Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Carbonate just as greedy

Mike wisemanMike wiseman Registered Users 33 Posts
edited April 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
Why in the hell would you waste crate drops in a 200 gem crate on fkn cheap red flake paint and blue headlights that can be purchased from the custom menu. GREED

Comments

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    You do realize that there are many things beyond red flake (it's purple in the custom menu) and blue headlights in those crates...right?
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Lol, you probably don't know how much money it costs in royalties to get this stuff into the game. Not to mention labor
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    Yes. Carbonated are doing their part. we can claim free gems and crates which cost money by simply racing and enjoying the game. You cannot simply pretend that everything will be free. If you don't want to play the game just uninstall and get over it. But stop grumbling about everything. It's true...whatever you do you always end up being critised.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    The beauty of this game is that almost everything can be obtained without spending anything. Any car in game can be obtained without spending a dime. You can get RRC easily (really easily for all you scoundrels!) and gems can also be obtained fairly easily if you are willing to work a little for it. We have to take all that into account when pricing something.

Sure, we know you would all like us to "not be greedy" and give everything out for free. In a Star Trek world without money and costs and bills, sure that would be awesome. However, things cost money. Cars cost us money. Car companies simply do not just give us cars. Hosting the game costs money, tools cost money, offices cost money, employees cost money, as much as I'm sure everyone would want, we do have to pay people for their labors.

As to why we include some cheap things in the crates, it's basically how those things go. We have stuff that is worth more and stuff that is worth less. At the end of the day, it's a game of chance, not a game of guarantees. It's up to you to decide if the risk is worth it or not.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• DerangedMenaceDerangedMenace Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    edited April 2017

The beauty of this game is that almost everything can be obtained without spending anything. Any car in game can be obtained without spending a dime. You can get RRC easily (really easily for all you scoundrels!) and gems can also be obtained fairly easily if you are willing to work a little for it. We have to take all that into account when pricing something.

Sure, we know you would all like us to "not be greedy" and give everything out for free. In a Star Trek world without money and costs and bills, sure that would be awesome. However, things cost money. Cars cost us money. Car companies simply do not just give us cars. Hosting the game costs money, tools cost money, offices cost money, employees cost money, as much as I'm sure everyone would want, we do have to pay people for their labors.

As to why we include some cheap things in the crates, it's basically how those things go. We have stuff that is worth more and stuff that is worth less. At the end of the day, it's a game of chance, not a game of guarantees. It's up to you to decide if the risk is worth it or not.

Checkmate.
    And RYYST, I don't know how to get rrc easily, since when I last played, I used to pay a c note for 1M directly from Google Play, sir. :D
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://communities.glu.com/racing-rivals/discussion/5354646/derangedmenace-vouch-page-285#latest
    Some of you seem to be to simple to understand what me, Ryyst, and others are trying to say so let's think of it this:

You guys are basically telling Carbonated to forget profit and other costs and just make shit cheap. If you had a business, would you want to make profit? Yes. Cause if Rivals was ran the way many are suggesting Rivals wouldn't be able to go long at all.

Some will never get it, but oh well, not much we can do about that
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst

Ill back you on that, Couldn't agree more.

Keep in mind though that it isn't cheap to obtain these lovely pixels you guys provide. So dont destroy the value by repeating or handing them our for free or and and and... You know where im going with this

I will be stepping aside for this and many more offers you provide until I feel Racing Rivals gets this concept (That I have mentioned many times before)

Beside there is always a confident rival out there that thinks they will beat me in pink :wink:
  • HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    Not to mention the free RS RE everyone has, oh well...

Now let's race! ;)
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    ....and other goodies we get over time. Cobra jet , Honda civic type r... 1000 and 500 gems etc etc...
  • Mike wisemanMike wiseman Registered Users 33 Posts
    For you roush racing.... it's not purple in the custom menu....its red flake. And understand there is alot of nice stuff in the crate. But the odds of getting a blue headlight i could buy for 7500 rrc is greater than getting something nice for a crate thats almost 200 gems. And considering i opened well over 100 bronze crates before the last refresh, while it had the bronze spokes, and got nothing but prints. Not one rim, not one pink headlight, not even a black paint, all prints. Since the latest bronze crate refresh ive already received rims and purple glow. So obviously there was an error before. All i get from support is the regular crap message about crates being random. So yes, i have a negative opinion about cheap rrc paint and headlights in the expensive FnF crates
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    @mike wiseman

If your only looking for goodies not prints. Why not save you gems and just find a trusted goody dealer?
    As much as I understand and can agree with what's in the FF crates, I do find the blue headlights to be quite a cheap shot
    @pathetic, it's not that i dont want prints...but during the last set of bronze crates i opened at least 150 and only got prints. That is obviously a program error that i just have to deal with. Which is bullshit. Ive bought 3 bundles of FnF crates so far and have 3 prints to the ice charger. For those crates to be so expensive, and to have to get 8 prints for one r2 class car, and to have a set of headlights that i can buy for almost nothing in the customization menu is either one STUPID, or two GREED
    There should never be items in crates or racer club that can be purchased in the customization menu