Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Update 6.1.2 - For Android

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey all,

We have just pushed a new update for Android players that should be available on Google Play soon.

This update should resolve the crashing on loading and after racing issues.

The update may take a few hours to propagate to all the Google Play servers.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• ftp1000ftp1000 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Just did update for crashing ...after 1st raced crashed
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    ftp1000 said:

Just did update for crashing ...after 1st raced crashed

Please advise as to the following:

Make and Model of the device
    Google Play Version
    Android Version
    Racer Name
    When it crashed - does it happen with any car? A specific car? In any event (multi, campaign,turf, showdown), or a specific event only?

Please be as thorough as possible in your response, as the more thorough you are, the better the team will be in attempting to re-create the issue that you are seeing.
  • GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    I also did the update, went to turf and bam.....force closed itself at the end of race again. I've already listed all my info. This is pretty disappointing.......
  • FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts
    i play on memu emulator i updated one account and it is like the game is running in slow motion loaded an emulator that diddnt have the update and it runs at normal speed

slow motion account
    Make and Model of the device memu android emulator in Samsung mode
    Google Play Version 10.2.98
    Android Version 4.2.2
    Racer Name FAULK222

regular speed account
    Make and Model of the device memu android emulator in Samsung mode
    Android Version 4.2.2
    Racer Name FAULK777
    Galaxy Note 5
    Google Play 12.2.98
    Os 6.0.1
    Ign. Slow burner 69
    Happens with all cars in turf Showdown multiplayer test drive. At the end of the race when the music starts to play it will close the game try to restart takes three to four times to load
    edited March 2017
    @Ryyst
    I just wanted to comeback and give a update.....first race after the update the game crashed. (As did a teammate with the same issue). For some reason this has gone away and the game is back to normal for both of us. Strange but hey.....we're happy!!

Ok so it appears I spoke to soon, and this is really random.....heres a video taken on 3-17-17 @9:15pm eastern time

https://youtu.be/eSDWrp2vm8A
  • NotPhunnyNotPhunny Registered Users 54 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Crashes while trying to load. Crashes directly after a race (winning or losing) in multi-player, tournament and showdown. Last two crashes were after pinks. One won then crqshed so no crush points of course, and then one lost. Game would restart at all so I removed it and am currently downloading it again.
    Samsung S7 unlocked AT&T
    Google play version 10.2.98
    Android version 6.0.1
    Racing Rivals version 6.1.2.0201
    Racer name: Not Phunny
  • Supra_Mk4Supra_Mk4 Registered Users 2 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Game still crashes most of the time after races and on loading. I already did a factory reset on my device but doesnt help. The game crashes with all cars and on all Events (multiplayer,turf,...)
    Samsung A5(2016)
    Google Play Version: 10.2.98
    Android Version: 6.0.1
    IGN: Supra Mk4 Savage
  • rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Android build 6.1.2 0201 on Samsung Galaxy S7 still crashes at the finish line
    IGN "RSXPWR"
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 6.0.1
    edited March 2017
    Still crashing in regular, showdown and turf lobbies.
    I upgraded from an S4 to this S7 recently to avoid issues of lagging.
    Not sure which is worse: constant crashing with my new S7 or constant lag with my old S4.
    What a choice I have huh?
    Game being run is most current download available from Google play.
    Please help!
    Samsung S7 unlocked AT&T
    Google play version 10.2.98
    Android version 6.0.1
    Racing Rivals version 6.1.2.0201
    Racer name: Not Phunny
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    edited March 2017
    I have not had any crashing, but when I am in my garage, particularly when adding upgrades, I lose the icons at the bottom of the screen. I can't change cars, upgrade, or maintenance. I only have the RACE option. I have to log off completely and restart the game to continue. If I just race and maintenance, it's pretty stable. Too much adding upgrades or a lot of car swapping makes it screw up again.

Verizon Samsung Note 4
    Solid WIFI, usually 10-15 meg
    Google Play Version 7.6.08
    Android Version 6.0.1
    IGN SWEETRIDE95
  • penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Game still crashes, as does with many others .

Crashed after multi, showdown, tournaments, turf.... while trying to load after crashing...

This is stupid. We can't turf, can't showdown, can't do tournament, can't tune (can't see times).....it's just wasting time, money, and gems. At some point my team will kick me for not making min, which is increasingly difficult!

Its been going on for over two weeks now........ come on.......

They need to do something to accommodate for this ridiculousness!

Device: Galaxy s7
    Google play: 7.6.08
    Android: 6.0.1
    Ign: p3nismightier
    Ya know, I'm not gonna sit and bash.....or call you guys every name in the book. I am however starting to wonder why I continue to spend money on a broken game? I've (we've) missed out on the past 2 turfs, multiple days of showdown, some days it's a pain just to complete daily challenges because the game crashes so much.

Yet we get new crates, new cars, and racer club thrown at us.....but have no idea when the issues at hand will be fixed. As a player who enjoys the game and spends my hard earned cash on it.....how do you think this makes some of us feel? I've been peeping around since the update on Friday and apparently mums the word??

Getting more frustrated by the day.........
    So has the dev team been able to recreate the issues that is as racers are experiencing?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Have you tried updating your devices to android 7?

Ill do a system update on both my s4 and my s7. Is that going to make the crashing go away?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    NotPhunny said:

Ill do a system update on both my s4 and my s7. Is that going to make the crashing go away?

Other players that I've spoken with so far have had the crashing issues go away once the updated.

I've updated to 7.0, knock on wood.....no crashes yet. Talking with a few friends on Android, they don't have the option to upgrade to 7.0. Is this issue still being looked into for them?
    I went to 7.0 as well with my s7. Don't know if I'll risk turning my s4 into a brick trying to put 7.0 on it. We see how it goes. Hope for best
  • Supra_Mk4Supra_Mk4 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Thats nice but Android 7 is not avaible for the A5(2016) so far
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Third race in turf just now and it crashed. Wasn't a pinks race, it was just a warmup few races with my 1656 300zx car. Oh well.
  • penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    I upgraded to 7.

It still crashes, but less frequently.

I do however have more problems launching game now. It will start loading and then jump back to android screen...

So still crashing.... yay.....
    Still no fix for crashing????
    Again i will ask when are they going to fix the crashing problem???????????????
  • trinidudetrinidude Registered Users 53 Posts
    Getting trouble to load the game now. Freezing when it reached loading user data. Also still crashes periodically after races.
  • grim reppergrim repper Registered Users 5 Posts
    I just closed an account and started over I can't upload pictures to my license. I tried to upgrade parts watching videos after videos were over it didn't upgrade parts.before I closed my other account I was having problems with turf wars, I was in a 1668 lobby and got smoked by 1680 that's messed up I don't know who was running this turf but they don't need to do it again I stopped racing this turf on Sunday. If that's the way things are going to be run I will never turf again.
  • twek139twek139 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Won't let me see videos, won't let me join friends when I close game gives racing rivals is not responding. I have a sony t2 ultra Xperia.. Lollipop
  • sardin tinsardin tin Registered Users 9 Posts
    i have done update, but when the game open and do some test run or multiplayer race, games force close, unfortunatly racing rivals has stop, too many times, can't play at all.... please help me, before the update, i have playing smoothly without any prob lagg or something else.... im using asus zenfone 6, with 2gig ram and 16internal memory.