Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Introducing the First Set of Fast & Furious Drivers!

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited April 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
Fast & Furious Drivers

*** Updated List ***

1668 - Dom in his Ice Charger *(VERY HARD)*
1630 - Little Nobody in his WRX Rally *(Medium)*
1656 - Tej in the Challenger Demon *(Medium)*
1645 - Letty in her Stingray *(Hard)*
1650 - Dom in his GTX *(VERY HARD)*
1656 - Roman in his Bentley GT *(Medium)*

Hey all,

*** Update *** The Fast & Furious drivers will not release when the update goes live. We'll be pushing them live when we're at the office, and not ready to go home. The update will go live though as it does have some fixes for players.

As we near the release of 6.2.1 and the unleashing of the Fast & Furious drivers, I though I'd shed a little more light on how they work with a short FAQ...

As this is a new feature, no doubt there may need to be some tweaks to the Racers here are there as we listen to the feedback from players. The Fast & Furious event will run for a good number of months as we go down the line of movies, so there will be plenty of chances to run into one of these characters in the game. Good Luck!

Q: How does this work?
A: Simply put, Game controlled Racers similar to the "bots" in the lobbies will seek out challenges at different intervals. They will look for cars within specific stats and will issue a pink slip challenge. The player challenged then can either accept the pink slip challenge of chicken out. If the Fast & Furious Driver wins, they WILL TAKE YOUR CAR. Afterwards they will seek out another player to challenge. If they lose a race, the player will win their car and the Driver will leave and return at a later random... ish... time.

Q: Will each lobby have a Driver?
A: No, they will randomly show up in specific lobbies and may only appear in one. For example, if there are multiple 1650 lobbies, a Driver may only show up in one of those lobbies.

Q: How will I know if a Driver is "online"?
A: A message will drop down similar to when you are alerted that a friend is online saying that a Driver is looking for challenges.

Q: I see a Driver in a lobby, can I challenge him?
A: You can try. See what they say.

Q: Do I really lose my car if I lose?
A: Yep!

Q: Can I get it back if I lose?
A: Nope! Well, if your car has the option, you could buy it back.

Q: What happens if I win?
A: You win their car!

Q: Who are the drivers? What are they Driving in? Which Lobbies will the be in and how hard will they be to beat?
A: Throughout the year we will introduce new drivers, and current drivers with new cars. The first "wave" of drivers consist of...

Only the regular Lobbies...

1655 - Tej in the Challenger Demon *(Medium)*

Q: What's the difference between the difficulties?
A: Well... Medium... you win some you lose some. Hard, you will probably lose more than win. Very Hard.. to quote the classic film, Bring it On, "You better bring it!"

These Racers are there to win. So be prepared to lose.

*** Added***

Q: Will Lobby Jumpers be challenged?
A: Nope! The Drivers look at the car and determine if they fit so lobby jumpers won't be challenged.

Q: How can I tell if I'm challenged by a Fast and Furious Racer?
A: When they challenge you, it will look different, and your only options are to Accept the Pink Slip or Chicken Out

Q: Will they always be in Mystery Crate cars?
A: No, some will have cars from other areas of the game.

Q: Will the bots have actual tunes using the parts actually available for that car, or will they have been given an arbitrary power to weight and speed rating?
A: The cars were created with parts from the game. So if you win one, you win that car with all it's parts.

Q: If you win one of the cars and then you lose that car in a regular pink slip race, can I buy it back?
A: No, the cars won from the Fast & Furious Drivers are non-buybackable. (Yeah, I just made up a word!)

Q: Will they just be in normal multiplayer lobbies or will we see them in Turf and/or Racer Showdown?
A: They will just be in normal multiplayer lobbies.

Q: Will the bots ever be in Vaulted Crate Cars?
A: For the time being while the Fast & Furious integration is going on (months) all the "FF Bots" will only be in cars from the movies.

Q: Will the bots ever be in Turf Cars?
A: I don't believe any of the FF cars will be used as Turf Prizes so no. (Also there will still be new Turf Cars coming NOT from the Fast & Furious)

Q: Will the bots ever be in cars that they won, for that matter?
A: No, the "FF Bots" are car based, not "driver" based. So during this first wave it will always be Dom's Ice Charger, Letty's Stingray an so on.

Q: Will the bots switch lobbies? And if so, will they still retain the same level of difficulty? (Ex: Dom goes from 1668 to 1655 lobby, but in another car)
A: Once they appear, they will stay in the same room as long as they keep winning and as long as there are eligible players in that room. IF there aren't any, the bot will exit the room after awhile. The speed ratings we listed for the cars will be what they are, they won't switch.

Any other questions? Feel free to ask. I may even add it to my glorious FAQ!

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev13

Comments

• MacDaddyJoeMacDaddyJoe Registered Users 582 Posts
    What in the blue ****, now tell me guys, is it worth trying to racer a computer that probably uses boost at 3x while we at regular level, lol notice the ice bucket is very hard. Good luck fellas.

Only ign: Macdaddyjoe
    Muscle cars are what i buy and trade for.
  • Maria7kMaria7k Registered Users 573 Posts
    Can't Wait.
    Ign: Ellusionist M

• patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    68 lobby I sleep
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    Ty you carbonated, ty ry ry.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

What in the blue ****, now tell me guys, is it worth trying to racer a computer that probably uses boost at 3x while we at regular level, lol notice the ice bucket is very hard. Good luck fellas.

Well, not everyone can or should take them on. They aren't here to lose. Otherwise we'd just give cars away.

So another thing, yes these guys are all in current crate cars... that will not always be the case.

• MacDaddyJoeMacDaddyJoe Registered Users 582 Posts

Well, not everyone can or should take them on. They aren't here to lose. Otherwise we'd just give cars away.

So another thing, yes these guys are all in current crate cars... that will not always be the case.
    I know sir, i my self just finished hammering the crates lol, now i have 1 ice and 2 each of the other cars with lot and lots of goodies, cars were placed somewhere else tho, but its cheeky tho, showdown gos down, 200 gems crates pop up, i had to do 8 sets of ten, weres racer club bruh? Lol.

Only ign: Macdaddyjoe
    Muscle cars are what i buy and trade for.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    I had a feeling from the jump that Dom's bot would be really hard to beat. Unless of course your a lobby tuner like dwdtuning or something
  • Ridahz2015Ridahz2015 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Ryyst am I right in thinking this will only take place in multiplayer lobbies or will it also take place in racer showdown? I tend to stay away from Multiplayer these days if I can help it.
  • KKDude11432KKDude11432 Registered Users 7,358 Posts
    Will the bots be light lagging and using GameGuardian?
    OG Player, OG Forums User, M5 Enthusiast, Legit Dealer. KKDude11432 is the name, Racing Rivals is the game.

Main Ign: XxDudeOfFirexX
  • KKDude11432KKDude11432 Registered Users 7,358 Posts

^^Just kidding^^

But on a more serious note, Thanks! I also appreciate that the Dev team will be giving the bots one final glance before they are released. A few questions, though.
    • Will the bots ever be in Vaulted Crate Cars? (ex: Bentley Continental GT3, Acura TLX GT)
    • Will the bots ever be in Turf Cars?
    • Will the bots ever be in cars that they won, for that matter?
    • Will the bots switch lobbies? And if so, will they still retain the same level of difficulty? (Ex: Dom goes from 1668 to 1655 lobby, but in another car)
    OG Player, OG Forums User, M5 Enthusiast, Legit Dealer. KKDude11432 is the name, Racing Rivals is the game.

Main Ign: XxDudeOfFirexX
  • Maria7kMaria7k Registered Users 573 Posts

^^Just kidding^^

But on a more serious note, Thanks! I also appreciate that the Dev team will be giving the bots one final glance before they are released. A few questions, though.
    • Will the bots ever be in Vaulted Crate Cars? (ex: Bentley Continental GT3, Acura TLX GT)
    • Will the bots switch lobbies? And if so, will they still retain the same level of difficulty? (Ex: Dom goes from 1668 to 1655 lobby, but in another car)
    Would be cool
    Ign: Ellusionist M

• SlxyarhSlxyarh Registered Users 5,109 Posts
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    Soooooooo I don't have to spend thousands of gems to get the cars thanks :D

IGN : 1320killer
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    If there isn't one of Roman I'm gonna be mad cause I hate Roman and I wanna take his car
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts

The first "wave" of drivers consist of...

Only the regular Lobbies...

1655 - Tej in the Challenger Demon *(Medium)*

Any other questions? Feel free to ask. I may even add it to my glorious FAQ!

So. No ff racers for 50 and 63 lobbies. Right?..
    And is it 56 or 55 ? Am I missing something here or is it just a typo ?
    @[RR] ryyst @Roush Sport
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Will the bots have actual tunes using the parts actually available for that car, or will they have been given an arbitrary power to weight and speed rating?

If it is an actual tune with actual parts, will it be a demon tune? and will it still be on the car when you win it?
    Lol...a thought just crossed my mind.... Can they pink slip ??

^^Just kidding^^

1. For the time being while the Fast & Furious integration is going on (months) all the "FF Bots" will only be in cars from the movies.
    2. I don't believe any of the FF cars will be used as Turf Prizes so no. (Also there will still be new Turf Cars coming NOT from the Fast & Furious)
    3. No, the "FF Bots" are car based, not "driver" based. So during this first wave it will always be Dom's Ice Charger, Letty's Stingray an so on.
    4. Once they appear, they will stay in the same room as long as they keep winning and as long as there are eligible players in that room. IF there aren't any, the bot will exit the room after awhile. The speed ratings we listed for the cars will be what they are, they won't switch.

Only for you

Ryyst am I right in thinking this will only take place in multiplayer lobbies or will it also take place in racer showdown? I tend to stay away from Multiplayer these days if I can help it.

Just the regular multiplayer lobbies

Will the bots have actual tunes using the parts actually available for that car, or will they have been given an arbitrary power to weight and speed rating?

If it is an actual tune with actual parts, will it be a demon tune? and will it still be on the car when you win it?

The cars were created with parts from the game. So if you win one, you win that car with all it's parts.

Lol...a thought just crossed my mind.... Can they pink slip ??

That's all they will do.

• shankshank Registered Users 1,828 Posts
    one last q which i had in mind ...

Is specific car is available for specific lobby..?
    or every car is available in every lobby

i mean
    the Dom's Ice Charger will appear in 30 35 40 45 50 56 63 68 & max or there is limit on lobbies ..?
    shank said:

one last q which i had in mind ...

Is specific car is available for specific lobby..?
    or every car is available in every lobby

i mean
    the Dom's Ice Charger will appear in 30 35 40 45 50 56 63 68 & max or there is limit on lobbies ..?

The cars will be in lobbies that their ratings would go into. So Dom's Ice Charger is set at 1668 , so it will go into whatever lobby a 1668 car would go into.

• ZPatienTZer0ZPatienTZer0 Registered Users 20 Posts
    If I'm driving a 1656, would I be challenged by a FF Character in a 1655??
    The Car Junkie
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    So since they can see the lobby rating us it.for turf/showdown lobby tuned cars or will they challenge the car if it's the specific rating but it's a glitched rating

Also since they can see the car status will they not race cars faster than the one the bots are driving ?
  • mrnasty1mrnasty1 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hey you know at what time this cars going to start coming out on lobbys?? @Ryyst
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts