Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Introducing the Fast & Furious!

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey all!

This is something we've been working on for awhile and I'm happy to announce that we are partnering up with Fast & Furious to bring you a good amount of cars that have been featured in all EIGHT Fast & Furious including the newest movie in the franchise, The Fate of the Furious.

To celebrate that movie's release we begin with our first of many Fast & Furious mystery crates which feature Little Nobody's WRX Rally, The Challenger Demon, Letty's Stingray and Dom's Ice Charger!

There will also be a Racer Club soon, featuring more cars from The Fate of the Furious.

That's not all! Soon, you can be challenged by your favorite characters from the movies for Pink Slips! That's right, while in a multiplayer lobby, one of the characters from the movies might challenge you to a pink slip race! Beware though, these guys aren't noobs. They drive hard and fast and will absolutely take your car if you lose. Hell, maybe even Dom will challenge you to a race.

How long will this last? We're talking a good while, we have all movies to go through after all. So get ready to live life a quarter mile at a time and experience the challenge of the Fast & Furious!

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    Nice, to bad we still can't race. How about fixing the game. Thanks
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    pathetic said:

Nice, to bad we still can't race. How about fixing the game. Thanks

What device are you using? There are many players that CAN play.

Galaxy notes 3 and 4 chief. Before you say well that's your problem. No , these devices are more than capability with Every game but RR. An according to the download page I have 10x more than what it requires to run RR.
  • ZPatienTZer0ZPatienTZer0 Registered Users 20 Posts
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, and have almost 0 problems with the games performance. I do think this is gonna be fun, but also think that maybe make it easier for lower level players. Also have many problems with free gem offers, I've done about 300 gems worth and only have received about half of that. .Keep in mind I followed all of the requirements set
    The Car Junkie
  • FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts
    edited April 2017
    @pathetic I am using a galaxy note 4 with no isues

Will there be any way to tell if it is a person pretending to be a "movie player" in a maxed car jimpinge lobby s?
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    FAULK222 said:

@pathetic I am using a galaxy note 4 with no isues

Will there be any way to tell if it is a person pretending to be a "movie player" in a maxed car jimpinge lobby s?

Yes. The movie characters - you won't be able to challenge them. They will randomly challenge you.
  • FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts
    That's nice to know
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Sure the game isn't smooth as it SHOULD be but honestly I don't give a **** about that with such good content
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @Roush Sport

What about lobby jumpers ? Would they be challenged as well ? You know were I'm pointing to
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    edited April 2017
    1800 gems for a 10 pack. Will there be an r3 car? That's some heavy dough for bps.

@Roush Sport

What about lobby jumpers ? Would they be challenged as well ? You know were I'm pointing to

Haven't confirmed, however, If they are anything like the "regular" bots, their rating and time they run will be determined by what rating your car is. For example - have a friend grab a 1630 or below car and have them join a lobby. Typically those lower lobbies are empty and there are bots available. Once confirmed, join your friend in a 1668 car. Once there, race a bot....the bot will be rated much higher than 1630 (and the bots will have different cars on your screen versus your friends screen).
  • shankshank Registered Users 1,828 Posts
    soon.. ? is it on now..? or it will start in near future..?
    @Roush Sport can these bots ghost shift ? Lol
    @pathetic Not saying yes, not saying no. Just make sure you are on your game and are willing to risk losing your car before accepting a pinks race.
    @Roush Sport you know me. I pink for a reason.
    The Fast and Furious drivers are different from regular bots. They will seek you out which means they'll challenge specific rated cars, so no you can't lobby jump to a lower lobby to try and beat a "lower" rated FF character. If you don't fit within their parameters you won't get challenged.

• Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    Thanks for the gift crate with the G LUCK rims. I was able to install them on my 1970 Honda S800. 19 inch rims to boot. I could only fit up to 16 inch. Look Amazing! I would post it here if I could figure it out. :p
  • casique23casique23 Registered Users 2,778 Posts
    Can you please keep giving out these dope rims all my nsx rr are gonna look fly af
  • BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Those g lucks look awesome
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Dang, Ryyst trying to get savage and shitt
  • Alex2017Alex2017 Registered Users 14 Posts
    please...Inform the car you have to use to be challenged by the Fast and Furious drivers
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    So random challenges much like the dev's xb times. Very nice perk and a good job with the revamp of multiplayer.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Will the challenge be straight to pinks? Cause right now if someone challenges me. I have to raise to pinks. But if I can't challenge them how does it go to pinks?
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi

Will the challenge be straight to pinks? Cause right now if someone challenges me. I have to raise to pinks. But if I can't challenge them how does it go to pinks?

They challenge you and you have two options. Chicken Out or Pinks.

• Maria7kMaria7k Registered Users 573 Posts

The Fast and Furious drivers are different from regular bots. They will seek you out which means they'll challenge specific rated cars, so no you can't lobby jump to a lower lobby to try and beat a "lower" rated FF character. If you don't fit within their parameters you won't get challenged.

Ahhhh a smart bot.
    Ign: Ellusionist M

• ZPatienTZer0ZPatienTZer0 Registered Users 20 Posts
    Is there a way to increase chances of getting challenged by a FF Character
    The Car Junkie

Is there a way to increase chances of getting challenged by a FF Character

Hmm... y...es.

The FF Drivers look for cars within specific parameters... so yes, if your car is tuned within those parameters you absolutely have a better chance at getting challenged. However, we ain't tellin' what those are!

edited April 2017
    All lobbies?

Same car in each lobby?

Talk to me ry ry :p
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    Everyone has a chance to get challenged ? Or let's say you need to be driving specific cars ?...like for example turf cars ?
  • Maria7kMaria7k Registered Users 573 Posts

Everyone has a chance to get challenged ? Or let's say you need to be driving specific cars ?...like for example turf cars ?

If so rip me
    Ign: Ellusionist M