Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

RR Today

Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
Yo

Not sure if im the only one, but lately im getting bored more often. Things and players have become predictable. Same drop rate in crates. Same cars being recycled. Same tuning patterns. Same car in lobbies. Same guys trying to pinks you (with cheap cars). Guys with cool cars not willing to pinks....

Ive gotten to the point with I can tune a Wr tune within 2 or less attempts. Not sure if ive been playing too long or if this is a shared view/experience. I may just be getting good at this, But I feel the games code/pattern is too easy to work out.

Just felt like sharing

Comments

• Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @Riyaad01 soon you'll be asking wtf I'm playing this game for... Lol..
  • Options
    @greenstaged Don't think so, rather I hope not. I really enjoy racing any version of it
  • Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited April 2017
    I've been in the game for three years plus.. I've been saying so for these last two years especially when hacks and cheats are at their worst. Trust me there will come a time when you will try to quit !!...that said The game is highly addictive and if you quit you will get back playing the game when you least know it. It happens man. I tried to quit twice but here I am again with completely new garages.
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    If you are getting wr tunes within 2 or so tries just start popping them out and take all those Wr from Grim.
  • Options
    2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    i quit for about 8mo then got back into it.
    my down fall was that i gave all my cars away when i got back into it i had to start fresh.
    but encase you get bored try to give a cool car away just for the fun of it.
    i did, it was fun.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHYCfUcPEEE

• Options
    patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    @JohnKIV problem is most of his "wr" now are GS. So basically cheating to reach those times. "Exploiting an exploit is cheating BTW".
  • Options
    redskullredskull Registered Users 30 Posts
    Grim is good but its what @pathetic says. When GS is fixed once and for all the wr needs to be revised. GS is a flaw. The game was never meant to have any GS.
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Easy way to fix ghosting, is to make it where the game doesn't recognize shifts closer than .25 sec. No car in game has 2 shifts closer than that. If you shift normally.. to ghost you need to dbl shift faster than .12. so if you make it where the game won't recognize a shift faster than .25. you eliminate ghosting..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    @aubassplayer agreed and needed.
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    They would have fixed it moths ago but the problem is that they would have to redo a part of the physics since its part of how the game works
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited April 2017
    @BlitzChaos it's a timing issue. It's just like if you lag out. The server waits a specific time. They can make it so you can't shift again until .25 sec has elapsed....
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    So y don't they fkn fix it ?!
  • Options
    @redskull get this through your thick skull, there is more to it than you think
  • Options
    @BlitzChaos enlighten us please. It seems you know more than anyone else.
  • Options
    Here, even Ryyst has said this repeatedly. Ghost shifting isn't just something they can simply fix. The way it works actually is part of the way the game is built despite it not being an intended part of it. So it it was as simple to fix as some people say, they probably would have fixed it by now
  • Options
    My 2 cents, Ghost shifts arent all bad. Yes seems like causing drama. But I noticed more people being able to do it, so that means its achievable with practice. I would like to think of it as a tactic rather than cheating. I suspect it may be a question more of should the remove it or not. Racing/ Drag racing has never been about following rules (In context), Only thing that matters is who finishes first. How you do it shouldn't matter.

Hope you guys understand my point

• Options
    I have raced well above 15,000 races across multiple accounts over the years, and its rare where ghost shifting affects anything tbh with you. Sure, I get that it affects world records on certain cars like the jetta for example but how much does it really affect people as a whole? Probably not much imo
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    Riyaad01 said:

Yo

Not sure if im the only one, but lately im getting bored more often. Things and players have become predictable. Same drop rate in crates. Same cars being recycled. Same tuning patterns. Same car in lobbies. Same guys trying to pinks you (with cheap cars). Guys with cool cars not willing to pinks....

Ive gotten to the point with I can tune a Wr tune within 2 or less attempts. Not sure if ive been playing too long or if this is a shared view/experience. I may just be getting good at this, But I feel the games code/pattern is too easy to work out.

Just felt like sharing

I'd like to think the almost exact opposite. With cheating narrowed down to people using GG it's starting to be a lot more fun racing. With the exception of having to try and compete with people who are ghosting the racing aspect of the game is about as fair as it's ever been.

The crates usually have the same drop rates with just the inventory being changed.

The cars have been changed up a lot. Most of the times they try to keep it in a pattern of one new one old one new etc etc.. and they have been coming out with some awesome vehicles. The wagon and now the new turf car this week for example. Of course the Mr2 was horrible but it's followed up by something so awesome you can't hate on it.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    shankshank Registered Users 1,828 Posts
    Riyaad01 said:

Yo

Just felt like sharing

if u want high stake pink u need to be in a good car .... as simple as that

nobody will pink ur showroom car for their turf or something like that i mean quite valuable
    u want turf pink bring your turf for pink n then walla u will get what u want lol
  • Options
    Honestly, every once in a while the game would bore me because it does feel kind of repetitive. But striving to be the best player with the best tune with the best tune is what made me strive to keep playing. And as for the same turf cars being recycled, im pretty sure while most of us don't like it at all, we are pretty much used to it by now imo
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    @BlitzChaos your right bud. We have all got used to it. I can take an old turf car when it's followed by a new one and so on.
  • Options
    While none of you guys are wrong. I have noticed there are people that feel more or less same as I do. I got +-1200 cars could be 30% turf 40% rare create/other and rest is the rest. Yet I dont feel anymore established than lets say a guy that started year ago. Simply cause all cars and parts are too easy to come by.

Ag just a game and pixels I guess, However the dedication I use to have has been lost..