edited March 2017
    @Roush Sport ...not from my mobile...unless I force it via rooting. Plus when I check for update it is stating that mine is up to date. Last update I have of the Android 5.1. Don't want to force which can have dire consequences and make matters worse.
    You don't need to force it via rooting. Trust me. Go into your settings and look around. There should be an option in there, somewhere, to do a system update. To my knowledge, it's a standard feature built into the android platform.
    You can also google how to update your device to Nougat...and it'll tell you what to do if you haven't received an OTA notification. What make / model phone is your "china brand" phone? (Also, most of the screens and chips for lg phones are made by Samsung. Samsung also makes the retina display for the iphone).
    If your device no longer is supported by Android, that could be a problem. 5.1 is already two versions behind. At some point, we cannot support OSes that old.

@greenstaged I see you edited your comment and added in additional info after I responded. Nice. Yeah, if 5.1 is the latest version supported by your device, then there's not much you can do. It's odd though...i run a tablet with an older version, and while it doesn't run completely smooth, it runs it well enough that the game is playable.
    @Roush Sport My main device is still on Android 5 and never had or experienced any issues whatsoever. The China product which is on the 5.1 manfests this problem. Yesterday same issue happenned again after pinks in the multiracer lobbies. Problem is not limited to turf or showdown as I originally mentioned.
    The issue wasn't exactly widespread to all devices on all OSes. So IF you experienced it, the fix unfortunately only works on an updated version of the Android OS. Unfortunately we probably will not be able to create a separate fix for older out of date OS versions.

• JamesBond007JamesBond007 Registered Users 23 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Not all devices can update to 7.0 as yet and some won't ever be able to, nougat is expected to be released in a couple months for samsung a5 2016. So if that's the only way to fix the game issues, then I will just play another popular drag racing game that I'll leave unnamed until then.. or whatever. But let me just say, to update a game where it is only really playable on an os that is a couple months old is ridiculous. Saying you cannot support an os that old when talking about 5.1, which really isn't that old, is an outrage especially when the game requirements on google play say 4.4 or something like that. Certainly though 6.0.1 should be supported, no one makes a game only usable on the latest os, especially 1 only 3 months old. I say usable because the only time the game doesn't crash is in test drive or daily challenge.. takes 1 race against a real life opponent for it to crash. Good luck with all this though.
    What bond said ^^^
  • r1y2a3n420r1y2a3n420 Registered Users 11 Posts
    I have a Samsung core prime. Not even a year old and it runs 4.4. There is no way to update unless I root it. On another note my game wasn't crashing till this fixed was pushed out. Do everyone a favor and just go back to 5 3. Game was 1000x better and everyone would agree with that statement
  • penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    Still sporadically crashes, although less frequently.

Sigh.....
  • MK_JEDIMK_JEDI Registered Users 1,625 Posts
    It is still crashing after a few races (galaxy s6) but game is still playable

My galaxy tab e in the other hand doesn't. Ever since 6.0 it runs super laggy. Any suggestions? I checked my internet speed and re-downloaded the game and nothing yet
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    @MK_JEDI problem is they are gonna say try this, try that . when in all actuality its their coding, its their software that's the issue.
    True. Even tho my phone is older and has less memory, the game runs better. Tablet its practically new and runs super slow. Under same WiFi connection