Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Why are perf. crate cars being repeated ?

redskullredskull Registered Users 30 Posts
edited April 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
There are 1001 cars in game not to mention those which have been vaulted and others which were crate cars and turf cars. Whats the reason to repeat cars which were in the perf crates only a couple of months back ?!??...it doesn't make much sense doesn't it ?! Tomorrow is the 370z turn... If there is a rotation of cars i wonder why there are people who pay for the crates which at 40gems each are not even cheap !! ATTN carbonated... If you want to increase sales you need to get creative and stop any repetitions...being perf crate cars or other cars which are thrown in bronze / silver and gold crates in general. The bronze crate cars are all repetitions with the exception of the lambo !!! Why don't you throw in some old t25 turf cars !!! I'll bet my nuts that in the next silver crate update there will be the p1. !!

Comments

• Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Throw old T25 turf cars in crates, yea great idea........ why not just kill the economy
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Yes. Why not ? Its a smart way to increase sales with what they already have. Its not like they need to get a licence or something. Even the blueprint is already created. I suggest they add new crates dedicated solely for t25 cars or rather include these in the racers club instead. I'm positive that sales would increase. How many out there would like to get some old turf cars. At the moment one can solely do this via the off-game market / eBay etc. It doesn't make sense that such cars which are owned by carbonated cannot be availed via the game. It is just illogical.

Plus let us not forget that a number of these cars got lost with many retiring / accounts not used any more.
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    You're not gonna fine many people who want old t25 turf cars in crates.. that will destroy the value of their garage. But as far as Carbonated is concerned, it would prob be a money maker. But they'll catch alot of grief from those that have the old turf cars. And sell them for real money. It's the same argument they use for nos removal. " It'll ruin the value of our garage". Lol
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    Yes. True. Grief or no grief the thing is that these cars are lost to the game. Most racers retired and stopped playing the game. At the end its all about revenue. Carbonated should think about investing in the game and solidify its stability. Racers leave and others come. History repeats itself. Its always been that way. Can not fathom why carbonated and glu before them are finding it hard to come up with something so simple and which at the end of the day will only enriches its coffers.
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Oh I agree. I also believe we should be able to remove nos.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Oh...definitely !!! ..and remove also the option to rename ign. Scammers would be f***** for life
  • Options
    Rollingstoned_Rollingstoned_ Registered Users 865 Posts
    Why top 25 tho ? Why can't they just be the unwanted top 100 turf cars , top 25 will make everyone retire
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Top 25 are wrapped.
    Why should everyone retire ? Would you ? I wouldn't.

As I said earlier, most old t25 turf cars are lost due to many racers retiring. I'm just suggesting that carbonated should consider getting them out once again. Does anyobe remember the first turf cars CIE issued ? It would be great we can offer the possibility to buy them off crates !!!

....and we deviated away from the main subject....why are the performance crate cars getting repeated instead of actually promoting new ones ?
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    edited April 2017
    I for one like the fact the Perform crates are repeating. Waiting for the 2005 Subi with the R-spec lw parts, 2015 Mustang and Z28's to come back. Along with the 2002 Nsx as the full Cf cars are fun in Acura events as not many out there and you dust the reg A class nsx. Lol
  • Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited April 2017
    @JohnKIV agreed. Some cars would be welcome. Perhaps if new ones are marketed under the performance crates carbonated would actually sell some crates off the performance scheme. As things stand and knowing that there is a rotation, why bother adding the option to buy the crates ??? No one will especially when knowing that cars would be back in 3 months time.
  • Options
    Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    This concept not good. If the game wants to use existing crate/turf cars in crates change it somewhat. Make it lighter/heavier, Faster/ slower or even better make car look different,, ie kits but dont use same cars. That plain lazy and will destroy once again the value (Not monetary) rather effort value of the cars.
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I think everyone complaining about the perform crates have it all wrong. They are more meant to be "free" crates as look how many free ones you get per day @ 2 of them in top of the free ones in showdown. Yes, you can buy them but they are geared towards newer player expanding their garage and with longer time players being able to pick and choose the ones they want.
  • Options
    Burnout671Burnout671 Registered Users 3,975 Posts
    @JohnKIV bud I think I have some r spec parts fro the subi and some installed on one lmk if you're interested
  • Options
    venom061venom061 Registered Users 97 Posts
    i have an idea why not have a car from fate of the furious or from the bronze or silver or even gold to shake things up as well as add new wheels or headlight colors or under glow . The performance crate should have a sweet ride with some performance not something we already seen or have in our garage
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    2HIPSI said:

Throw old T25 turf cars in crates, yea great idea........ why not just kill the economy

Just asking a curious question, but isn't "the economy of the game" outside money? Seems more money is spent trading/buying/selling cars.

Just curious